Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React (78571 Views)

Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland / Gbajabiamila, Fayose, Soyinka React To Lekki Shootings / 36 Dead Cows: Leave Yorubaland Now, Gani Adams Tells Herders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Priscy01(f): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2020
Adeyinka Grandson Issues Quit Notice To Igbos; Rita Daniels, Soyinka, FFK React

Leader of a so-called Young Yoruba for Freedom, Adeyinka Grandson, who currently resides abroad, in a viral video obtained by IGBERE TV urged all Igbo to leave Lagos in 48 hours or face dire consequences.

“We are giving you (Igbo) 48 hour ultimatum from Friday till Sunday October 25, to leave Yoruba land.

“From Monday, we will close all roads and stop all vehicles across Yoruba land, and all Igbo nationals would be dealt with accordingly,” Grandson alleged in the video.

Nollywood actress, Rita Daniels and Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka among others who are preaching national unity, and cautioning ethnic and religious jingoists against ruining the harmony that has existed — have reacted to the video.

Regina Daniels’ mum kicks against Adeyinka Grandson’s threat to Igbo in Yorubaland

Rita who is the mother of actress Regina Daniels reposted the video on Instagram on Saturday and wrote a lengthy message addressing what Adeyinka said.

She wrote: “PLS BE WISER WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT SHOULD MAKE US WISER. The president’s threat or speech broke us but thought us many hard lessons. Myself and so many others couldn’t sleep last night. We were broken.

“We protested for 12 days without vandalisation12 days of rejecting bribe,12 days of caring and looking out for each other.12 days of giving free medical care and legal services. There was a candlelight service held all over the nation for fallen heroes,Youths despite the hard economy spent their personal money cooking for each other.

“No one knew who was a Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, or Edo… We ate together and danced together. For 12 days we built the Nigeria of our dreams… And built their nightmare… And they got scared.

“They know if we’re united we would have one voice, If we have one voice, we have power.And if we have that power… WE WOULD DEMAND A BETTER NIGERIA.”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGuPTU1nbZv/?igshid=kwlr4ipz76u8

The mother of four also advised Nigerians to remember the good times they shared on the protest grounds irrespective of tribe and religion.

Adeyinka Grandson’s threat to Igbo is work of sick, cowardly minds – Wole Soyinka

Wole Soyinka in a release on Saturday in response to the viral video of Grandson’s threat described the threat by the UK-based Nigerian Adeyinka Grandson on Igbo indigenes to leave Yorubaland within 48 hours as the “work of sick, cowardly minds”.

“From Monday 26th of October, we will close the roads, stop all the vehicles across Yorubaland and every Igbo national will be dealt with accordingly. What happened at Ore in Ondo state in August 1967 are just highlights of what we are going to do from Monday, 26th October, 2020,” Grandson had said.

In his statement, Soyinka said: “Undoubtedly in order to promote the video clip of an ethnic revanchist calling on Igbo to leave Yoruba land, this same lunatic fringe has exhumed, and embarked on circulating an ancient fabrication – several years mouldering in the grave – once attributed to me and vigorously denounced.

“That statement impudently expounds, as my utterance, what the Hausa want, what the Yoruba want, and what the Igbo want.

“Such an attribution – let me once again reiterate – is the work of sick, cowardly minds that are ashamed, or lack the courage, as the saying goes, ‘to answer their fathers’ names.’ At least the current ethnic rabble-rouser has the courage of his convictions, not so the sick brigade of identity thieves.

“Normally, one should totally ignore the social dregs. However, in the present atmosphere where FAKE NEWS is so easily swallowed and acted upon without reflection, I feel once again obliged to denounce this recurrent obscenity.

“As for our brother and sister Igbo, I hope they have learnt to ignore the toxic bilge under which some Nigerian imbeciles seek to drown the nation.

“It is time also, I believe, to also enter the following admonition: one cannot continue to monitor and respond to the concoctions of these addicts of falsehood, and their assiduous promoters who have yet to learn to wipe the filth off their tablets.

“The patrons of social platforms should develop the art of discrimination. Some attributions are simply so gross that, to grant them even a moment’s latitude of probability diminishes the civic intelligence of the recipient.”

Leaders of some Yoruba and Igbo socio-cultural groups, including Afenifere, Yoruba Ronu Forum, and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, yesterday, also unanimously decried the attempt to use the viral video and the carnage that trailed the #EndSARS protests as a basis to truncate the good relationship between the two ethnic nationalities.

In August 2019, Grandson was arrested in London for allegedly “stirring racial discrimination” against the Igbo and Fulani ethnic groups and also “encouraging terrorism”.

https://igberetvnews.com/1369295/soyinka-speaks-video-asking-igbo-indigenes-leave-yorubaland/

Femi Fani-Kayode:
Anyone that tells the Igbo or members of any other tribe to leave Lagos or anywhere else in the SW & that threatens them with violence is talking rubbish & is on their own. I call on my Igbo brothers in Lagos & the SW to stand their ground, stand firm & stay where they are..1/2

..The sons of Oduduwa will stand by you. The SW is safe for all non-indegenees. We are a peaceful, loving, liberal, kind & accommodating people. We are not animals & thugs. We do not give our compatriots ultimatums, throw them out of our territory or threaten them with violence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1320061181776769025

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Obidon1(m): 8:07am On Oct 25, 2020
Ok ����
Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by kunlesufyan(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2020
Recent happenings proves that Nigeria's problem is her leaders. Yorubas fighting Igbos is a total waste of time.

491 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by OfficialAwol(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2020
Why is the idiot Somebody's grandson for fvck's sake?

Can't he answer his name?

And when he says "we", what is his network on ground?

We shouldn't be making charlatans famous.

379 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by madridguy(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Hiding in the UK issuing nonsense quit notice grin Come down here make DSS grab you.

Nonsense.

633 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by TecM0: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2020
cool

So an ordinary nonentity who is an illegal undocumented immigrant in UK can put panic in the hearts of Ibos

Can you guys now see the reasons why Nnamdi Kanu needs to be stopped also?!

Go and see what your youths write on Biafra page on Facebook, check Kanu's and Igbos post this past 5 years

158 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Rhapsodia: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2020
Okay cheesy

Who is this clown

Somebody help me out with his profile grin

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by rottennaija(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2020
kunlesufyan:
Recent happenings proves that Nigeria's problem is her leaders. Yorubas fighting Igbos is a total waste of time.

Did you not watch Nnamdi Kanu broadcast? He caused all these.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by sammyj: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2020
Let him and his children lead the action. You can't be issuing directives from overseas .

32 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2020
Idiot
He dey another person land they ask people living in his own land to leave.

274 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Born2Breed(f): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2020
grin

Rapist coward

39 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Kirchoffs: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Who knows this granson before grin grin grin.... A Mr Nobody , how can one idiot be in Faraway UK and be barking orders to me here .....

I trust my Yoruba niggas not to pay attention to the rantings of a Mad rabid dog

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Kirchoffs: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2020
NafeesaAA:
Is Adeyinka Grandson a Yoruba Muslim?

Any Iyammiri calling Yoruba Muslim is an idiot.
Another divide and rule agent

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Kirchoffs: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2020
sammyj:
Let and his lead 5he action. You can't be issuing directives from overseas .
I tire for the guy o grin grin.....Issuing orders from UK to me that am here in Nigeria....

His followers that's if he has any are fools

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by solarview(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Whoever know this guy should tell him to come to Nigeria here and tell us the ethnic groups he wants to stay in Yorubaland. Very Shameful

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by TimeManager(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Those hailing Nnamdi Kanu are now condemning Adeyinka Grandson. Let's stop the hypocrisy.

kiss the truth!

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Okoroawusa: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2020
I have learnt early in life to ignore a mad man.
If he misbehaves I know the road to Yaba.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by Gandollaar(f): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Okay cheesy

Who is this clown

Somebody help me out with his profile grin
He is not a clown. He is taking Oduduwa children to the promised Land.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Grandson Asks Igbos To Leave Yorubaland; Rita Daniels, Soyinka React by TecM0: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Your awawa and Nurtw and your Badoo children want to loot Igbo shops grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
We are waiting!!!!

Oh really !!! continue chestbeating... I thought your Ibo brothers already began wailing at bode Thomas Surulere, and some warehouse at amowo odofin axis.. even ware houses around computer village your Wailers are wailing...

Keep waiting and inciting violence on your people while you hide in your one room apartment behind keyboard

51 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / Bandits Attack Presidential Guards After Threat To Kidnap Buhari / Aisha Buhari Shakes A Man In Belgium & Gets Blasted On Facebook - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.