Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? (800 Views)

Jesus Is The Lamb Of God - Jesu Ni Odo- Agutan Olorun. / Marriage Supper Of The Lamb / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Preciousgirl(f): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Revelation 17:14

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

Halleluyah, Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by haddeylium(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Preciousgirl:

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

Attach the verse that calls him Almighty pls
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
haddeylium:

Attach the verse that calls him Almighty pls

==============

"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1:7-8

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by haddeylium(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=xproducer post=95332871]

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.[/b]”[/color] - Revelation 1:7-8
/quote]

Rev 1:1 shows the revelation was given to Jesus by his Father 'Jehovah'
The titles in (Revelation 1:7-cool clearly point to Jehovah the father..application of this title Jehovah God is made obvious at Revelation 19:6 by the use of the expression Hallelujah (Praise Jah, you people!).

Compare with other translations
[/b]Aramaic Bible in Plain English
(Rev 1:coolI am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty[/b]

Did John differentiate between Jehovah and the lamb? ...Yes!
(As to who is the Almighty)

New King James Version
(Rev 21:22)But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by ChristisGod: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
xproducer:

==============

"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1:7-8

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

You are blessed
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 1:22am On Oct 26, 2020
ChristisGod:

You are blessed
=====

I praise GOD, truly.

Blessings.
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 1:27am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=haddeylium post=95334823][/quote]
------------

In Rev 21:22 - "But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple".... "And" is an inclusive term, "or" would differentiate!

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

"I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”"I and My Father are one.” - John 10:30
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by illicit(m): 2:02am On Oct 26, 2020
U neva see lamb b4
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by DappaD: 2:03am On Oct 26, 2020

xproducer:
=============

Revelation chapter 1 KJV

Verse 4
“John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;”
Verse 5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,”

I hope you can see the conjunction “AND” that's connecting “Him which is, which was and which is to come” with “Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness”? Doesn't that go to show that they're two different personalities?

When you notice the contrast, you can then understand that Revelation 1:7 is referring to Jesus and verse 8 refers to Jesus' Father, the Almighty God. Be sure to take your time.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a Gg od.

I fixed it for you there. Jesus Christ is rightly a “god” in the sense that he's of divine nature. Besides, humans are called Gods so there's no big deal about it though.(Exodus 7:1, Psalm 82:6, John 10:34-35)
Fact is, Jesus isn't the Almighty God.(John 17:3)

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made...
Okay, so how can he be in the beginning with God and still be God? Can I direct your attention to Proverbs 8:22-31, Colossians 1:15-17,Revelation 3:14 that proves Jesus was created by God in the beginning and it was through Jesus that all other things were made, spiritual or physical.

Also, do well to read 1Corinthians 8:6 and observe the scripture highlights God and Jesus as two separate personalities.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Sure, the Word, being Jesus became flesh when his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of Mary and so he(Jesus) came to be in the likeness of men, i.e. he became fully human.(Philippians 2:7)

Whereas the scripture has maintained that NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME.(Exodus 33:20,23; John 1:18, 6:46)
But people saw Jesus, didn't they? So how can Jesus now be God again? Dear Mr/Mrs xproducer, I implore you to use your power of reason and observe the facts carefully.
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by haddeylium(m): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=xproducer post=95341655]

In Rev 21:22 - "But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple".... "And" is an inclusive term, "or" would differentiate!
Nahhh
The 'or' would have been suggesting an inclusive term.
'And the' as conjunction there clearly differentiate the two.
They are distinct, Jesus is the lamb of God (John 1:29). Only Jehovah is referred to as the Almighty .
(compare with 1Co 8:6)

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7
You might be wondering why this fraud doesn't appear in many Translations. Broaden your knowledge and research Johannine Comma

I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”"I and My Father are one.” - John 10:30
Okkayyy
of the key to understanding Bible is making sure that all part agree with another

John 17:21, 22
that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I am in you; that they too may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.22And I have given to them the glory that you have given to me, that they may be one as we are one:

Do the disciples also become part of the Trinity?
In what way 'are they one' just as Jesus and his father?
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
I cannot open your eyes to spiritual truths, only GOD can.

JEHOVAH is the only Savior - "I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior." - Isaiah 43:11 (and Isaiah 45:21)
JESUS CHRIST is the only Savior - "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

JESUS = JEHOVAH = GOD! GOD is the only Savior and Judge of mankind, and all.

"He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given" - Matthew 13:11

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by DappaD: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2020

xproducer:

JEHOVAH is the only Savior - "I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior." - Isaiah 43:11 (and Isaiah 45:21)
JESUS CHRIST is the only Savior - "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

Read Matthew 28:18 and tell me—who bestowed authority on Jesus? Was it Jehovah or someone else? Did Jesus give himself the authority?
Philippians 2:9-11, did God exalt himself or someone else above every other name? Hasn't God always been greater than every creature in heaven or earth? If you read the book of John in its entirety, you'll find out that Jesus usually said the things he taught and spoke never originated with him, rather that they originated with someone above him, His Father and God.(John 7:16, 12:49-50, 20:17)

Says you? Why did Jesus say at John 5:22 that Jehovah judges no one at all but has delegated that responsibility to the Son, Jesus himself? See also Acts 17:31, 1Timothy 4:1.

"He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given" - Matthew 13:11
"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

Please, let's not derail. Leave mysteries and natural man alone first—let's tackle the issue on ground. I appreciate you using the name Jehovah now—at least we can tell the difference between He and his son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by haddeylium(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=xproducer post=95364733]I cannot open your eyes to spiritual truths, only GOD can.

You're right!
Only Jehovah is the principal savior (Isaiah 43:11)
When Jehovah uses an individual to deliver men, the Bible called them savior
Judges 3:​9, 15; 2 Kings 13:5)- All those individuals are saviour but that doesn't equate them to the Almighty God 'Jehovah' the principal saviour.
Through Jesus' ransom sacrifice, he's acting as savior to deliver men from death. So, Jehovah exalted him as 'Savior'
(Acts 5:​31)
Meditate slowly on this
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 5:49am On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=haddeylium post=95366680][/quote]

====

All of God's prophets whom He sent to deliver Israel throughout it's history (Moses, Joshua, Samson, David, etc, etc)... are all types /symbols of the Lord JESUS CHRIST, the only Holy One Who can save the soul!
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by haddeylium(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2020
xproducer:

====

All of God's prophets whom He sent to deliver Israel throughout it's history (Moses, Joshua, Samson, David, etc, etc)... are all types /symbols of the Lord JESUS CHRIST, the only Holy One Who can save the soul!

Same with my quote
Jehovah exalted him (Jesus) as a savior to deliver mankind excercising faith in him from eternal death.
So, ....How does that makes him almighty?
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by xproducer: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
haddeylium:

Same with my quote
Jehovah exalted him (Jesus) as a savior to deliver mankind excercising faith in him from eternal death.
So, ....How does that makes him almighty?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

... because He, The Lord JESUS - King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, said so:

"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelations 1:7-8
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Janosky: 12:08am On Dec 25, 2020
xproducer:

John 3:16,36. 1 John 4:9,14-15 . Mr LIENUS
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Blabbermouth: 12:12am On Dec 25, 2020
Preciousgirl:

You pasted a scripture in your first paragraph and you wrote your opinion in the next paragraph.

Where do you see Almighty in he scripture you posted.
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Blabbermouth: 12:13am On Dec 25, 2020
Janosky:

John 3:16,36. 1 John 4:9,14-15 . Mr LIENUS
Janosky, you dey avoid me? grin
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Janosky: 12:18am On Dec 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Janosky, you dey avoid me? grin

Bros, good pm. Longest time no hear from you.
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Blabbermouth: 12:26am On Dec 25, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, good pm. Longest time no hear from you.
We still dey o. I got tired of seeing threads trying so hard to shove Trinity down my throat. Got tired of e-pastors hell-bent on making everyone believe Jesus is black. In summary, I couldn't find much edifying threads in the section like before.

I got 2 questions for you;

1. "And God created man in his image ". What does that mean?

2. Why don't JW celebrate Christmas?
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:10am On Dec 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:

We still dey o. I got tired of seeing threads trying so hard to shove Trinity down my throat. Got tired of e-pastors hell-bent on making everyone believe Jesus is black. In summary, I couldn't find much edifying threads in the section like before.

I got 2 questions for you;

1. "And God created man in his image ". What does that mean?

2. Why don't JW celebrate Christmas?

God created man to reflect God's perfection and his sterling attributes in the physical realm.

Genesis 40:20 Pharaoh celebrated his birthday.
Matthew 14:6 Herod celebrated his birthday.
These individuals are not worshippers of the true God, Jehovah.
Satanists attach great importance to annual birthday celebrations ,it is their highly revered practice.
Galatians 4:8-11 is instructive.. "those who have come to know God or be known by God" do not participate in pagan celebrations.

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2020
Preciousgirl:
'These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them,
for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.

"29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

30This is He of whom I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me.’
31I myself did not know Him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel.”
(i.e. I did not recognize him as the Messiah, but I have been baptizing with water so that he might be revealed to Israel)
32Then John testified, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove and resting on Him.
33I myself did not know Him, but the One who sent me to baptize with water told me,
‘The man on whom you see the Spirit descend and rest is He who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
(i.e. I didn’t know He was the One, but when God sent me to baptize with water, He told me,
‘The One on whom you see the Spirit descend and rest is the One who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
34I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
35The next day John was there again with two of his disciples.
36When he saw Jesus walking by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!

- John 1:29-36

Blabbermouth:
[s]You pasted a scripture in your first paragraph and you wrote your opinion in the next paragraph.
Where do you see Almighty in he scripture you posted.[/s]

"All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign.
Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’).
"
- Isaiah 7:14

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6

"18This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit.
19Joseph, to whom she was engaged, was a righteous man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagementh quietly.
20As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream.
“Joseph, son of David,” the angel said,
“do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
21And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
22All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet:
23“Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”

24When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife.
25But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born.
And Joseph named him Jesus.
"
- Matthew 1:18-25

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43am On Dec 25, 2020
All these debates!

Abeg the OP asked a simple question and let each person go straight to the answer.

Who is the Lamb in the Bible?

@ Genesis 4:4; Exodus 12:4; Leviticus 14:10; Numbers 18:17
Lamb is mentioned repeatedly so pick your choice, but if you ask me i think Lamb in those verses is young Raago that we usually kill during Salah back then when i was still a practicing Muslim! undecided
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Blabbermouth: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign.
Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’).
"
- Isaiah 7:14

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6

"18This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit.
19Joseph, to whom she was engaged, was a righteous man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagementh quietly.
20As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream.
“Joseph, son of David,” the angel said,
“do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
21And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
22All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet:
23“Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”

24When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife.
25But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born.
And Joseph named him Jesus.
"
- Matthew 1:18-25
Jesus is mighty, we know.

With all your scriptures above, where is Almighty there?
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 7:12am On Dec 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:
[s]Jesus is mighty, we know.
With all your scriptures above, where is Almighty there?[/s]
[img]https://4.bp..com/-FBRXLdVOmBg/WimwQMSyhCI/AAAAAAAAB6w/8ZY1FE1BTa0iXpXyuFLWfSlRZOLWR0mrQCLcBGAs/s1600/gV6eEGq.gif[/img]

"17When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, but some doubted.
18Then Jesus came to them (i.e. His disciples) and said,
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
"
- Matthew 28:17-18

Why not use deductive reasoning, right to the wire, erhn?
Does He have enormous power or not?
Does He have all power or not?
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by Blabbermouth: 7:48am On Dec 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://4.bp..com/-FBRXLdVOmBg/WimwQMSyhCI/AAAAAAAAB6w/8ZY1FE1BTa0iXpXyuFLWfSlRZOLWR0mrQCLcBGAs/s1600/gV6eEGq.gif[/img]

"17When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, but some doubted.
18Then Jesus came to them (i.e. His disciples) and said,
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
"
- Matthew 28:17-18

Why not use deductive reasoning, right to the wire, erhn?
Does He have enormous power or not?
Does He have all power or not?
Why is it so hard for you? Ordinary "Almighty", you are spinning different webs from different angle.
Jesus' ALL authority and power does not include authority and power over YHWH.
YHWH's ALL authority and power covers everything, yea, even Jesus!

Don't argue with me, argue with Paul. It was written GA-DA-GBA in his epistle.

How is Christmas in your area?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:
Why is it so hard for you? Ordinary "Almighty", you are spinning different webs from different angle.
You find hard giving the Almighty credit to Him. Why can't you?
Who do you think Jesus is then, lmso? Smh sigh.

Blabbermouth:
Apostle Paul's epistle are mostly misunderstood and so wrongly interpreted, so why not show the ".. Paul. It was written GA-DA-GBA in his epistle" hand so we can both 2 Timothy 2:15 peer review together, lmso.

Blabbermouth:
Roads are deserted, being like that since Christmas Eve, when I noticed the road was virtually empty on my way home circa 7-8 pm yesterday. Using the period to catch up on a shedload of varied things.
Re: Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2020
Satan has successfully packed lots of garbages in their skills, the secret is when they have lots of fallacies about a particular thing.
Each person will start spewing and exaggerating whatever nonsense and ingredient Satan is doing inside his brains with the subject of discussion but such knowledge will become useless to the one bearing it.
WHY?
Because it's not true knowledge from God which must bring benefits to the one bearing it and his fellow adherents!

I remember what Satan did to the Jews, once they refuse to accept the wisdom from God that Jesus brought to them, they continued arguing and ostracizing one another until the Roman government got fed up with their trouble and destroyed their city (Jerusalem) with the Temple!

Islam is another example. Muhammad fabricated so much fallacies and hand it over to them after stylishly making himself their King, immediately after his death the adherents couldn't recognize any form of principles guiding the religion and it turned into a bloody internal war. The killing continued until each Sheikh decided to stay on his own, that's why Muslims can't come up with any worthwhile moral rule or standard till today!

Constantine (Roman Emperor) formed a committee to unite people in his kingdom because after the Apostates emerged and wiped out all the pioneers of true Christianity they won the heart of many Romans, these led to a big dispute between the priests in the Roman Temples and those who embraced false Christianity. Constantine felt threatened so in order to make peace reign in his kingdom he arranged for a committee that will see to the matter. The committee with Constantine himself as chairman came up with the Roman Catholic Church, they diplomatically set up a religion that's neither offensive to the priests in Jupiter's temple nor the Apostates. That's the birth of TRINITY!
So there's no way anyone could come up with a perfect form of worship as long as TRINITY is the foundation each adherent will have to develop his own definition and opinion! smiley

Blabbermouth:

(1) (Reply)

Longetivity - A Thread Opened For Adventists To Share Their Nutritional Recipes. / The Righteousness Of A Man Who Has Fallen Shall Not Be Remembered. / Do Not Read The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.