Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (114036 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

Please use guns. People with military training are eager to test their might.
The military way bokoharam they kill like fish for pond. Ask any west African , Nigerian soldiers are the least respected.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Favemmzar200(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kyase:

Hahahaha that onion na 5 naira on be that for here.
But onion cost now sha.
Fulani no sell their cows again
That tomatoes na pure cheating haba, 1 is 70 naira here
Thank god we still buy ours here 50 though there is the ones dat dey sell 60
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by stayclearofme: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
I warned y'all about a prolonged Endsars causing inflation
So there was no inflation before Endsars protest? Receive sense.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by engrfcuksmtin(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Onion is costly because there was too much of rain in North this year. The price of meat and tomato paste rose after the increment of pms pump price to 161 naira per liter. Endsars did not cause inflation.

5 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
alexistaiwo:
I bought that gino pepper tomato sauce N150 today, I shock.

Price was N60 not too long ago cry

I bought four Peper and onion tomato paste for #70each last week monday only for me to return on thursday(same last week) and I was told one sachet is now 150. I was shocked mehn, had to buy only two because I couldn't trek back into my street to reimburse. All the provision sellers in my street didn't have it because according to them, it's too cost so they didn't buy it when they went to market.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Ikennamurphy: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
ecclize:

u probably not in Nigeria... things are already cost even before the #Endsar saga... at least i know of the tomato paste and onion... i bought both at a very high cost before the protest started
Yeah.. You're right.. People forgot that bandits in the north don't also allow farmers to farm.. Then problem is huge
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Luckydubby7(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.
Before protest how much is sachet tomato
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
ecclize:

u probably not in Nigeria... things are already cost even before the #Endsar saga... at least i know of the tomato paste and onion... i bought both at a very high cost before the protest started

shut it,I bought it like that before the protest
tomato sachet 100,na him make me support protest sef

it's now 120/150 if you say it's because of protest I might agree but,then what happens when the protest is off
make e com down nah,as him claim say nah protest cauz am
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by 2cribz: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
I went to food market with 7k yesterday,i went home back with 1500. Tins don cost abeg
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Lamasta(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Food items are most times expensive in Nigeria with or without protest
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by capitalzero: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
baralatie:

next time when people like nnamdi kanu,Aisha,Davido tell your children to go and protests .please allow them to go and when the president's heeds your demands for the protests and for the sake of security imposes a curfew.please leave your children after curfew.

at least the people who gingered youths are in their house in London,scotland and banana island enjoying air condition,flexing and still telling the remaining youths to destroy your house join

It is not today your paymasters are killing protesters and protests will still continue till world come to end. If there is no justice, there can never be peace. Nobody is save in the day of fury.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by johnnychuks(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
E be like say you no dey this country since abi? we need to end bad government.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Luckydubby7(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
How much was sachet tomato before protest??
Are u in Nigeria at all
Don't be deceive because of party line.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Enwhen(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Is not just the protest, the price has been increase before the protest , the sachet tomato was N70, which is due to border closure ... Let's see if it will go back to the initial N50 , when things return to normacy.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by jidestroud(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
May His mercies preserve us in this difficult times.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by johnnychuks(m): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
stayclearofme:

So there was no inflation before Endsars protest? Receive sense.
. don't mind that fool.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by AuroraB(f): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Inflation didn't start during prolonged Endsars protests shocked
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by newoffer: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Shortyy:
My sister bought 6 pieces of Fresh tomatoes for #500. My brother things have spoilt. Only God will help us in this country.
.... every of us need to have backyard farm. Hoping on one region is a pure mess. Tomatoes, green peas, pepper, spring onions etc. You get fresh stuff from your garden

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Odion2016(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Wahala for who no get palliatives oo
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Ifyz0001: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Oga things were already Expensive even before the protest started, don't start saying what is not.

Biodun556:

They will blame politicians when all roads were blocked, livestock and food stuffs were stolen or burnt with trailers.

A person should know that this protest and it aftermaths will hunt us for months.

Now oil tankers are afraid of loading for fear of attack.

Why are we like this?
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Omezif(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Really things are very cost in the market.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Born2Breed(f): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Soon there will be nothing for the poor man to eat, except the politicians.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by poiZon: 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.
They did not block roads leading to cross river, akwaibom too, so why is it also costly here?
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by chaloskyx: 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
DUDE PLEASE GO TO BACK TO SCHOOL INFLATION BEGAN WHEN THE WORLD ECONOMIES WERE SUTDOWN BY COVID AND IMF PRESSURE ON YOUR GOVT TO INCREASE FUEL AND ELECTRICITY TARRIFS....IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PROTESTS YOU COULD ALSO SAY WHEN NLC AND ASSU WERE ON STRIKE WE HAD INFLATION NOW ABI SINCE FROM YOUR COMMENTS PROTESTS RESULT TO INFLATION
SalamRushdie:
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Kay25(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
it is a lie sachet tomatoe had gone up before endsars..abegi
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by lilmax(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
baralatie:

next time when people like nnamdi kanu,Aisha,Davido tell your children to go and protests .please allow them to go and when the president's heeds your demands for the protests and for the sake of security imposes a curfew.please leave your children after curfew.

at least the people who gingered youths are in their house in London,scotland and banana island enjoying air condition,flexing and still telling the remaining youths to destroy your house join
so the rice that went up months ago, the fuel that went up weeks ago

Who caused those? Protesters?
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by juniorstar(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nigeria I hail thee. and you wonder why ppl loot thought am not in support. country hard except u dey pluck money for tree.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SmartPolician: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

I want to know how you you understand economics

Kindly explain the statement because a bag of rice sold for 15k in Abeokuta some days back.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
chaloskyx:
DUDE PLEASE GO TO BACK TO SCHOOL INFLATION BEGAN WHEN THE WORLD ECONOMIES WERE SUTDOWN BY COVID AND IMF PRESSURE ON YOUR GOVT TO INCREASE FUEL AND ELECTRICITY TARRIFS....IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PROTESTS YOU COULD ALSO SAY WHEN NLC AND ASSU WERE ON STRIKE WE HAD INFLATION NOW ABI SINCE FROM YOUR COMMENTS PROTESTS RESULT TO INFLATION

Take your small brain out of my mention
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Chrissblown: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
There was inflation even before the protest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.