Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. (5770 Views)

Meet Sarki Abba The Genius That Was Made To Rewrite WASCE / Only The Genius Can Uncover The Secret Message In This PICTURE / 7 Things That Can Make You Smarter Than You Already Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Peritome: 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
7 SMALL THINGS THAT CAN MAKE YOU SMARTER

1. SPEND TIME WITH SOMEBODY SMARTER

As the old saying goes, “No matter how smart you are, there will always be somebody smarter than you.” Use this situation to your advantage. Hang out with somebody smarter, try to pick up their habits and their perception of different things. It helps you to broaden your mind and give a new take on things. When you spend time with smarter people, their attributes somewhat rub on you, and that can only be a good thing.

2. DO PROGRAMMING

If you want to train your brain to think logically and in patterns then you should do programming. It pushes your brain a lot towards the limit, and in return, you come out a much smarter person. You can think of programming as an advanced level of solving puzzles. There are a lot of free websites which can help you to learn to programme. Besides, a lot of jobs requires programming, so it looks good on your CV when you say you know how to do it.

3. READ A BOOK

No surprise about this. Reading books is a great source of information. As the old saying goes, “Knowledge is power,” and you can never have enough knowledge. When you are reading a book, it is also acting as a source of exercise for the brain as its taking in a good amount of information and most of the time you are trying to create a mental image of what’s happening. That’s a great form of stimulant there.

4. PLAY GAMES INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV

When you are watching a movie on the TV or any show, you are consuming a lot of information that is most of the time useless. Yes, it may be entertaining, but it has little or no use for you. However, if you engage yourself in video games, then you are stimulating your brain into something productive. Consider it as a fun workout for your brain since you are doing something that requires complete focus and action on your own. Now you have a legit excuse to play video games.

5. MID-DAY NAPS

We all used to hate the naps we had to take as babies, but these naps are vital for a fully grown adult. Taking a nap in the middle of the day is known to increase the efficiency of the human mind. It also refreshes the mind, thus allowing you to work even better and contain more knowledge. The best time to take a nap is around 3 PM, or you could simply take a nap after a workout session.

6. DRINKING GREEN TEA

Now, most people tend to prefer caffeine as a form of stimulant while working. While it’s a good thing, caffeine tends to make a person very anxious. Also, it causes you to stay up later on at night which hampers your sleep. It’s a good habit to drink green tea while working. Green tea, especially Matcha Tea, contains l-theanine which causes an increase in alpha brain waves. It is also known for making the human body relax without inducing drowsiness.

7. HYDRATING YOURSELF EARLY MORNING

The very first thing you should do after you wake up each morning is to drink two glasses of water. You and your body have been asleep for the whole night, and you wake up quite dehydrated. You need these glasses of water to keep your internal organs and yourself going. Studies have proven that a hydrated body helps you to perform mental tasks better. You wouldn’t want to carry on the rest of the day with your brain dehydrated now, would you?

http://viralventura.com/become-smarter/7/

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Peritome: 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Proudly, I'm a programmer & a genius already before I became it. wink wink grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Pubg makes you smarter. Dull people can't play that game.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by 4t4th(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
Cool. Let me sit here as we sail to FP
some body should wake me when we reach there pls.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Karlifate: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
cry
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Angelnath(m): 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
8. Dont support buhari

15 Likes

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by GolDRoger: 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
angry
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Peritome: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
OJay360:

Very true, brother.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by IamGoke(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
OJay360:

Can't be compared to Chess....

5 Likes

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by THUNDAR(m): 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2020
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Newman20(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
OJay360:

Don't forget COD Mobile

This game requires at least 300IQ points. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Onyeka90210(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
Newman20:

Don't forget COD Mobile

For reals
The game is like fast paced chess.
The game is confusing for PUBG players that try to switch, only a few can play both successfully
Classes, load out
No be small pikin game oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Newman20(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Onyeka90210:

For reals
The game is confusing for PUBG players that try to switch, only a few can play both successfully
Classes, load out

Funny enough I'm a pung to COD transition player. And I can confirm that the transition was NOT EASY!! cheesy.

But with time I got used to the different systems of COD mobile.

By the way what's your best COD class. I'm asking for research. I'm a ninja user.

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Newman20(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Onyeka90210:

For reals
Classes, load out

Funny enough I'm a pubg to COD transition player. And I can confirm that the transition was NOT EASY!! cheesy.

By the way what's your best COD class. I'm asking for research. I'm a ninja user.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by hrykanu231(m): 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
Peritome:
Proudly, I'm a programmer & a genius already before I became it. wink wink grin

I did like to learn Programming. Pls can you advise, the best steps for a beginner.
Thanks
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Peritome: 12:03am On Oct 25, 2020
hrykanu231:

I did like to learn Programming. Pls can you advise, the best steps for a beginner.
Thanks

If really you like it, that's good. Just make up your mind to hang in no matter what.

As a beginner, you start with the basics; HTML & CSS before entering boostrap, javascript, jquery, mysql, php, database, python & so on.

You're on the right path if really you wanna go into it.

Learn under a good tutor with patience. It demands practical extremely.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Onyeka90210(m): 1:39am On Oct 25, 2020
Newman20:

Funny enough I'm a pung to COD transition player. And I can confirm that the transition was NOT EASY!! cheesy.

I was playing both for a while before I dumped PUBG, going back from CODM to PUBGM is like going back to Stone Age
I use ninja too majorly, it’s an underrated class, silent and deadly, and the ability to climb on roof
Asides ninja I like trickster, airborne and trapmaster sha
But I only pick that when I have another ninja as teammate

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Newman20(m): 1:43am On Oct 25, 2020
Onyeka90210:

I was playing both for a while before I dumped PUBG, going back from CODM to PUBGM is like going back to Stone Age
I use ninja too majorly, it’s an underrated class, silent and deadly, and the ability to climb on roof
Asides ninja I like trickster, airborne and trapmaster sha
But I only pick that when I have another ninja as teammate

Lol, it's always so painful when I enter the match and see "selected by teammate" most times I leave the match in anger.

And pubg graphics are TERRIBLE compared to COD mobile graphics. Which is part of why I switched.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Onyeka90210(m): 1:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Newman20:

Lol, it's always so painful when I enter the match and see "selected by teammate" most times I leave the match in anger.

And pubg graphics are TERRIBLE compared to COD mobile graphics. Which is part of why I switched.
This guy, you have to learn other classes too na, but before you start game, from the team up menu, you can see the classes of your teammate, like when you join public group or friends invite you

You see ehn there are millions of reasons why COD is better than PUBG but the one reason I like PUBG is because of the physics , they used unreal engine so the physics are realistic, like driving on PUBG is better than driving on COD
And then again PUBG people too like money sha
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Newman20(m): 2:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Onyeka90210:

This guy, you have to learn other classes too na, but before you start game, from the team up menu, you can see the classes of your teammate, like when you join public group or friends invite you

You see ehn there are millions of reasons why COD is better than PUBG but the one reason I like PUBG is because of the physics , they used unreal engine so the physics are realistic, like driving on PUBG is better than driving on COD
And then again PUBG people too like money sha

Well you're right I do need to learn how to use other classes but the only other class I enjoy apart from ninja is airborne. I'm not really keen on the others.

And you're right about pubg liking money too much. You can't even get a reasonable skin without spending some money. It's only for the rich kids.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Vecto(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2020
I used to argue with a roommate back then in school about which is more productive between playing games and watching movies. To me I think watching movies, just like reading books exposes you to a lot of information that you can't completely get from playing games which main aim is to entertain and for leisure. Apart from strategy games like chess, sudoku and scrabble that requires intense thinking, movies trumps it all. wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by blingxx(m): 6:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Newman20:

Don't forget COD Mobile

I believe op meant board games like chess and ludo that requires alot of intelligence sad undecided... But COD is good too sha grin
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2020
IamGoke:

Can't be compared to Chess....
Yh bro but don't underrate that game, you're thinking all the time
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 25, 2020
Vecto:
I used to argue with a roommate back then in school about which is more productive between playing games and watching movies. To me I think watching movies, just like reading books exposes you to a lot of information that you can't completely get from playing games which main aim is to entertain and for leisure. Apart from strategy games like chess, sudoku and scrabble that requires intense thinking, movies trumps it all. wink
You know why playing video games is better, watching movie is a passive way of entertainment, your brain is not doing anything, what's worse is when you watch stuffs like Zee world, you aren't learning anything but when you play games you are building up your brain, play games like Pubg or Clash of Clans for hours and be good at it, when you come out you'll start looking at things differently, you'll see yourself thinking alot and board games too. The day I finally know how to play Chess, I felt like I was on another level and my neighbours aren't up to my standards.
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2020
8. Don't join APC
9. Avoid being friends with Buhari Media Crew

2 Likes

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by kingjoe(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2020
blingxx:

I believe op meant board games like chess and ludo that requires alot of intelligence sad undecided... But COD is good too sha grin
Does ludo really need intelligence?I thought throwing dice is luck

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by KingMack(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2020
Peritome:
7 SMALL THINGS THAT CAN MAKE YOU SMARTER

1. SPEND TIME WITH SOMEBODY SMARTER

As the old saying goes, “No matter how smart you are, there will always be somebody smarter than you.” Use this situation to your advantage. Hang out with somebody smarter, try to pick up their habits and their perception of different things. It helps you to broaden your mind and give a new take on things. When you spend time with smarter people, their attributes somewhat rub on you, and that can only be a good thing.

2. DO PROGRAMMING

If you want to train your brain to think logically and in patterns then you should do programming. It pushes your brain a lot towards the limit, and in return, you come out a much smarter person. You can think of programming as an advanced level of solving puzzles. There are a lot of free websites which can help you to learn to programme. Besides, a lot of jobs requires programming, so it looks good on your CV when you say you know how to do it.

3. READ A BOOK

No surprise about this. Reading books is a great source of information. As the old saying goes, “Knowledge is power,” and you can never have enough knowledge. When you are reading a book, it is also acting as a source of exercise for the brain as its taking in a good amount of information and most of the time you are trying to create a mental image of what’s happening. That’s a great form of stimulant there.

4. PLAY GAMES INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV

When you are watching a movie on the TV or any show, you are consuming a lot of information that is most of the time useless. Yes, it may be entertaining, but it has little or no use for you. However, if you engage yourself in video games, then you are stimulating your brain into something productive. Consider it as a fun workout for your brain since you are doing something that requires complete focus and action on your own. Now you have a legit excuse to play video games.

5. MID-DAY NAPS

We all used to hate the naps we had to take as babies, but these naps are vital for a fully grown adult. Taking a nap in the middle of the day is known to increase the efficiency of the human mind. It also refreshes the mind, thus allowing you to work even better and contain more knowledge. The best time to take a nap is around 3 PM, or you could simply take a nap after a workout session.

6. DRINKING GREEN TEA

Now, most people tend to prefer caffeine as a form of stimulant while working. While it’s a good thing, caffeine tends to make a person very anxious. Also, it causes you to stay up later on at night which hampers your sleep. It’s a good habit to drink green tea while working. Green tea, especially Matcha Tea, contains l-theanine which causes an increase in alpha brain waves. It is also known for making the human body relax without inducing drowsiness.

7. HYDRATING YOURSELF EARLY MORNING

The very first thing you should do after you wake up each morning is to drink two glasses of water. You and your body have been asleep for the whole night, and you wake up quite dehydrated. You need these glasses of water to keep your internal organs and yourself going. Studies have proven that a hydrated body helps you to perform mental tasks better. You wouldn’t want to carry on the rest of the day with your brain dehydrated now, would you?

http://viralventura.com/become-smarter/7/

Steps on how I can learn programming please?
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by nazicartel(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Peritome:

If really you like it, that's good. Just make up your mind to hang in no matter what.

As a beginner, you start with the basics; HTML & CSS before entering boostrap, javascript, jquery, mysql, php, database, python & so on.

You're on the right path if really you wanna go into it.

Learn under a good tutor with patience. It demands practical extremely.
can one learn programming online?
Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Dreamliner787(m): 8:45am On Oct 25, 2020
What about chess?.. cheesy cheesy damn!.. that game dey touch brain I swear...

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Onyeka90210(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2020
blingxx:

Bruhhh
Imagine playing chess on a fast level mehn
Bruh, you gats be quick with your reactions , kill or be killed,
Trying to guess the opponents move without missing it, games are underrated, it heightens reflex, that I know, and when I learnt how to solve the Rubik’s cube efficiently it increased my gaming skills madly, coordination and calculation, and it helps in your everyday life, always calculating , stuffs mad, I play chess and checkers but you see playing online games, you have to think of your next move within milliseconds mehn

1 Like

Re: 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. by Onyeka90210(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2020
Newman20:

Well you're right I do need to learn how to use other classes but the only other class I enjoy apart from ninja is airborne. I'm not really keen on the others.

And you're right about pubg liking money too much. You can't even get a reasonable skin without spending some money. It's only for the rich kids.
Yeah, they are selfish with events rewards, but COD they are really generous, I never spent a dime on PUBG, but you see COD, that game gives me joy, I spend money on it to support them basically cause I enjoy it.
I’m waiting for apex legends Mobile sha, that one will be mad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni, Others Bag Awards As EKSU Holds Convocation(read Details) / Agricultural Engineering (soil And Water Option) Final Year Project Topics / The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.