Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? (1177 Views)

"We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / INEC Confirms Rivers APC Won’t Participate In 2019 Elections / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by DontBullshitMe: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
omenka:
I dont understand why we keep raising this issue when we know most of the time, the loyalty of nigerians to the government is somewhat dictated by the ethnicity or religion of the president.

There wasn't much activity in the North just as there wasn't much activity in 2012 in the South South and South East during occupy Nigeria protests.

It is the NORM in Nigeria.

The only part of Nigeria where you see a violation of this rule to some extent is in the South West. Remember no other region rebelled against Obasanjo as much as they did. That was then anyway, I bet it would be different tomorrow if a South Westerner becomes the president because Nigeria is alot different than what it was in 2006/7.
Obasanjo wasn't SW's candidate for the presidency. Remember? So, the consistent revolt is understandable.

I don't know why people can't see that Nigeria is still clearly divided along ethnic lines. It is even worse these days as it has degenerated into sub-ethnic division too.

Reason why a political revolution won't be the answer to Nigeria's problem. It has to be idealistic.

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:
Taking a close look at all that happened in these past days in the course of the #ENDSARS protest, it seemed to me like the North were not really in support of it. Apart from Abuja which is basically no man's land and Jos, I saw no protest in the north.
The protest was later upgraded to #EndBadGovernment and #Buharimustgo; yet there was little or no participation from the North.

My questions are these?
Is it that SARS never harassed those living in the North?
Is there a different form of governance going on in the North?
Is the cost of living different there?
Why was the North absent in the protest?
There were protests in Kano and Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by MichaelDuf: 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
The behaviour of Yorubas is an eye-opener.

No group should join them in even asking for resource countrol or restructuting. Outright separation is the only viable option.

No place for Yoruba in a Southern Nigeria. They are not to be trusted at all.

If Yorubas propose any protest, pleasrle leave them to protest alone.

They are so cowardly that they could not resist blaming igbos for crimes cimmitted by their
Yoruba thugs.

Now we know.

2 Likes

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2020
MichaelDuf:
The behaviour of Yorubas is an eye-opener.

No group should join them in even asking for resource countrol or restructuting. Outright separation is the only viable option.

No place for Yoruba in a Southern Nigeria. They are not to be trusted at all.

If Yorubas propose any protest, pleasrle leave them to protest alone.

They are so cowardly that they could not resist blaming igbos for crimes cimmitted by their
Yoruba thugs.

Now we know.

Good observation!

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by IJOBA2: 8:25am On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

Because they need police to help with criminals while you don't in your region
THIS FULANI MAN ID TRYING SO HARD TO CAUSE DIVISION AMONGST SOUTHERNERS.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by TecM0: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2020
IJOBA2:
THIS FULANI MAN ID TRYING SO HARD TO CAUSE DIVISION AMONGST SOUTHERNERS.

Fulani kor Gambari nii

Gbo Gbo wa o le sun ka Kori si ibi kana

27 busses was burnt at Oyigbo BRT terminals each busses cost $200,000 for the new ones Ambode bought with charging port and AC, this busses cater for Transportation of my people to and fro to work and business place

And you think i will join hoodlums promoting destruction to reason destruction.

Olorun Oba make

I'll rather speak against ills than support one stupid Unity Oju aye

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by ivolt: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2020
Kyase:

If not for some good ones and innocent, police for just pack come north leave them with their ametakun

Where's the ametakun now sef, probably looting too
Don't insult Amotekun. Only one state has officially launched till date, Ondo. Most are still at the recruitment stage.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Kyase(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2020
ivolt:

Don't insult Amotekun. Only one state has officially launched till date, Ondo. Most are still at the recruitment stage.
And where did you see me insult them.

The looting and destruction did not happen in ondo right?

Continue covering their incompetency.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by PissfulProtester: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2020
omenka:
I dont understand why we keep raising this issue when we know most of the time, the loyalty of nigerians to the government is somewhat dictated by the ethnicity or religion of the president.

There wasn't much activity in the North just as there wasn't much activity in 2012 in the South South and South East during occupy Nigeria protests.

It is the NORM in Nigeria.

The only part of Nigeria where you see a violation of this rule to some extent is in the South West. Remember no other region rebelled against Obasanjo as much as they did. That was then anyway, I bet it would be different tomorrow if a South Westerner becomes the president because Nigeria is alot different than what it was in 2006/7.
5 fully grown cows for your eating pleasure, Omenka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Paretomaster1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
henrycloud:

Just imagine! That is the issue. Why did they do that?

So you don't see their reasons all this while? Few Northern states support ENDSARS, they mostly advocate for an ENDTOBANDITRY, ENDTOKIDNAPPING, INSECURITY etc.

The PROSARS group claimed SARS have been helping in fighting BH, and Bandits, so they still need them.

I agree with them, you hardly hear of SARS in the North talkless of them harassing people, maybe they are scared or something...

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Didn’t Endorse Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition – Kano Islamic Leaders / Zoning Is Only Appropriate If Presidency Goes To The South East / Okay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.