Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund (23677 Views)

FG, ASUU To Resume Talks On Friday / FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today. / FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by ManLikeL: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2020
FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund

The federal government’s negotiating team and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will resume negotiations today to iron out their differences over the application of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and the proposed release of N30 billion university revitalisation fund.

Confirming the planned resumption of the talks to THISDAY yesterday, Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, said: “The contentious issues have virtually been addressed except for IPPIS and revitalisation fund, which ASUU opted to go and consult its organs.”

He said government was working on the gazetting of the visitation panel for the universities and reconstitution of negotiating team, adding that announcement will be made on both issues this week.

However, there are indications that today’s meeting between ASUU and the federal government team may be deadlocked again unless President Muhammadu Buhari intervenes to order payment of salaries to lecturers based on old GIFMIS platform pending when UTAS is ready for use.

At their last meeting on Thursday, both parties had disagreed on two key issues, revitalisation fund and how to handle payment of salaries to ASUU members pending the conclusion of an ongoing test run on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).

THISDAY learnt that ASUU had shifted ground at the last meeting by requesting that the federal government provides N110 billion, half of the N220 billion it demanded as revitalisation fund for federal universities.

But the government said it cannot afford that with the present state of the economy.

Ngige had reminded ASUU of the position of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) with regard to “ability to pay” as a cardinal principle of collective bargaining agreement.

The source said ASUU agreed with the government’s offer of N30 billion as earned allowances but said the amount should be for only lecturers.

However, the federal government rejected ASUU’s demand to be given the N30 billion for lecturers alone, saying that all other unions in the university system should also receive payment from the money.

On revitalisation fund, a source privy to the meeting said: “The federal government is not ready to accede to ASUU’s demand for N110 billion now because it was part of the 2013 agreement that is now being renegotiated. That was why the government is offering things of good faith, like the payment of earned allowance pending when the committee saddled with the responsibility of identifying other alternative sources of funding concludes their work.”

For the two issues, ASUU team was asked to go and consult more with the union members and come back today for further deliberation.

On the implementation of the IPPIS, which almost stalled the meeting, the federal government said IPPIS should be allowed to operate in the interim until the test-run on UTAS is concluded.

But ASUU wanted payment of outstanding salaries on old GIFMIS platform before the implementation of UTAS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/26/fg-ASUU-resume-talks-today-over-ippis-revitalisation-fund/amp/?espv=1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Imortal001: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Good

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by ManLikeL: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2020

2 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Ahmad62(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2020
Same old story... Meeting inconclusive

21 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2020
Buhari and his fellow failed animals were desperate to ensure ASUU calls off her strike just to silence EndSARS protesters but now that the protests have tuned down, they have resorted to going back on their words as usual.
IPPIS was no longer a bone of contention few weeks ago but now it is.
Nigeria has failed her youths.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by DICKstractor: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2020
Them go talk till their mouth swell

8 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Dididrumz(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2020
If they don't call of the strike today then let's just forget about school till next year.

44 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by paulolee(m): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2020
this thier normal endless talks and meetings behind closed doors as usual...maybe they are jus asif it's a tea party....
I jus hope today meeting would get positive ending... don't kno how to take side with but I still think ASUU demands ain't dt bad and the f.g should jus accept n give them what they want BT....what do I know??

11 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by paulolee(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Dididrumz:
If they don't call of the strike today then let's just forget about school till next year.
av heard dt countless times bt the funny thing is dt they both av thier own way of ending meetings with one perplexing English or excuse and fix another meeting to give us hope..
if this don't end well, I won't be surprise if we see like 5 more meetings before the year ends...mk we de see na..

14 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by richfriendsng: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2020
We are tired already, same talk everyday.
meanwhile I am doing a giveaway so that our youths can engage themselves with something worth doing.
So I will start with a blog, call me on the number below or chat me to get your own blog at a ridiculous price, if I name the price here mods will ban me this early morning, I don't want trouble grin
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2020
The federal government should settle ASUU, let's school resume

4 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2020
Drhealer:
Buhari and his fellow failed animals were desperate to ensure ASUU calls off her strike just to silence EndSARS protesters but now that the protests have tuned down, they have resorted to going back on their words as usual.
IPPIS was no longer a bone of contention few weeks ago but now it is.
Nigeria has failed her youths.
Lolz
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by sinkhole: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2020
I can't even get the head or tail of this news! The only thing I could read is, strike continues

12 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by oluwabunmi61010: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2020
this thier endless talks and meetings....i hope today own go get head..
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2020
What is Mynd44 and Lalasticlala waiting for?

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2020
always talking..foolish people
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by samuelpeters(m): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2020
ASUU and FG, the story continues grin

Their last meeting ended with FG saying all the payments would be done using IPPIS that ASUU should enrol. But ASUU saw through that bullshit because they(ASUU) know it will be game over for them if they enrol.
The only way this meeting today will be successful will be if;
1. ASUU accepts IPPIS for payment of their salaries, earned allowances and revitalization fees( it will hurt ASUU).
2. FG fast track the testing of UTAS and use the platform for the payment ( it will hurt FG).
3. Use the former platform which was Government integration Financial Management information System(GIFMIS) to pay ASUU (nobody gets hurt. win- win cheesy)

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by kambili999(f): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2020
What sort of government do we have?

Their plan to to frustrate the educational system because they know education enlightens a nation.

Else, I cant understand why they would be negotiating on something that should be beneficial to education.

They are complaining that lecturers receive multiple salaries, how about one senator that will sit down in air conditioned room, talk rubbish and still receive about 30 million naira at the end of the month in a country that has over 75% of its population living in abject poverty?

*rubbish* angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Dididrumz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author]If they don't call of the strike today then let's just forget about school till next year.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Abs99: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dididrumz:

I swear..me don tire with this their endless talk angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by alabi484(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
samuelpeters:

Their last meeting ended with FG saying all the payments would be done using IPPIS that ASUU should enrol. But ASUU saw through that bullshit because they(ASUU) know it will be game over for them if they enrol.
1. ASUU accepts IPPIS for payment of their salaries, earned allowances and revitalization fees( it will hurt ASUU).
2. FG fast track the testing of UTAS and use the platform for the payment ( it will hurt FG).
3. Use the former platform which was Government integration Financial Management information System(GIFMIS) to pay ASUU (nobody gets hurt. win- win cheesy)

Spot on... They should pick option 3 and move on abeg

2 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Drhealer:
Buhari should just resign.
I support you

2 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by SirWarlock: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
samuelpeters:

This cheesy
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by francdec4(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
Do they give sitting allowance for this endless talk abeg

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by lincsnuel: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
They should just pity Nigeria students.
All man don become homebase! angry
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by jolyment: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by 900warriorz: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Biko they should get these talks done with already

make this my sister go back school cry
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by Royalfurnitures: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
How long will this govt ASUU talk,take,before the issue is settled?This our govt is not working

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Let our youths go back to school please.
#EndCorruptProfessorsCorruptWays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by newharddrives(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lets see what the outcome will be

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
I am tired undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Life Of A Typical Class Rep In Nigeria / Nkem Okeke Who Transferred From Anatomy To Pharmacy To Medicine Graduates / Female Student Of Bayero University Killed In Kano (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.