Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,874 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:40 AM

Why Are Some Christians Lazy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Christians Lazy (206 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Christians Lazy by DAVIDMOE(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2020
I have found out that some Christians are lazy in the name of:
1) waiting for God's time: does God have a particular time that someone will reach and become successful? I can't say this statement is right or wrong, but I think some people failed to understand that God cannot work without them making the first move. God works with what we have.

2) Alleging that God want them to be poor: God's plan is that we become successful.
I heard a guy saying one day that "he is unsuccessful because God called him" I was like seriously!. isn't that God that call you the same God that called Abraham (the richest man in his own time)?

3) you are not of the world: this statement has confused many believers to think that they don't have to enjoy their lives.. you see some Christians separating their selves totally from the environment, therefore missing opportunities.

4) vanity upon vanity mentality: remember that everything in this life is vanity; even our body.
we are to understand that the rich is even given the front seat In the church lol...

add your own points
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by BlueOrange: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2020
It's faulty revelation/perspective not just about being lazy or hard working
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by Tunex252(m): 9:17am On Oct 25, 2020
That vanity upon vanity stuff is what I hate to hear

Vanity upon vanity, yet you will see pastors using expensive cars, handsets and living luxury life
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2020
You forgot to add that some love to reap where they did not sow.Imagine someone giving testimony that he got a job he wasn't qualified for or another one that came across a huge amount of money and kept it for himself.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by hisgrace090: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2020
To the poster, do you know that there are people in life who does not want prosperity at all?

one man meat may be another man poison my friend.

Remember jose mujica the word poorest president who has all it takes to be rich but chose otherwise.

We will start seeing the other side of life the day we stop seeing financial prosperity as the most intresting thing.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by blazepascal(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2020
im a christian im also an opportunist i dey always sieze my moment opportunity no day pass me by e.g person go see money for airport return am na mumu act b dat bcus las las na chicken change dem go give you no one dey holy shaa but atleast dey use ur head
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by CAPSLOCKED: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2020
WITH ALL YOUR ASSERTIONS IF YOU'RE NOT AS BIG AS DANGOTE, YOU'RE LAZY AS WELL.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by DenreleDave(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by CosmicPhoenix: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2020
religion is the mother of laziness

Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by appishani1(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2020
I blame the pastors for that. all prophets are hard working and plenty of them are poor in the body, but they are still happy and have peace of mind.
but now a days pastors only teach about prosperity and money money money. may God Sha help us.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Most Nigerians are Lazy, after that Christians who should have the advantage of acquiring God's Salvation and Elevation through the Gift of the Bible, are no different from their fellow Nigerian brothers.

Therefore, they are all in the same place having the same Result!
Re: Why Are Some Christians Lazy by ABOVEDELAW: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2020
EVEN ST PAUL WAS A HANDYMAN BUT TODAY WE ARE STILL PRAYING FOR MANNA TO FALL FROM HEAVEN.

(1) (Reply)

Dream Meaning Of Trees / Everything You Need To Know About The Giant In The Bible / Can Anyone Help Interpret This Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.