Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? (590 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Abbeylanre15(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good Evening and Happy Sunday to Everyone.

I've been having difficulty in clearing my mind based on what happened last month. I got a call from my Dad some days to the end of the month that he's in need of some money. Coincidentally, it's the same amount as my tithe. I've always tried to pay my tithe on monthly basis even tho I'm always left with 2k after my monthly contribution, paying back of loan I obtained in office, and my tithe. Thanks to the tips I get from work upon I'm sustaining on.

So I gave my tithe to my Dad last month when I can't money from another source and the old man needs it badly. The question is HAVE I DONE SOMETHING BAD?
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by mdbabah2020: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
yes absolutely bad mumu, take it back and give it to your pastor in da lord. awon slowpoke brainwashed sheepy
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Davash222(m): 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
After paying your tithe every month, you’re left with just 2K?

Means you’re indirectly working for your pastor. That’s slavery! You need new sense!
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by dankol: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
No pls
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Luckydubby7(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
U are lying
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Lastoffourtnyt: 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
I don't pay tithe so I don't know because logically with my human brain, I can't process the things of the spirit......
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Uyi168: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
U did wrong.
Ur tithe belongs to God.
U pay into your God's account through Ur papa in the lord.
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by WoundedLamb: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
Yes, you should have allowed him die of whatever it was so that you'd go to heaven nah!
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by chatinent: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
If you give those in need this often, you are doing better than those enriching pastorpreneurs.
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Waziced: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lol!!! Why feel guilty? You've done nothing wrong bro. Your dad would bless you more.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by jenny005: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
mdbabah2020:
yes absolutely bad mumu, take it back and give it to your pastor in da lord. awon slowpoke brainwashed sheepy
Dat means on ur own path u are selfish. U cant even give to the poor talkless about the needy that are living around u. Ur selfishness has eaten u dat u cant remember the man who brought u into dis world. So now u are saying dat d guy shud nt give his dad money because it is his tithe. I really pity u; u have no heart at all. D guy gave his dad out of d love he had for his dad n u said dat he shud give it to his pastor when his dad is urgently in need of money. Did u even think before u wrote this. Pls dnt take offence in what im saying and i am sori if wat im writing has offended u in anyway.
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by godofuck231: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
it's written in the bible, if your home affairs are not in order, do not pay tithes or offerings to God or the church, the Christian doctrine forbids it, this law wasn't thought to you because you were being milked dry by someone who has brainwashed you for his own interests, paying your tithes to your father or mother (especially mothers) is a super highway to properties, it's like 20G compared to 2G
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by godofuck231: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Uyi168:
U did wrong. Ur tithe belongs to God. U pay into your God's account through Ur papa in the lord.
Tithing As Taught Today Is A Corrupted Teaching And Not The Same As Biblical Tithing. God gave the tithes to the Levites as an inheritance in return for their service and to compensate them for having no personal inheritance of land. The Levites gave tithes to the Priests from the tithes they received. Christianity has no agrarian system, no Levites and every Christian is now a priest, the temple and co-workers with Christ. [ 1 Peter 2:5 and 1 Peter 2:9 , Rev. 1:6 , Rev. 5:10 and Rev. 20:6 ] Every Jew was required by the Levitical law to pay three tithes of his property: one tithe for the Levites; one for the use of the temple and the great feasts; and one for the poor of the land [ Numbers 18 , Deuteronomy 14 ]
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by CodeTemplar: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
You are wrong to blackmail God with 10%. You had 9 other 10% but choose to use that meant for God.
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by godofuck231: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

I've been having difficulty in clearing my mind based on what happened last month. I got a call from my Dad some days to the end of the month that he's in need of some money. Coincidentally, it's the same amount as my tithe. I've always tried to pay my tithe on monthly basis even tho I'm always left with 2k after my monthly contribution, paying back of loan I obtained in office, and my tithe. Thanks to the tips I get from work upon I'm sustaining on.

So I gave my tithe to my Dad last month when I can't money from another source and the old man needs it badly. The question is HAVE I DONE SOMETHING BAD?

Mandated tithing teaches ALL these people are to give 10% or be
"cursed." This is nonsense. The living expenses must be responsibly
handled pursuant to Scripture and the money that one spends on the
sick or needy is certainly part of "the work of Christ." Anyone who
says otherwise is legalistic, inconsiderate, immature, or greedy.
When you meet the needs of others you are doing it unto Christ.
[ Matthew 25:31-46 ] Blind, inconsiderate RULES OF LAW regarding
amounts is NOT what New Testament Giving is all about! When Paul
spoke of giving he was always clear it wasn't a commandment or
law. [ 2 Corinthians 8:8 ] Christ and Paul made clear the sacrifice was
more important than the amounts. [ Mark 12:42-44 2 Corinthians
8:1-5 2 Corinthians 8:12 ] Christ taught freedom from obligatory
giving. [ Matthew 17:24-27 ]

Tithing was a part of the Law of Moses under the legal
economy of Israel. It does not apply to the Church
today, since we are under grace and not the law
( Romans 6:14; 10:4 ). Therefore, we are obligated to
give first our bodies and souls as living sacrifices in
reasonable service to God ( Romans 12:1-2 ). The New Testament
teaches proportional giving according to what we have, not what we
don't have ( 2 Cor. 8:12 ). If we can only give 5% as the Lord leads,
so be it. It is not how much you give that matters to God, but the
attitude and motive which you are giving from. This is the concern
of the New Testament with regard to giving, rather than measuring
the amount that is given (see 2 Cor. 8-9 ).
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Luckydubby7:
U are lying

Says luckdubby7 ..... I've got nothing to proof to you tho
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Davash222:
After paying your tithe every month, you’re left with just 2K?

Means you’re indirectly working for your pastor. That’s slavery! You need new sense!

I hope you understand d write up. I've used the lion share of my salary for monthly contribution and loan repayment... Now what I have left will be 2k after tithe
Re: I Gave My Tithe To My Father Who's In Need. Have I Done Something Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

OP where in the gospels did Jesus Christ, or even His apostles, tell you that you must pay tithe? Where are you told to give to pastors?
Second, Jesus Christ said, "whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me". Now, we have to figure out who Jesus Christ meant are "the least of these" ... the ones that Jesus Christ said you should do for. According to Matthew 25 vs 31 to 40, Jesus Christ declares that those who do not have...i.e. the hungry, the naked, the sick, the homeless, the thirsty, the prisoners.... are the least of these.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah Vs Buhari: Catholic Church Finally Reacts / Popular Churches Founded By Pastors From Idoma Land / Exorcist In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.