Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters (61965 Views)

24 Properties Seized From A Top Military Officer By EFCC (Photos) / #EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / Moment Airforce Officer Confronts Policemen For Shooting At Crowd (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Madam calm down. They are all soldiers. The term can be used generally
I've dated a Naval officer. I've been around them. I've visited the barracks. Never was a time a naval noncommission personnel was called or referred to as a 'soldier'. They are addressed as 'ratings'. When I asked, I was told the below.
ARMY:
Commission: Officer
Non-commission: Soldier

NAVY:
Comission: Officer
Non-commission: Rating

AIR FORCE:
Non-commission: Airman/airwoman

Now let me ask you when the airforce wants to do recruitment for o level, why do they use 'airmen/airwomen' on their banner?
When the navy wants to do recruitment for o level candidates, why do they use 'ratings' on their banner and not use 'soldiers'?

The general term for them is 'military personnel' not 'soldiers'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by karnap(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
more training for police
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by freemi(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kingpele:
Foolish fools ,this is how they killed one young man that was at queens school enugu area where he is doing his work, unfortunately hoodlums went to steal the palliative from that area And stray bullets hit him at his breast ,this guy bled out and died yesterday .this morning his corpse was brought to our Area ,the mum can't be consoled till now ,I watched the video of his last moment ,I weak for this unprofessional police force we have today,why use live bullets on unarmed civilians,why not use teargas or rubber bullets ..this guy is a very quiet guy and very respectful ..
sad
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Nicerazor(m): 12:38am On Oct 25, 2020
A whole Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) dem still de teach am rules of engagement.

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Originalsly: 12:44am On Oct 25, 2020
Hmmm...... man trained for air confrontation on ground instructing man trained for ground confrontation. If the IG is really serious..... this Police should be facing incitement charges and fired from the force.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by thatigboman: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2020
sulmeza:
lol...a military personnel is not a soldier??
soldiers are non-commissioned officers. Officers are commissioned officers. All military non-commissioned officers are soldiers
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by thatigboman: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2020
azadus18:
All defense personnel are soldier..d only way u can classify dem is Army, Air force and Navy ....so d man in d video is also a soldier
soldiers are non commissioned officers. The commander there is a commissioned officer, hence an officer. Remember the saying 'officers and soldiers'
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by kehindetawede: 12:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Kudos to the airforce officer.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by nthony10: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2020
It's very obvious these Nigerian Police is in dire need of basic training on human engagement. They can't give what they don't have
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by nthony10: 1:04am On Oct 25, 2020
KingOfAmebo:
A Little History class for my ignorant Igbo brothers.

The first President of Nigeria was Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe (an igbo man) and the first Prime Minister was Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (a fulani man) they both served under the republican government of Nigeria between 1963 and 1966 governed by the first republican constitution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Azikiwe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abubakar_Tafawa_Balewa

Meanwhile, General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi (an Igbo man) was a Nigerian Army general who was the first Military Head of State of Nigeria. He seized power amidst the ensuing chaos following the 15 January 1966 military coup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi

The strength of a building lies in its foundation, Nigeria's leadership was built on a weak foundation all thanks to the partnership between our igbo brothers and their fulani partner, If the Igbos are complaining today that Nigeria is a Zoo then they should be reminded that their ancestors was part of the foundation.

The Igbos have been one of the founders of this entity called Nigeria, an igbo man served with a fulani man as stated above...you begin to wonder why the hatred towards President Mohammed Buhari (a fulani man) and anyone that supports him, worst still they drag a yoruba man to it...just because you hate something or someone does not mean everybody must hate them too.

Just look at the excitement that Nigeria (the zoo) is burning under the guise of #EndSars, a legitimately peaceful protest hijacked by pretenders... Nigeria is the same zoo founded by your ancestors, you are already part of this entity called Nigeria wether you like it or not, burn it or build it, tarnish the image or glorify it, hate her or love her...you are part of Nigeria and would always be part of history.

Seek healing and stop hurting yourselves.

How much did they pay you to promote Buhari by inciting ethnic discord, may God judge you.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Fearlez: 1:34am On Oct 25, 2020
I weep for this country....in all normal circumstances, the army or navy should be working with police instructions during civil unrest.

But Nigerian police are untrained, useless and unfit for purpose. No one respects them.

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by subcbouy: 1:43am On Oct 25, 2020
saaphiere:
I've dated a Naval officer. I've been around them. I've visited the barracks. Never was a time a naval noncommission personnel was called or referred to as a 'soldier'. They are addressed as 'ratings'. When I asked, I was told the below.
ARMY:

NAVY:

AIR FORCE:

Now let me ask you when the airforce wants to do recruitment for o level, why do they use 'airmen/airwomen' on their banner?
When the navy wants to do recruitment for o level candidates, why do they use 'ratings' on their banner and not use 'soldiers'?

You date well. All correct ma. My mind tells me you have oppressed people with your date. Ask for forgiveness if you have.

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by PaulH07: 1:52am On Oct 25, 2020
Kingpele:
Foolish fools ,this is how they killed one young man that was at queens school enugu area where he is doing his work, unfortunately hoodlums went to steal the palliative from that area And stray bullets hit him at his breast ,this guy bled out and died yesterday .this morning his corpse was brought to our Area ,the mum can't be consoled till now ,I watched the video of his last moment ,I weak for this unprofessional police force we have today,why use live bullets on unarmed civilians,why not use teargas or rubber bullets ..this guy is a very quiet guy and very respectful ..

I think govt should give only the Armed Forces live rounds, and give others rubber bullets...
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by HOSTCOM(m): 3:11am On Oct 25, 2020
Good one. People are not cow after all.

Let me use this medium to notify everyone about illegal arrest going on in Ekiti ( Ado Ekiti to be precise). Nigeria Military Personnel have started arresting people by going directly to meet them in their respective home. This is not propaganda or fake o. We have to pretend we are not around before they could leave after several minutes of banging at our door. In their ranting at the door they said 'come out you dey among those that forment trouble, those that burn people's property, looters blab blab.' Please help us share until it's gets to the right channel as we aren't looters or trouble makers rather peaceful and easy going fellow. Personally I didn't even partake in the protest because I'm currently down health wise.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by BennyDon: 5:56am On Oct 25, 2020
There are still good men among soldiers.

Here's their code; the good ones among them are extremely good while the bad ones are the baddest.

If you come across bad soldier ehn, life go tire you grin
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by AdetayoNL(m): 6:01am On Oct 25, 2020
LucemFerre:

Tear gas... una no dey hear word.
Na so una go dey spread stupid news

Who stupid pass between you and I ? Who exactly? If you know you have personal problem, kindly move pass my comment...
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 6:15am On Oct 25, 2020
Nice from the military
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2020
azadus18:
All defense personnel are soldier..d only way u can classify dem is Army, Air force and Navy ....so d man in d video is also a soldier

Stop misleading people. And if someone tells you the truth, try take correct or simply research if you ain't sure. Soldiers are part of Armies that fight. While Armies are ground forces of military
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2020
saaphiere:
ARMY:

NAVY:

AIR FORCE:

You have done brilliantly well to educate them. But Nairaland "I too sabis" will never learn, take correction, neither will they make research but will be showing ignorance online with much pride and confidence
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2020
saaphiere:
Great.
That's a high-ranking Air Force officer, not a soldier.

Yes, some soldiers are professionals but this isn't a soldier.

Every military man is a soldier ...navy , airforce or army

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2020
Patriotic9ja:

You have done brilliantly well to educate them. But Nairaland "I too sabis" will never learn, take correction, neither will they make research but will be showing ignorance online with much pride and confidence

Every body and anyone engaged in military duty is a soldier first before being an officer or men.

A soldier is any9ne trained for military engagement.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by samwillyco1(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2020
All these gworo chewing pot belly police men, misbehaving anyhow. Please send all the police men to Sambis forest
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 25, 2020
i just wonder who employ all this Policemen.
why will a policeman be having Pot belle, very unprofessional.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by amazingspiderma: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2020
KingOfAmebo:
A Little History class for my ignorant Igbo brothers.

The first President of Nigeria was Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe (an igbo man) and the first Prime Minister was Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (a fulani man) they both served under the republican government of Nigeria between 1963 and 1966 governed by the first republican constitution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Azikiwe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abubakar_Tafawa_Balewa

Meanwhile, General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi (an Igbo man) was a Nigerian Army general who was the first Military Head of State of Nigeria. He seized power amidst the ensuing chaos following the 15 January 1966 military coup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi

The strength of a building lies in its foundation, Nigeria's leadership was built on a weak foundation all thanks to the partnership between our igbo brothers and their fulani partner, If the Igbos are complaining today that Nigeria is a Zoo then they should be reminded that their ancestors was part of the foundation.

The Igbos have been one of the founders of this entity called Nigeria, an igbo man served with a fulani man as stated above...you begin to wonder why the hatred towards President Mohammed Buhari (a fulani man) and anyone that supports him, worst still they drag a yoruba man to it...just because you hate something or someone does not mean everybody must hate them too.

Just look at the excitement that Nigeria (the zoo) is burning under the guise of #EndSars, a legitimately peaceful protest hijacked by pretenders... Nigeria is the same zoo founded by your ancestors, you are already part of this entity called Nigeria wether you like it or not, burn it or build it, tarnish the image or glorify it, hate her or love her...you are part of Nigeria and would always be part of history.

Seek healing and stop hurting yourselves.

Despite whatever trash you have to say the truth remains that me, you and all our loved ones will seek out food from this economy.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by SIRPYREXX(m): 7:11am On Oct 25, 2020
If at that point the police guys still refused to move back, they would have seen a per second transformation of the navy men from calm to extremely dangerous...

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by DenreleDave(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2020
saaphiere:
I've dated a Naval officer.

Why did you guys break up?

The fvcking was too much abi what

1 Like

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by phemy36(m): 7:21am On Oct 25, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOG_VNhlF4

As the #EndSARS roots and looting continue, and as Nigerians keep condemning the actions of UNKNOWN military officers at the Lekki toll gate, another video has come out but this time, it shows that truly, the military has some few good men.

In the video, an air force officer is seen challenging the actions of a senior police officer who had earlier ordered his men to keep shooting teargas at protesters.

The air force man told the police man to move his men behind, while the air force acts as a buffer between the police and the protesters

Some police are professional. Like

Rabiu Garba is the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at Fegge Onitsha. He built a borehole for the neighbourhood without any fund raising.

He organizes soccer tournaments for the youths of Fegge at their stadium where he also goes to play table tennis weekly.
For Rabiu Garba, Fegge is his home. Fegge is his community.

He has attended almost every church and every event in the area as he is invited because he is accepted as one of them.

When the rampaging youths came to burn his Police Division yesterday, he neither fought nor fled.

While his men were panicked, he walked out to meet the mob with the courage of a man who had nothing to fear.

They recognized him and the angry chants were silenced! Most of the youths could vouch for him as a professional cop and a role model for many young men in the community.

They even granted him audience to address and counsel them before the mob dispersed.

It had nothing to do with his tribe.
It had nothing to do with his religion.
He was just a model cop.

Weldon DPO Rabiu Garba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2020
SIRPYREXX:
If at that point the police guys still refused to move back, they would have seen a per second transformation of the navy men from calm to extremely dangerous...
Those are airforce
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Every body and anyone engaged in military duty is a soldier first before being an officer or men.

A soldier is any9ne trained for military engagement.

To some extent you are right. Because sometimes they refer all as soldiers (informally). But professionally soldier is more appropriate for Army.

Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Absoj(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2020
LostAddict11:

Instead Kudos to the Airforce officer, the Army are killers.
grin you're mistaking. that is a Maj not a Sq Ldr. He is in charge of a joint team which constitute personnel of the NA and NAF. He has insystematically planned his deployment such dat the Airmen will be the blocking force, the police the buffer while the Army remains in depth and to respond as a last resort- usually as the assault team, when the whole scene goes awry. It's somewhat in line the doctrines and principles of internal security.
Re: Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters by Greatomotoy: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2020
LostAddict11:

Oga that is an Airforce personnel never call them soldiers
ok Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi / Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp / Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.