Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's (422 Views)

Warehouse Looting: Hungry People Can't Remove Doors, Windows - Mariya Mahmoud / Uzoka-Anite Explains Why Government Prefers Imported Vehicles / Ede COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Looting: Putting The Records Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 6:46am On Oct 25, 2020
Following the looting from warehouses where Covid-19 Palliatives was stored, I strongly belive that the major problem in Nigeria is HUNGRY.

Therefore to reduce this hunger problem, Nigeria Goverment need to setup poorest " FAIR PRICE SHOPS" accross all states. This will help them buy staple foodstuffs at highly subsidised rates, and at the same time create jobs.

Since its hard to control the way demands reach to those entitled or ensuring only those entitled to the rations have access to them will be difficult, An electronic smart cards containing biometric chips should be indroduce to all poorest people.... by so doing, IT job creation will also increase for youths who studied on that.

If this goverment can consider this subsidy and not of that OIL subsidied for the richest Guys, then it will play a bigger role in the Nigerian communities.

What's is your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by WeNoGoDie(m): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2020
No need. The rich and powerful will still hijack it and enjoy with their families.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by Pauldollars(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Nigerians, they just hoarded your Covid-19 palliatives to be used for 2023 General Elections repackaged with their pictures and party logos for campaign
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
WeNoGoDie:
No need. The rich and powerful will still hijack it and enjoy with their families.

I belive if we do it properly, they will not hijack it.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by fineboynl(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
chiboy441:

Following the looting from warehouses where Covid-19 Palliatives was stored, I strongly belive that the major problem in Nigeria is HUNGRY.

Therefore to reduce this hunger problem, Nigeria Goverment need to setup poorest " FAIR PRICE SHOPS" accross all states. This will help them buy staple foodstuffs at highly subsidised rates, and at the same time create jobs.

Since its hard to control the way demands reach to those entitled or ensuring only those entitled to the rations have access to them will be difficult, An electronic smart cards containing biometric chips should be indroduce to all poorest people.... by so doing, IT job creation will also increase for youths who studied on that.

If this goverment can consider this subsidy and not of that OIL subsidied for the richest Guys, then it will play a bigger role in the Nigerian communities.

What's is your opinion?
rubbish. all he need to do is open the bolder. the bolder closure was not design to help the poor Masses but the few criminal elites. tell me how has the closure improve the economy and make 1$ equal to N1.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
fineboynl:
rubbish. all he need to do is open the bolder. the bolder closure was not design to help the poor Masses but the few criminal elites. tell me how has the closure improve the economy and make 1$ equal to N1.

Well i belive the border closure was for a purpose - arm control, custom/tax control, etc.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pauldollars:
Nigerians, they just hoarded your Covid-19 palliatives to be used for 2023 General Elections repackaged with their pictures and party logos for campaign

Probably yes. but it maybe incase the covid-19 went more bad. But lets Thank God all is getting calm in Nigeria base on the outbrak.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by WeNoGoDie(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
chiboy441:

I belive if we do it properly, they will not hijack it.

Properly like the covid palliatives meant for the poor that was stored away in warehouses by the rich for the rich.

What has ever been done properly since the inception of this nation.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by CodeTemplar: 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
chiboy441:

What's is your opinion?
Good textbook concept, but things don't just work over here. I suspect you have travelled out and seen how these things work. The people in charge will run it down. If they could trash the IDP camps, trust me, fair price supermarket will be a means of ripping the govt for administrators.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
WeNoGoDie:

Properly like the covid palliatives meant for the poor that was stored away in warehouses by the rich for the rich.

What has ever been done properly since the inception of this nation.

You maybe right, so far, i can't list out what has been done properly in Nigeria, but i am very happy and in support of youths recent protest and demands. Meaning youths are about to gain there stand in Nigeria, probably we could reduce those old men who use black powers to keep Nigeria behind. If all political thugs will help in achiving such. YOU can also join us to educate those thugs, whom probably think there are no more value in life.... the one time money paid to them by our leaders could help them pass few more days. NO, it's not like that. There life will be highly valuable if we gain better leadership

Reading about How Ghanaian Goverment deport Nigerians, is a very embarrassing and thing to think about. all those issues where because people runing out from there home country for safe life. No life value in Nigeria, which is one of the objective of the youth protest.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by WeNoGoDie(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
chiboy441:

You maybe right, so far, i can't list out what has been done properly in Nigeria, but i am very happy and in support of youths recent protest and demands. Meaning youths are about to gain there stand in Nigeria, probably we could reduce those old men who use black powers to keep Nigeria behind. If all political thugs will help in achiving such. YOU can also join us to educate those thugs, whom probably think there are no more value in life.... the one time money paid to them by our leaders could help them pass few more days. NO, it's not like that. There life will be highly valuable if we gain better leadership

Reading about How Ghanaian Goverment deport Nigerians, is a very embarrassing and thing to think about. all those issues where because people runing out from there home country for safe life. No life value in Nigeria, which is one of the objective of the youth protest.

You've said it all.
Re: Warehouse Looting -why Government Should Provide Fair Price Shops For Poor Nig's by chiboy441(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Good textbook concept, but things don't just work over here. I suspect you have travelled out and seen how these things work. The people in charge will run it down. If they could trash the IDP camps, trust me, fair price supermarket will be a means of ripping the govt for administrators.

yea, maybe... but we can give it a try. Thank God Nigerian youths has it now. If any thing, we will revoke it.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Prayers For Our Gallant Soldiers Operating In Oyigbo, Rivers State / Rebel Leader Calls For Military Help In Ivory Coast / Biafra: 3 Major Things Ipob's Nnamdi Kanu Said In World Exclusive Interview With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.