Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,726 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

#endsars: A Dance Amongst Theives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #endsars: A Dance Amongst Theives (150 Views)

5 Smart Ways To Protect Your Home from theives / Nigerian Dad Seen Trying To Help Daughter Win A Dance Competition In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: A Dance Amongst Theives by Thanos(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
As the dust settles on what has being a very emotional week in the annals of the history of this nation. A call for sober reflection is spreading across the country. At this point, there is so much back and forth concerning the events of October 20, 2020. The alleged massacre that happened at lekki toll gate that pushed the country into the depths of chaos. With so many accounts going all around, eyewitness accounts, government accounts, and denials circulating at the speed of light, it is becoming increasingly difficult to separate fact from fiction. I am not an investigative journalist. It would be amiss of me to post unconfirmed stories at this point. But one thing I can say, this week was a watershed moment in the history of this nation.

Except we want to deceive ourselves, anyone who paid attention to the situation in this country could have seen that Nigeria as a whole was a ticking time bomb. Due to years and years of systematic oppression, ethnic friction, organized crime posing as government, they have mismanaged Nigeria to the point that there was always going to be consequences. The leaders who have been placed in positions of power to rule have shown that the greed and corruption that has been the bane of the black man is not going anywhere. Where do we even start? It is now glaring, the reluctance of the average Nigerian to claim responsibility for their actions. Everyone is always looking for who to blame for their suffering, ignorance, and pain. No one wants to admit that they could have done things better. I would go on the record and say this. The events of the last few days are not the product of a faulty system. It is solely the fault of Nigerians. Me and you. No matter how we try to pick sides, an honest assessment of the situation would reveal that at every major stage of our descend into anarchy, we had a choice to do things differently, but our greed, selfishness, and innate corruption would not allow us to think of how our actions are affecting our fellow man. I can remember vividly during the build-up to the 2015 presidential elections. The so-called youths were once again paid instruments in carrying out nationwide protests against the incumbent government. The Occupy Nigeria protests that were held all around the nation were a political strategy to cause unrest in the nation. But at least the protesters understood that their fundamental right to protest should not be used to infringe on others’ fundamental right to freedom of movement and expression. Which was the first mistake the #endsars protesters made? The moment you act like your fundamental rights supersedes the fundamental rights of your fellow man, your movement has already lost its purpose before it begins.
https://revoluth./2020/10/24/endsars-a-dance-amongst-thieves/

(1) (Reply)

Home Cleaning At Affordable Rate. / Youtube Channel Creation / Morning Charge Up !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.