Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! (13550 Views)

Teebillz In His Car On Lekki Toll Bridge - Drewbaba.com / Jim Iyke And His Son Lie On The Bed (photo) / Jim Iyke Vs Iyanya,who Rocked The Boss Look Better - [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by dremoney(m): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
mama-gee:

It doesn't surprise me that the Nigerian Police would arrest someone over tinted glasses

when they are robbers and criminals roaming over the streets of the country.

I can bet he was arrested in a plot to get money from him because there's no law in the world that's against tinted glasses.

are you on some drugs?

Nigeria's a sovereign state ms pinky.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
I am just wondering why Jim Iyke did not pull those his Steven Seagal moves and break arms and legs of the policemen. kai. he fall my shoulder abeg. he is getting soft grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by beeman80: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
The use of the word 'arrested' is out of proportion.He was apprehended sounds more like it.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by yunafa(f): 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
who is jim iyke? how does he determine the price of garri in d mkt or the massive rigging perprtuated by PDP
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2011
@ Yunafa

pls , stop making noise here
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by segunsege: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2011
dem bad guys
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by coded777: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2011
guys relax, that was just a movie scene in the making. . . there was non arrest,  wink
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by ideylaff: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2011
So na Tinted Windscreen make about 10 Law Enforcement agents show up for this picture wey I dey look so,

r u sure it's not Nollywood Dollars the are after, tongue

when there is real crime, don't even think we get up to 2 policemen/law enforcement agents around the scene, the other day 4 of themn showed up in a house where the wife bought a man into her matrimonial home

what a joke they all are, sad
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by kufreabasi(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
That's number 1
number 2-  they should also write off Agbero and taut off the street of lagos. but not to harrasse innocence people in the street
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2011
Mama-Gee there's a law in California against tinted windows; they're illegal there.

On-topic: Bigger things to worry about than Jim Iyke's tinted windows. I don't even want to know the actual number of criminals roaming 9ja and innocent men and women locked in that hell they call prison.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by KokoBeware: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
Its a law that affects everybody, i was actually happy and impressed to see the taskforce stop a Minister and peel of his tint, so i wonder whats the biggie about Jim Iyke, he was not arrested, they just stopped him and removed his tint
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by amefi(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
ogugua88:

Mama-Gee there's a law in California against tinted windows; they're illegal there.

On-topic: Bigger things to worry about than Jim Iyke's tinted windows. I don't even want to know the actual number of criminals roaming 9ja and innocent men and women locked in that hell they call prison.

Ogugua88, hw u doin? I luv your pintchure. Who is dat guy wt u? He looks like one Ghanaian actor. I hail ooooooooo.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
Koolchico pls come back!!!

I'm really missing ur movies on Youtube!
cry cry cry
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
amefi:

Ogugua88, hw u doin? I luv your pintchure. Who is dat guy wt u? He looks like one Ghanaian actor. I hail ooooooooo.

I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How about yourself? Na one Ghanaian actor lol.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by koolchicco: 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2011
Goodyness:

All tinted permits stand revoked with the exception of factory fitted glasses. The trouble is that our jobless and overzealous police force wouldn't know the difference.
Exactly and this has been my worries, albeit mine is factory fitted but with naija policemen, hmm you never know; they may even assume the position of auto experts and claim that it was fixed in Ladipo.

cultey:

Koolchico pls come back!!!

I'm really missing your movies on Youtube!
cry  cry  cry

I'm doing summat about it and will let ya eventually. Thanks for you support. wink cool
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by obowunmi(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
Whats wrong with tinted glasses --- these people are morons. Bombers don't even need a car to blow somewhere up.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
koolchicco:

I'm doing summat about it and will let ya eventually. Thanks for you support. wink cool

K,  wink
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by ideylaff: 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2011
Hmmmmm I like @ mama-gee oooooo. damn she kewl and fine,   lipsrsealed wink
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by donobi(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
that jim iyke was stop n ask to remove his tinted now makes it a topic on nairaland, posters pls stop posting useless topic on this site again.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by kabukabu50(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2011
In the US,tint laws vary from state to state as far as I know no state oulaws tinted windows completely,just depends on how dark they actually are,ranging from limo tint which is 5% or below to about 50% which is very light.In GA the state regulation is 35%,and police can accurately check the percentage with a device which detects how dark the tint is when placed on the car windows,however,tint laws are highly subjective,most people have illegal tints and drive for years without being stopped,a police man will most likely only write you a ticket for tint violation if he has already stopped you for another driving infraction.
The other day I was in traffic and counted at least 10 cars around me,that I could tell visibly were less than the regulated 35% tint level.its not a big deal,My other car had 20% tints before I sold it,which was pretty dark.I never got stopped for it driving 2 years approximately.
If you drive a car with more than 2 doors you are allowed to tint the back windows and rear windshield,with no regulations,the driver and passenger sides must be visible,again which depends on officer discretion. grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by kasiem(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
Gej is at it again, cos jim played buhari in a new movie. Hmmm
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by gwas(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2011
Sorry sir but you are also affected. The press release says whether you have permit or not excluding factory fitted tinted glasses.
cars with factory fitted tinted glasses too are given two weeks to remove.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by calculusx(m): 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
Nigerian Police!!!! but the law says exception of Factory Tinted Glasses. If anyone argue this i have a copy of the publication. Nigerian Policemen doesn't know a customized ladipo tint from factory tint, i dey laugh ooooooooooooo
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2011
Where is the tinted glasses car?
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2011
well dats naija for u.
we all know most suvs imported into naija have tinted glass usually at the back seat n the rear.i.e d glass is darker.
I drive one .I tried n i dont think it can be stripped. What do i in such a case.i dont want dis police n their wahala.
Can somebody say how it can be removed.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by norrisman: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
Not being vain but why the hell is he driving a Crossfire? Thats a poor mans Bentley Continental. With all his badman roles in the movies, I expected better from him. See the guy 'bata' self! E be like the one wey Moses wear when him dey carry Israelites comot for Egypt  grin

Plus the guy carry passenger wey carry large suitcase for leg inside convertible, Na by force to drive convertble? Him for find one nice used in Nigeria 504 GR wey him go take do him airport and movie set waka.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by cosby(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/201102250241.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/201102250438.html

The Federal Government in withdrawing the privilege on Thursday also gave the affected persons a deadline of February 28 to remove the tints from their vehicles or face the embarrassment of having them removed by policemen now empowered to do so.

Minister of Police Affairs, Humphrey Abbah, who announced this at an emergency news briefing in Abuja, said current security situation in the country warranted the banning of tinted glass in vehicles.

The only exemptions to the rule, Abbah said, are the President, Vice President, Governors, Senate President, Deputy Senate President, Leader of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Deputy Speaker and Leader of the House.
Relevant Links

Vehicles bought with tinted glass, the minister, said are also exempted from the rule because the tints made on the glass are made by the manufacturers in such a way that the occupants of the vehicle can be seen from outside unlike the artificially tinted ones, that makes the vehicle dark as charcoal.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by mamagee3(f): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
ideylaff:

Hmmmmm I like @ mama-gee oooooo. dan she [b]kewl and fine, lipsrsealed wink[/b]
What does that mean?
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Joagbaje(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
calculusx:

Nigerian Police!!!! b[b]ut the law says[/b] exception of Factory Tinted Glasses. If anyone argue this i have a copy of the publication. Nigerian Policemen doesn't know a customized ladipo tint from factory tint, i dey laugh ooooooooooooo

pls what law states this? i read an article from punch saying thesame thing ,but how can one prove it to police.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by koolchicco: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

pls what law states this? i read an article from punch saying thesame thing ,but how can one prove it to police.
That's the probs. There has to be a way out though. undecided
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by deluxecad(m): 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
lol, Jim Iyke, i luv dat dude. i luv d way he kicks arses. hehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Djimon Hounsou And Kimora Lee-Simmons Split / Seun Kuti Recounts How His Family Suffered In The Hands Of Nigerian Soldiers / Banky W And Joke Silver With Aisha Buhari [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.