Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers (51575 Views)

Re-how Soludo Abandoned Police Inspector Who Fell From His Convoy To Die Miserab / We Feel we are no longer needed in APC - Aggrieved Speakership Aspirants / Youths Come Out For Protest- We Must Take Back Our Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Zenithpeak(m): 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
miko1988:
One thing I want Nigerians to understand, if police stop taking bribe , bet me more than 50% of Nigerians will be in prison,,, similarly to lecturers , if lecturers stop receiving sorting I bet you, so many students will not graduate from University,,, we Nigerians r not sincere to ourselves,,, when ur broda or sister is involved in crime, you use all possible means to beg police with money to escape justice,,, what I know is dat , no Nigerian can boldly ask police to charge their loved ones to court known d fact that the person actually commit d said offence ,,, some police officers have died in the hands of criminals while trying to rescue others ,,,, even if we have some bad eggs in police, killing dem and children randomly in the name of protest is bad

I totally disagree with your points on this matter.
If you know that, a police officer will not receive bribe from you, you won't offer it in the first place else you will also be guilty of standing in the way justice. The punishment for such secondary offence will be far greater than the initial offence'

If you know that a lecturer won't take kickbacks, you won't offer it. You'll rather concentrate all your efforts to your academics and come out a seasoned and polished graduate. I can bet it with you, there will be no need for maximum prison facility because moral standard will be high in the society and our environment will be save of all these moral bankruptcy that has become a norm in almost every home.

The problem of every society start from buying your ways out of social justice but it doesn't stop at that. Nobody is doing himself and the society at large any good by talking bribes, it weakens the society and encourage pervertion of justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Incognito403: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
boxypane:

interesting! you quick to disclose the fact that you were insensitive and naive of the fact finding clips, news and unequalled evidence televised as authenticated by both BBC, CNN and Arise TV, .
Will I be correct if I put the notion to you that you are insensitive and oblivious to facts that four president is a leaving sponge and his current follows can't see further than what he presents.
1st advice, look, really take a thought, then leap or don't.
2nd advice, please read the address of Chimamanda Adichie to learn how your president should tackle issues of national unity and security,
I read her speech. She thinks we're writing romance novels here?! You people want to be crazy but patted on the back everytime you act stupid.

Buhari's speech is the right thing to tell an unruly and stupid child.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Lightened: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hahahaha
southniyikaye:
To be a policeman is not by force. If you can't discharge your duties to standard, biko resign. As bad as Nigeria is, I still know some who will willingly take the job of a policeman..

As for me, if I die and dem mistakenly throw police uniform for my grave, I go wake up, relocate go another grave.
I cannot reach great beyond make dem come dey ask me shey I be police for world ni cos I know say for hell fire, na fire wood dem go take some policemen do..
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Blackmiserable(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
superlightning:

Did we tell them not to stop the lawlessness? Your logic is silly.

They extort, harass, rape, obstruct justice, terrorize with their uniform and suddenly they want to present themselves as BEING PERSECUTED? Even you holding brief for them have a serious problem

How do you tell people to stop being lawless without some form of enforcements?

You listed a bunch of vice you think the police are guilty of and I still have to ask you, still from what you listed, does it make them brutal or corrupt?

Are we going to throw the baby with the bath water because the Nigerian police have grossly abused their office? Are we going to demand that a branch of government responsible for enforcing law and order be totally done with because the elements are not as effective as we envision? It seems all endsars agitators are mentally deranged
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Moganajoe: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
southniyikaye:
To be a policeman is not by force. If you can't discharge your duties to standard, biko resign. As bad as Nigeria is, I still know some who will willingly take the job of a policeman..

As for me, if I die and dem mistakenly throw police uniform for my grave, I go wake up, relocate go another grave.
I cannot reach great beyond make dem come dey ask me shey I be police for world ni cos I know say for hell fire, na fire wood dem go take some policemen do..

Kaiii, even little encouragement like this no dey for this people. You badt man. Lol
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by guru90: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
Trash talk... when SARS are killing our youths, why can't u call them in order.......

Useless talk... Go and die joor
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Incognito403:
Dear police, you have absolutely no blame in this mess.

It's the PEACEFUL PROTESTERS that defied government orders, empowered looters and even went online to spread propaganda. They're the ones responsibile for all this mess.

From runtown to DJ switch, they should all be charged to court for disturbing public peace and inciting anarchy.

I just discovered this rare video of the true story behind the Lekki shooting. It's 100% propaganda.

There were no gunshot injuries. In fact all the people who were carried had no blood stain on them. They probably fainted die to fatigue from over standing or over shouting.

Yet these wicked liars want to set the nation ablaze for their selfish gains. Only God can pay them for their sinister acts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hNzn_LyGbQ
It was intense to watch, that guy is a gallant Nigerian and I am proud of him.

I am holding my reserve on my opinion for now, let me see what nairaland and other social media would continue to say about the "Lekki Massacre". I know most of them won't even watch the video.

But this is going down in history as the trigger to what's happening.

How those the palliative looting come to play?
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Willie007: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
cosby02:
An average citizen rightly perceived a Police man as an enemy, if the citizens sees you as enemy, who then are you protecting?

NPF is more of a venture than a security outfit.

Useless set of police that only flex muscles on civilians. One time in 2017 those mofos frustrated my guy that was studying Engineering because he was carrying his laptop to the place he was doing his I.T... Whenever they do this their nonsense stop and search, they will hold him cos he doesn't have the receipt of the laptop with him...

Pls which kind of person will be walking around with laptop receipt. They even threatened to tag him a yahoo boy if he doesn't have his receipt on him the next time they meet. My guy just have to start following a longer route to go home after work cos the harassment was tooooo much.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Gilbus1(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
The NPF made itself the enemy of the people by their act of brutality, killings, extortion, oppression and many more wicked act. Stop the self pity and learn to carry out your constitutional duty.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Neddstark: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
If na so una hate police, then hire hoodlums to protect you.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by NSK4U(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Both the police and the policed are victims of inept system which produced the poor leadership in all Nigerian institutional sectors. ......too bad and I feel the pain in his voice.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by UCMax1: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Blackmiserable:

If there were no yahoo boys, SARS wouldn't be necessary. You don't hate yahoo boys
Just look at the nonsense you just typed! were sars created to go after yahoo boys? ask yourself that question....
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Blackmiserable(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
UCMax1:
Just look at the nonsense you just typed! were sars created to go after yahoo boys? ask yourself that question....

I don't really know what the full extent of the responsibility of this police unit. But pre ebdsars, and according to the directive of the IGP, yes they were authorized to search phones. And if they could search phones as a special arm of the police force involving robbery and all kinds of sophisticated robbery of which yahoo is Prime, then yes, the extent of their authority covers dealing with yahoo boys
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by boxypane(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
Incognito403:

I read her speech. She thinks we're writing romance novels here?! You people want to be crazy but patted on the back everytime you act stupid.

Buhari's speech is the right thing to tell an unruly and stupid child.
Baba, didn't u watch how thugs sponsored by govt officials, transported in govt registered vehicles disrupted the peaceful protests in Abuja and Lagos?
Sir no now, he should have addressed the nation with stiffness, support, and hope. That's why he is the President sir.
And please pardon my utterance on the getting paid statement.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by IMASTEX: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
cosby02:
An average citizen rightly perceived a Police man as an enemy, if the citizens sees you as enemy, who then are you protecting?

NPF is more of a venture than a security outfit.
The truth is, they've never really protected the citizens but their interest. A lot of them have done worse than an average harden criminal will do.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by PromiseIb: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/endsars-protest-we-feel-abandoned-police-officers/
I heard they are given 5k monthly to fuel their patrol vehicle
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by ibuildstuff(m): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
Incognito403:

It's the PEACEFUL PROTESTERS that defied government orders, empowered looters and even went online to spread propaganda. They're the ones responsibile for all this mess.

From runtown to DJ switch, they should all be charged to court for disturbing public peace and inciting anarchy.

I just discovered this rare video of the true story behind the Lekki shooting. It's 100% propaganda.

There were no gunshot injuries. In fact all the people who were carried had no blood stain on them. They probably fainted die to fatigue from over standing or over shouting.

Yet these wicked liars want to set the nation ablaze for their selfish gains. Only God can pay them for their sinister acts.

Did u watch the video u uploaded to the end, I can't understand how u uploaded the video and still say nothing happened. The ending of the video was dark, there were gunshots. So wtf are u actually saying.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by miko1988(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Zenithpeak:

I totally disagree with your points on this matter.
If you know that, a police officer will not receive bribe from you, you won't offer it in the first place else you will also be guilty of standing in the way justice. The punishment for such secondary offence will be far greater than the initial offence'

If you know that a lecturer won't take kickbacks, you won't offer it. You'll rather concentrate all your efforts to your academics and come out a seasoned and polished graduate. I can bet it with you, there will be no need for maximum prison facility because moral standard will be high in the society and our environment will be save of all these moral bankruptcy that has become a norm in almost every home.

The problem of every society start from buying your ways out of social justice but it doesn't stop at that. Nobody is doing himself and the society at large any good by talking bribes, it weakens the society and encourage pervertion of justice.

Oga I really admire your write up, I just want to ask you a simple question,,, let's assume you are in final year and U mistakenly failed one of ur final exam and d lecturer refuse to take bribe or again, ur loved one unknowingly
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Princedapace(m): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thereishel:

Immigration don't kill people indiscriminately police do and put innocent people in jail

They don't becus u have to comply. Yea, u have no option but to comply. Why? U need it.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Incognito403: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Did u watch the video u uploaded to the end, I can't understand how u uploaded the video and still say nothing happened. The ending of the video was dark, there were gunshots. So wtf are u actually saying.

Firstly, how does that account look like me?! Are you so lazy you can't look up usernames?

Secondly, there were gunshots. And every gunshot is direct at a human being?

Cook another lie abeg.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by ibuildstuff(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
CamusMidas:

It was intense to watch, that guy is a gallant Nigerian and I am proud of him.

I am holding my reserve on my opinion for now, let me see what nairaland and other social media would continue to say about the "Lekki Massacre". I know most of them won't even watch the video.

But this is going down in history as the trigger to what's happening.

How those the palliative looting come to play?
Did u watch the video to the end?
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by ibuildstuff(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Incognito403:

Firstly, how does that account look like me?! Are you so lazy you can't look up usernames?

Secondly, there were gunshots. And every gunshot is direct at a human being?

Cook another lie abeg.
And u did not watch the part were they carried a girl who has been shot?

I repeat did u really watch the video because if u did u wouldn't be asking stupid questions
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Did u watch the video to the end?
Watched first 10mins, scan through some part and watched the last 1 hour 20minute to the end.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by esperon25: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you for sharing this video.

Where is the propaganda here?

The video link you posted showed that:
1. Security operatives actually fired shots at the site of the protest.
2. Shooting started before it got very dark and continued for about an hour
3. Before the shooting, protesters were unarmed and not aggressive
4. When the shooting initially started, the protesters were terrified, anxious and attempted to scamper for safety
5. Pandemonium broke loose, well after the shooting, and was clearly triggered by the shooting (violence begets violence)
Even if there were no fatalities, which is unlikely, would you say it is acceptable/appropriate to open fire on unarmed citizens?
I think it is criminal and a violation of basic human rights, to open fire at the protesters.

Can you guarantee that the probability of fatality occurring from opening fire at such close range of such a crowd, will be zero?

Incognito403:

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by cmikel: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2020

POLICE IS THE MOST CORRUPT INSTITUTION

A POLICE OFFICER WILL TURN WHITE TO BLACK FACE TO FACE WITH THE WHITE IN SIGHT

JUST WITH THE HIGHEST CASH OFFER THEY WILL TURN WHITE TO BLACK.

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Sirdan247(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Other agencies will learn
Princedapace:

But why is it that police own is hated with passion?

Go to immigration and see corruption. I obtained international passport few days ago, I saw corruption, heavy ones. Go to FRSCN and see corruption. How about custom? Extreme corruption. The list goes on!

The only reason that of police is well pronounced is that they interact with more Nigerians daily than most of these agencies. Nigeria is inside corruption. Too much!

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by UCMax1: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Blackmiserable:

I don't really know what the full extent of the responsibility of this police unit. But pre ebdsars, and according to the directive of the IGP, yes they were authorized to search phones. And if they could search phones as a special arm of the police force involving robbery and all kinds of sophisticated robbery of which yahoo is Prime, then yes, the extent of their authority covers dealing with yahoo boys
So they were authorised to tagg any well dressed young man they see moving about as a yahoo boy and force him to part with some money before he will be allowed to go even they don't see any incriminating stuff on him? or were they authorised to move without uniform and unidentified car,and chase any car being driven by a young man? tell me more lies! who in his right senses would stop when being chased by some unidentified armed men....may you relatives experience sars killing if you support their ineptness
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by royal231(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Buhari reign for Naija touch every body... Dem no dey tell person as Buhari be.. Na your own body go tell you
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Princedapace(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sirdan247:
Other agencies will learn

Amen o becus those other agencies bill heavily and u must comply without complain grin
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Can’t the police protest? Let them protest and we will join them.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Sirdan247(m): 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Comments like this pis me off. I Don't pray you become a victim of police brutality not wrong accusation where you will have to spend years in prison for no just cause. Where your family member will die from stray bullet nor your child been killed by a trigger happy fellow. Where your uncle will be killed for refusing to give bribe on the highway. Where your wife will be molested. Reason before you comment. Even if you don't have sense, act like you do. Idiot
nyiamfrank:
it is only criminals that are no friends of the police
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Incognito403: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
esperon25:
Thank you for sharing this video.

Where is the propaganda here?

The video link you posted showed that:
1. Security operatives actually fired shots at the site of the protest.
2. Shooting started before it got very dark and continued for about an hour
3. Before the shooting, protesters were unarmed and not aggressive
4. When the shooting initially started, the protesters were terrified, anxious and attempted to scamper for safety
5. Pandemonium broke loose, well after the shooting, and was clearly triggered by the shooting (violence begets violence)
Even if there were no fatalities, which is unlikely, would you say it is acceptable/appropriate to open fire on unarmed citizens?
I think it is criminal and a violation of basic human rights, to open fire at the protesters.

Can you guarantee that the probability of fatality occurring from opening fire at such close range of such a crowd, will be zero?

@first emboldened, thanks for mentioning that you saw no casualties

@second emboldened, yes I can. They are trained shooters. If they want to kill they know how to aim. If they want to scare they know how to aim.

Stop the baseless assumptions and accept that you were used by feminist daughters of Jezebel!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PIC;After Helping APC To Victory,See How They Wanna Pay Back. / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting / Chinedu Ikedieze ‘Aki’ Campaigns For APC In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.