Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State (679 Views)

Villagers Flee As Bandits Overwhelm Amotekun In Parts Of Ondo / Black Rain In Parts Of Rivers / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
KDSG imposes curfew in parts of Chikun and Kaduna South LGAs

The Kaduna State Government has declared 24 hour curfew in some communities in Kaduna South and Chikun Local Government areas, effective immediately.

The areas are Barnawa, Kakuri, and Television in Kaduna South Local Government Area and Maraban Rido, Sabon Tasha, Narayi and Ungwan Romi of Chikun Local Government Area.

Security agencies have been directed to arrest and prosecute any found violating the curfew and those responsible for breakdown of law and order. Security agencies have further been directed to effect the arrest and prosecution of anyone found looting and destroying properties.

KDSG strongly condemns the concerted incitement being done on social media. The government appeals to all our communities to reject incitement and resist the attempt to create chaos and anarchy.
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by RareDiamond: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
All blames should be on Buhari, the federal government and the Nigerian Army for killing unarmed protesters across Nigeria. These are the aftermath of evil and lawlessness of government, economic issues and bad governance

#End Bad Governance
#Economic and Constitutional Reforms
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
Palliatives of Covid-19 choked up in many places scattered all over the nation.
Every state get stashed loot.

So far no one has come out to claim he owns the warehouse. See life.

FG won't ask Questions. Na their pattern
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by Nowenuse: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
I don't understand, why should the curfew be placed only in Christian dominated neighbourhoods of KADUNA city?
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ha!
Arrewa might blame Igbos for the mayhem in KD..
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by GarbaAudu: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nowenuse:
I don't understand, why should the curfew be placed only in Christian dominated neighbourhoods of KADUNA city?

There is no riot anywhere in kd (both North and South). But due to the recent events /happenings in several States-- people busting and looting Covid-19 palliatives warehouses. Today hundreds of kd people (both Muslims and Christians) invade Kaduna Warehouses in Barnawa and Queen Amina Kakuri, all in Kaduna South. It's a hectic day to control crowd. In a bid not to attract other people to the areas, kd govt took that security measure and declare curfew in those areas close to Barnawa and Kakuri. All the bridges linking Kaduna north and south have been blocked by security agents. Wallahi people are angry and hungry. I pray and hope things will not escalate.
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by ilebaye2017(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
I just can't understand the essence of this curfew seeing that there is no reported case of violence anywhere in those places. I'm presently staying at Angwan Yelwa area and everywhere is calm.
How and why would the government just impose curfew because people are breaking into warehouses where covid19 palliatives where stashed to have a field day?
Our government is truly wicked in this country. Covid19 that we are almost forgetting about. Yet, you stashed food that was meant to be distributed then. What for if not just for shear wickedness so that people could just die of hunger.
I went out to buy roasted corn from a woman around my area, we got talking and I asked her why she came late. Only for her to tell me that she went to Barnawa where people are helping themselves with covid19 palliatives that was stashed in a warehouse but couldn't get any so she had to come back to do her business.
Shame to our government
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by drealzum(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nowenuse:
Don't mind him. The warehouse was in barnawa. His reason will be all these areas are neigbouring towns to barnawa. But stadium area is closer to barnawa than some one coming to barnawa from maraban rido.
So it doesn't make sense. It seems targeted. The only Christian town he left was Gonin gora.
Any way sha, anything for peace. I'm no fan of looting. Stuffs like these snow ball to looting of private people's property.
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by simonlee(m): 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nonesense!
the Milo in the warehouse has expired sef.... mtchew
people were carrying matrass, roofing sheets, rice, beans, garri, tin tomatoes, laptops, desktops, even flat screen TVs from the warehouse... to show you that this was not just covid19 palliatives, it was government properties which were looted by officials to be shared among themselves. useless people!!
Re: Kaduna State Govt Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Parts Of The State by NairobiWalker(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are very useless no-ones-anus.

(1) (Reply)

Is Ipob The Armed Wing Of PDP? / 2023: See Photos Of The National Coordinator Asiwaju Students Support Group / Why Is The Oba Of Benin And Governor Obaseki Quiet About The Kidnappings In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.