Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest (37053 Views)

Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / 'Buhari Must Go' Protest In Benin Holds On June 12 (Pictures) / Tunde Bakare: Police Nearly Shot Me Dead During Ali Must Go Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by tommy589(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=jerseyboy post=95343248]Femi, this one na lie sha. First you were too young to be in University. Second, you never went to any university.[/quote

I witnessed secondary school students joining the protest in 1978

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by ahmedajadi(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2020
CodeTemplar:
When Fela's mum was dropped to her death, it was unknown soldiers, now it is nonexistent soldier killing missing persons. military men are always the same whether in khaki or agbada.
I will never forget how Fela cried when he sang about the death of his mother in kalakuta show... I was touched with his cries when he said "dem kill my mama".

Fast forward to 2020, we are still where we are if not worse than that and we are protesting about it but some elements are saying rubbish. May the god of thunder fire you if you are in support of this yeye government either APC or PDP.

And to Fashola and all of you who followed them to lekki seeing that planted camera including Seyi Makinde of PDP and cannot raise your voice. May Ogun kill all of you and your family ASAP. I have noticed that God or Allah is merciful; That's why I am using the idols and I encourage everyone to be using these idols to swear for all the bad politicians in Nigeria because Nigeria must get rid of them ASAP.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by olajizz01(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2020
OfficialAwol:

So you would rather waste your vote?
Because you are all the same corrupt opportunist who only have sense when booted out from office.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by OfficialAwol(m): 8:34am On Oct 26, 2020
olajizz01:
Because you are all the same corrupt opportunist who only have sense when booted out from office.

I'm not a politician yet.

I just want a good country.
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=tommy589 post=95347195][/quote]

Secondary school students from Akoka. Not Femi. This is the Nigerian equivalent of Americas public figures saying "I Matched with Martin Luther King".

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=tommy589 post=95347195][/quote]

Secondary school students from Akoka. Not Femi. This is the Nigerian equivalent of many Americas public figures saying "I Matched with Martin Luther King".
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by osuulola(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2020
jerseyboy:
Femi, this one na lie sha. First you were too young to be in University. Second, you never went to any university.

Google says he attended OAU.

For those asking, Ahmadu Ali was education minister then.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by WaleRock: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2020
Now that the protests have been quelled brutally, Otedola speaks.

When will his colleagues join him now that the coast is clear and there's nothing to fear?

MEDICINE AFTER DEATH.

At leasr, let the federal government know that you're personally against police brutality if you genuinely are...

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by ignis: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2020
The fear of protesters is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2020
"Ali must go" lolz So Mr Otedola who's the latest Ali in town? grin because I don't know how this relates with the protest or do I know? grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2020
osuulola:

Google says he attended OAU.

For those asking, Ahmadu Ali was education minister then.
Checked Wikipedia. No university listed. In any case he was one of those guys so clever that they didn't need a University. He was always ahead of his peers in natural intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by KunleyY19(m): 8:59am On Oct 26, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Incoming governor of Lagos state only if he decides to contest.It will be a done deal after the north finish off Tinubu patapata by then...

He his a childhood friend of Jide Sanwo-Olu. Moreso Businessmen are friends to any government in power for reasons you and I know of.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by ComradeShegs(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2020
I also joined in the protest against the annulment of the June 12 election. undecided
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Kingzeez10: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Incoming governor of Lagos state only if he decides to contest.It will be a done deal after the north finish off Tinubu patapata by then...
You people just like talking from both mouth, person wey fulani dey deal with go still get power to deploy army to massacre the toll gate protesters?
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by MrRegret: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=Despirado121 post=95343090]Billionaire businessman Femi Otedola says he understands the call for better governance by the youth, adding that he joined the Ali must go protest of 1978 at age 16, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Otedola stated this in a social media post on Sunday with the Nigerian flags for emphasis.

Otedola said he shared the sentiment of his daughters – Tolani, Florence (aka DJ Cuppy) and Temi – who joined the #EndSARS protest in London and Lagos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGxJbFwHgDA/?igshid=1ur4jwj05y4vz

Igbere TV reports that Tolani and Temi were part of the #EndSARS protest against police brutality in London. Cuppy, on the other hand, joined the protest in Lagos upon her return from Dubai.

Meanwhile, state governments have urged the youths to stop the protest and come to the negotiation table.[/. We know who the enemies are now.
#KILL*THE*LEADERS ]
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by MrRegret: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
We know who the enemies are now.
#KILL THE LEADERS
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by JokeAdeleke: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer on board the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent remuneration at the end of your tenure that could be channeled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you on-board to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message
To the Whatsapp contact on the signature

Thank you
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by DeRay98(m): 9:18am On Oct 26, 2020
jerseyboy:
Femi, this one na lie sha. First you were too young to be in University. Second, you never went to any university.

Did he say he was in any university by the time? Was it only university students that participated?
You're accusing someone of what you have facts on...
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by olajizz01(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2020
OfficialAwol:

I'm not a politician yet.

I just want a good country.
Good country from PDP, hahahaha.................

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by stagger: 9:40am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:
We all felt the same way ...I joined Babagida must go 1989 and Abiola mandate must restore, civil society of Nigeria..I struggled with NADCO to regained power from the devil back to devourers..Here we are again my children had started the same way..

At last. Someone remembers the SAP riots of 1989 and the protests of 1994 for MKO's mandate where Abacha ordered soldiers to Lagos streets with tanks to kill more than 4000 people.

No be today Nigerian army begin slaughter civilians. Even then Brigadier Paul Okuntimo and Lieutenant Obi Umahi (Ebonyi Gov's brother) slaughtered more than 3000 Ogonis in the early 90s.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by chaloskyx: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2020
EHEN AND AFTER JOINING ALI MUST GO U ALSO JOINED ALI MUST KEEP SHUT OF SARS PROTEST CAUSE YOU CANT BITE THE CORRUPT HANDS THAT FEED YOU. OGA JUST KEEP SHUT AND SPEND YOUR MONEY IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2020
OfficialAwol:

You know I feel PDP should beg him with the ticket.

Jimi Agbaje seems to have been kidding all along.

Una Don resume una APC /PDP nonsense

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Yoighaman(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2020
jerseyboy:

https://www.legit.ng/1103627-femi-otedola-biography.html
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by thatigboman: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2020
I participated in 1 million-man march 'Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha' YEAA
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Jabioro: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2020
stagger:

At last. Someone remembers the SAP riots of 1989 and the protests of 1994 for MKO's mandate where Abacha ordered soldiers to Lagos streets with tanks to kill more than 4000 people.

No be today Nigerian army begin slaughter civilians. Even then Brigadier Paul Okuntimo and Lieutenant Obi Umahi (Ebonyi Gov's brother) slaughtered more than 3000 Ogonis in the early 90s.
You're absolutely right,may the good Lord bless your memory always
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by streetsoldier1(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:
We all felt the same way ...I joined Babagida must go 1989 and Abiola mandate must restore, civil society of Nigeria..I struggled with NADCO to regained power from the devil back to devourers..Here we are again my children had started the same way..

Will there ever be end to this cycle of bad governance. Don't you think something is wrong the the structure and mindsets of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Lamasta(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2020
Nothing has really changed we are still in the same circle as 1978
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Naijboy: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2020
jerseyboy:
Femi, this one na lie sha. First you were too young to be in University.
Too young to be in the university at the age of 16. Do you know what you are saying, 16 years is the minimum age for entry into Nigerian Universities. May be you went to school at the age of 30.
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by Jabioro: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2020
streetsoldier1:

Will there ever be end to this cycle of bad governance. Don't you think something is wrong the the structure and mindsets of Nigerians
A lot is wrong my brother,I can continue to brief the world..the to restructure or divide the dam country
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by streetsoldier1(m): 11:29am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:
A lot is wrong my brother,I can continue to brief the world..the to restructure or divide the dam country

Pls keep preaching restructuring till it becomes the song in the lips of every Nigerian. Buhari was president when I was born, now president when my kids are born..... O wrong nau

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by igwe18(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2020
Re: Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest by ChikaSunday(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2020
Despirado121:
Billionaire businessman Femi Otedola says he understands the call for better governance by the youth, adding that he joined the Ali must go protest of 1978 at age 16, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Otedola stated this in a social media post on Sunday with the Nigerian flags for emphasis.

Otedola said he shared the sentiment of his daughters – Tolani, Florence (aka DJ Cuppy) and Temi – who joined the #EndSARS protest in London and Lagos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGxJbFwHgDA/?igshid=1ur4jwj05y4vz

Igbere TV reports that Tolani and Temi were part of the #EndSARS protest against police brutality in London. Cuppy, on the other hand, joined the protest in Lagos upon her return from Dubai.

Meanwhile, state governments have urged the youths to stop the protest and come to the negotiation table.

I have said it before, divide this country into:

(1) AREWA REPUBLIC

(2) ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

(3) REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA

(4) NIGER-DELTA REPUBLIC

(5) CONFLUENCE REPUBLIC

Each republic will have their own police and accountability reform/assurance measures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / Peter Obi @ 60: Pictures From His Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.