Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration (29101 Views)

SA Seizes Mercedes From Mbuso Moloi Who Looted Groceries During The Riots / 25 Years Of Business But Now I Have To Restart From Zero - ENDSARS Riots Victim / [VIDEO] Tailor Weeps As Her Shop Is Destroyed During Stay At Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by adenigga(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2020
Seeks national, state youth conference

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, at the weekend, said that any facility that he had built but destroyed during the EndSARS protests would not be rebuilt by his administration.

He said that the people should rather protect them.

Umahi stated this while inspecting the various public facilities, including police stations and others, destroyed by hoodlums.

He told the people to always protect all government facilities in their areas as they were built with their money, warning those using the protests to unleash mayhem to have a rethink.

The governor, who noted that four police stations were burnt down, two in Ohaozara Local Council and two in Abakaliki, the state capital, said that he would not rebuild the two in Ohaozara because they were built by him.

“My position is that any facility that I have built and is destroyed, I will not rebuild it in my tenure. The other two police stations damaged by the hoodlums are rented apartments so government will strive hard to build two new police stations.

On the settlement of hospital bills for victims of the #EndSARS protests, Umahi said that the government would assist provided that such victims were not involved in criminality.

Meanwhile, on way forward to address the youth protest, Umahi advocated for both national and state conference to address the agitation of youth and other challenges facing the country, urging other governors to organise youth conference in their various states.

He said that the meeting would create opportunity for youths’ participation in policy formulation and governance, urging state governors to institute such conference in their states where the youths and elders shall be involved in allocation of the economy.

According to him, “the proposed national conference will address all the agitations of Nigerian youths, particularly the five-point agenda enunciated by them during the ENDSARS protests.”

“There is a lot of misinformation. People think that a leader must make magic. When you are building infrastructure or empowering people, they prefer you share the money.

“No nation will succeed without everybody making up his or her mind. We must all work. I think politics has killed us in Nigeria, as graduates no longer want to work. Even, Ph.D. holders want to be councillors.”

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by weyreypey: 6:35am On Oct 26, 2020
Well said. Any street wen dem burn tire....govt should not fix the ensuing potholes

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Adonisteve: 6:43am On Oct 26, 2020
cheesy.
Arsonists should behave themselves. People of every community should prepare themselves to repel any attempt by arsonists to destroy/burn any property/infracstructure.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by nony43(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2020
Well said, I can't be building and some urchins will be destroying. I pity those destroying properties in Abia state, watch as taxes will increase the remaining months of this year

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Lastmankc(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2020
That means,you won't get the avenue to loot

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Jabioro: 6:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Your people are busy destroying other states /public facilities..

40 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Inkosl: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2020
Played

HAVE YOU EVER IMAGINED HOW ATTRACTIVE AND GORGEOUS YOUR HOME WILL BE WITH THIS TV & TOI-LET LIGHT.

KINDLY MESSAGE US ON WHATS.APP OR CALL 080,,.550,.86.,31.2 FOR YOUR LED-LIGHTS......,......

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Uyi168: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2020
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by AgroTrade: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2020
angry

You already know this will be your last.

Do things you will be remembered for.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Pearly255(f): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Failed Leaders.....

Rubbish talk

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by farem: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Gbam!
Your shindren dey for Lagos dey wail, dey cry. Na "tinumbu" name upandan dey torment dem

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by zoedew: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Very irresponsible statement!

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Naijaguy12345(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
All the damages done will end up paid off by Tax payers again .

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by allanphash7(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
.....interesting perspective

"*Do we need youths to have a better country?*

Sadly, our current leaders started leading as youths.

Check their respective ages and subtract the last 20 years of democracy from it and let's see what we have.

Let's take Rotimi Amaechi for instance.

He is 55 now.

He's 6 years into Minister. That means he became Minister at 49.

He was Governor for 8 years. That means he became Governor at 41. Prior that, he was Speaker for 8 years, that means he was Speaker at 33. Freaking 33!

How youth can youth be!

Do the maths for all of them and you will see that youth has brought us nothing.

Fashola is 57.

He was in Tinubu's Cabinet.

Tinubu became Governor 21 years ago.

Remove 21 from 57, that's 36.

How youth can youth be?

Wike is 53.

He has been in power for the last 15/20 years.
That's 33-35.

How youth can youth be?

Dimeji Bankole was a freaking 37 as Speaker in the National Assembly.

Ahmed Lawan is 61.

He is been in the assembly since 1999. That was 21 years ago at the age of 40.

Even if President Buhari is 80yrs now, he was head of state in 1983, 37yrs ago, remove that from 80, that means he became the Head of State at the age of 43yrs and has bn instrumental corridor of power ever since.

See what we have.

What did we gain?

We don't need the youths.
We need a change of mindset and attitude, we need a change in the way parents nurture and train their children.

Both young and old.

Else, it's the same story.

Youths have always been in power!
They became old in power!

Yet we are here!"

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Healthquest: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Good for dem, if dem like mk dem burn all d bore holes, de will go bak to d well in.der environs, after all,Gov no de use road... na una go suffer simple

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by asobo: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Nigeria which way. The post was made on Twitter minutes before the shooting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ahmad62(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2020
OK sir.. What next? You'll stop paying salaries to Endsars protesters ahbi?!
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by humilitypays(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2020
Hahahahahaha Yoruba OPC went to Ebonyi to destroy the little infrastructure we have there after their terrorist son Adeyinka Stupidson ordered them to do so in retaliation of what IPOB youths did to Tinubu's properties in Lagos, Yoruba cannot fool us oh, we know all these.

I still have a video of OPC agberos loaded in a BRT bus being offloaded at Abakiliki the night before the attack, Yoruba must rebuild Ebonyi or face the wrath of Nnamdi Kanu shocked

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by asobo: 7:24am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:
Your people bare busy destroying other states /public facilities..
I dey shame on your behalf bigot.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by kindy51(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2020
I just like this man.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 26, 2020
nony43:
Well said, I can't be building and some urchins will be destroying. I pity those destroying properties in Abia state, watch as taxes will increase the remaining months of this year

Who created the urchins?

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2020
Tell your...
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by lexy2014: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2020
zoedew:

I think d governor is right on this one. D destruction was uncalled for

11 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by MsAllison(f): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2020
bastard Umahi
Useless criminal
just like Buhari

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by fasho01(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2020
This man is just an ass licking apc apologist sycophant
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ikennamurphy: 7:27am On Oct 26, 2020
zoedew:
There is nothing irresponsible about the statement.. Infact he hit it on the head,.. Why waste money rebuilding something you've built before. Doesn't make sense, just bc hoodlums think they can destroy anything

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Zchi1052(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2020
E
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ikennamurphy: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2020
fasho01:
This man is just an ass licking apc apologist sycophant
Ass licker how? He's a man and has said what he wants

7 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ikennamurphy: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2020
lexy2014:

I think d governor is right on this one. D destruction was uncalled for
Exactly.. Totally uncalled for

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) / Woman In Kano Locks Up Her Step-children In A Room To Starve To Death (Photos) / Tunji Alaso Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.