Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative (12814 Views)

NSCDC Officer Joins In Looting Of Palliatives / Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items / Burning, Looting Of Nigerian Shops In South Africa: FG Takes Definitive Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by amiibaby(f): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2020
The hoodlums asked the residents to pick whatever they could see in the warehouse and return home

Following the looting of the warehouse containing relief materials, the Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong, has declared a 24-hour curfew in the state.

Mr Lalong had earlier declared a 24-hour curfew in Jos South and Jos North Local Government Areas on Wednesday in response to the violence that broke out when hoodlums hijacked the #ENDSARS protests.

Lives and properties have been lost to these acts of violence, Mr Lalong said.

Meanwhile, on Friday, the curfew was relaxed from the hours of 6 am to 8 pm.

However, on Saturday, some hoodlums broke into the warehouses where palliatives delivered to the state by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development last week were kept.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/422834-plateau-govt-reinstates-24-hour-curfew-after-looting-of-covid-19-palliatives.html

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Baawaa(m): 5:55am On Oct 25, 2020
Following the looting of the warehouse containing relief materials, the Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong, has declared a 24-hour curfew in the state.
There is no cause for alarm,if you refuse to distribute the relief materials to the poor masses and they distributed them to themselves.I don't think that called for curfew,if mountain did not go to Muhammad, Muhammad will go to mountain.
Hunger is in the land,that is the fact.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:56am On Oct 25, 2020
Lalong, you're on LAlong thing...

10 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by MAGG0T(m): 5:57am On Oct 25, 2020
And u may wonder why people rejoices when one of these useless politicians die..this is as a result of it, why hoarding what belongs to the people that elected u into power..

If you think being happy when one of them dies makes me heartless, Ya I'm definitely heartless...I can't worship my oppressors

12 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by defcon4: 6:28am On Oct 25, 2020
People are hungry. Hoodlum my left foot.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by survivor10(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2020
Tribal bigots, where are you now? If na news from the East, they will be filled here in their numbers. E-rats

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by KVN1(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2020
The government is still in shock, hence the need for curfew to recover...

Nonsense... when the palliatives have finished, politicians homes should be next.

it's no longer going to be that easy come 2023

20 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by tillaman(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2020
Last week you say These palliatives no be last week then deliver am una just dey cook up dumb stories to make the people look bad, you guys were never going to distribute the food to the poor masses,
you guys get hardship allowance and all from our money we nor complain but the palliatives wey una suppose share give the people wey need that hardship allowance pass, una still Siddon on top am
Haba which level na

9 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by sylve11: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2020
To me, sharing the palliatives to the citizens by the "Robin Hoods" is not a bad thing at all and it doesn't call for the governor to impose curfew.

I am impressed, because, those who do not have, can have something at least to eat. cool

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Sunnycliff(m): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2020
Small thing, curfew! E pain them as them no go loot distribution cost again because there's nothing to distribute again

10 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by enemyofprogress: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2020
The thing pain the government. Very useless people.Our eyes don open una never see anything

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by OBIGS(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2020
My Fellow youths
We failed to focus on more standing issues in nigeria that the whole country can relate to. Which would have booster and out fear in the hearts of all politicians or people who benefit from the problems of nigeria. Police of sars is. It out only problem, we need to change the narrative and make issues that can bring lasting changes to nigeria at the front page. Issues like bad governance, accountability, bad roads, poor health care, electricity, electoral reforms, impunity, accountability, education, reduction of cost of governance.. Even if buhari wont resign let's put pressure on him to lay the foundation and start making this changes. We can't relent now. I discovered that most of the leaders of this ends sars protest all have either through family or personally benifited from government corruption or bad governance. That is why they refuse to table real and impactful demands to the government. You said endsars, govt ended sars and your still protesting without changing demands why. How those the 5for5 help and average nigeria. Look at the 5for5, which impact will it make to improve the lives of nigerians. Why won't an aboki attack you in the north. When he knows your protesting for issues that doesn't concern him. Look at the issue of palliatives is it not worth protesting for to know why this food why being hoarded. But nobody is saying anything. We want to allow such impunity continue. At least someone should have been sacked in Lagos for hoarding foods. All I can say is that with the momentum on ground now is. Not the time to relent or sit back at home we need to continue this protest and apply more pressure. And protest for issues that all nigerians
hausa igbo yoruba can connect to and hold the govtresponsible and demand change. Tomorrow Monday and or Tuesday lets all come out and protest and present reasonable demands to the govt that can bring in changes and improve the lives of nigerians. We can't give up now if we give up we've failed worst than our parents. I cant be a failure we move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by shatta419: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Nothing is more conductive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Crownbackhome: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Continuing Looting
Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by sexyboy193: 7:00am On Oct 25, 2020
The hunger in the land is huge. Our so called politician doesn't have pity for the poor whereas our vote determines their success. May God help us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by DirtyGold: 7:01am On Oct 25, 2020
Silly government.
Once the people give them a little pressure, they respond with maximum force

Nonsense and Lalong

What's tha business?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Pauldollars(m): 7:02am On Oct 25, 2020
amiibaby:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/422834-plateau-govt-reinstates-24-hour-curfew-after-looting-of-covid-19-palliatives.html

Nigerians, is is certain they just hoarded your Covid-19 palliatives to be used for 2023 General Elections repackaged with their pictures and party logos for campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by olarent: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Good citizen not hoodlum for them to open gate of Manhattan and called people to take what belongs to them show that they we be better in government affair by governing right compared to useless crop we have now.Ekiti state govt first said they had distributed everything so that people we not take what belong to them,but people refused when they found the warehouse later they change it to poiseneous food nobody care.People have been eaten its since yesterday nothing happen very greedy people.No politician stands as my kinmem again not in this struggle hey are bounded together by greed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by NoPlaceLike(f): 7:03am On Oct 25, 2020
shocked
Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by NoPlaceLike(f): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Pauldollars:

Nigerians, is is certain they just hoarded your Covid-19 palliatives to be used for 2023 General Elections repackaged with their pictures and party logos for campaign.

Very true

1 Like

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Oxtonguy: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2020
Hmm
Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Mindlog: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2020
Hoarding what should have been distributed promptly. The officials in Cross River state said they were waiting to have a press conference by a CACOVID team from Lagos before distributing what was in the warehouse!

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by NoPlaceLike(f): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2020
defcon4:
People are hungry. Hoodlum my left foot.

Mad o. O boy, serious hunger in the land and Liar Mohammed would still come out to say Nigerians are not hungry.

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by mike3rickz(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2020
loot you say?? the devil needs to pick a pen and jotter and learn wickedness from Nigerian politicians.

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Chukzy44(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2020
It just baffles me when the government or media tags the palliatives which was meant to be given to the masses as "looting".....
There is hunger and the people are impoverished, rather than doing your duty and living up to the promise and oath you made to the masses!! they make the people hungry and yet leave the blames to them by putting up a curfew when the relief items are taken away!!
Mtchew shitty Nigerian government..
By the way a happy sunday good people, hope we still find a reason to smile in these kwontry grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by meobizy(f): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2020
The problem with this state is the leader itself. I heard the peaceful protests devolved to violence because the government fanned ethnic and religious tensions. Now, how does the sharing of palliatives relate to a twenty four hour curfew? I guess the average Plateau indigene is illiterate because an educated populace will easily detect the fault in the way things are run.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Throwback: 7:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Delivered just last week, looted this week.

We need to start guarding our homes now.

When they are done looting from the government, the mob will turn on their fellow masses to loot some more.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by JoeEeL(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2020
If there was so much that was stashed away from the citizens, for a second, just imagine how much these polooticians have stashed away in numerous bank accounts.

Nigerian politicians are from hell.

If you are reading this and your parents or your close relative is a typical Nigerian politician, you and your family are an utter disgrace! See the condition your useless families have brought Nigeria to, right to its very knees. sad

As for those useless Helinuess, NGPatriott and OZONENGItheoryy and other unfortunate and cursed bots trying to defend genocide and instigate tribal and religious wars, I never knew you guys also work on Sundays too.

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative by Throwback: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2020
Baawaa:

There is no cause for alarm,if you refuse to distribute the relief materials to the poor masses and they distributed them to themselves.I don't think that called for curfew,if mountain did not go to Muhammad, Muhammad will go to mountain.
Hunger is in the land,that is the fact.

So now that those who are closest to the warehouses have looted what should be well rationed to many, who do the rest living far away from the warehouse go to meet for their own ration?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund / Buhari Under Pressure To End Fuel, Naira Disasters / Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.