Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (685 Views)

"Stop Lying" - Biodun Fatoyinbo To Busola Dakolo / In All, The Dullest Christian Is Still Smarter Than The Smartest Athiest / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Sirmwill: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
[size=12pt][/size]
Re: . by MickzyDonald: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lying might not be what will actually make one miss heaven,but some christians do believe once u tell lie you will never make heaven,but what of your lifestyle, what of the way you treat anyone around you,how have you impacted people's life,have you neglected all the ones you call unrighteous, heaven is unpredictable so don't underestimate anyone from reaching there
Re: . by Bigflamie(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Stop wasting your time on unrealistic things.

There is no such thing like hell. We are all living just like the dogs, goats and even snakes you see. When you die that's the end, your chapter is closed, no other imaginary life, just like the goats you slaughter they are gone for good too.
Re: . by Sirmwill: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Lying might not be what will actually make one miss heaven,but some christians do believe once u tell lie you will never make heaven,but what of your lifestyle, what of the way you treat anyone around you,how have you impacted people's life,have you neglected all the ones you call unrighteous, heaven is unpredictable so don't underestimate anyone from reaching there
Yes.But you have not still answered the question.

Will someone lying at a particular time when rapture occurs make heaven?I mean a christian
Re: . by Sirmwill: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Bigflamie:
Stop wasting your time on unrealistic things.

There is no such thing like hell. We are all living just like the dogs, goats and even snakes you see. When you die that's the end, your chapter is closed, no other imaginary life, just like the goats you slaughter they are gone for good too.
Good point Brother.
It is well with your soul smiley
Re: . by MickzyDonald: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sirmwill:

Will someone lying at a particular time when rapture occurs make heaven?I mean a christian
I haven't experienced it before,but it depends on the individual lifestyle....So i don't know
Re: . by Sirmwill: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:

I haven't experienced it before,but it depends on the individual lifestyle....So i don't know

Okay brother
It is well with you smiley

1 Like

Re: . by MickzyDonald: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sirmwill:

Okay brother It is well with you smiley
Amen sir
Re: . by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sirmwill:
If a man is lying at a particular time and at the same instance,Rapture occurs.Will he go to hell?

"For therefore now there is no condemnation for those that are in christ Jesus"

"Whoever commits sin is of the devil"

"Shall we continue in sin and expect grace?"

Some churches believe in re-establishment of oneself with God after commiting a sin
Some believe that once you believe in Jesus,no matter the sins you commit further,you will go to heaven
Some believe in renewing yourself before God everyday
Some don't even believe that God can punish someone in hell no matter the situation

Share your opinion and reasons and if possible bible references

Cc: Lalasticlala
Righteousness89
dominique
Seun

Lie is lie!Lie is sin! That's why we need to Repent from sins! a liar cannot make the Rapture!
See Matthew 25:1-10 to see the need for us to be Prepared at all times..

It's like saying, a Believer who is committing fornication, and the Trumpet Happens to sound, will he make it?

We need to Ensure we are not Foolish Virgins..

Secondly those who Miss the Rapture are not going to Hell immediately! They are gonna Face the Great Tribulation! A Time of wrath from Heaven and on Earth! If they are able to hold on to their faith in Jesus and pass the Tribulation, they have a chance to Make Heaven..

What Makes one doomed after the Rapture of the Church is receiving the Mark of the Beast.. The Moment you take the Mark , you are doomed and Certified for Hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by OtemAtum: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
According to religious fantasy, any christian caught lying at the moment of rapture will be left behind. But according to reality, there is no rapture, let alone judgement day after death. Jehovah, Allah and other proponents of judgement after death are currently held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bethel13593: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
:I haven't experienced it before,but it depends on the individual lifestyle....So i don't knowOkay brotherIt is well with you
Re: . by CaptMarvel(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Funny question.. A person that lies deliberately is hell bent.
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sirmwill:
If a man is lying at a particular time and at the same instance,Rapture occurs.Will he go to hell?

Some churches believe in re-establishment of oneself with God after commiting a sin
Some believe that once you believe in Jesus,no matter the sins you commit further,you will go to heaven
Some don't even believe that God can punish someone in hell no matter the situation
It is not a lie that will keep you from entering the Kingdom of God... according to Jesus Christ, what will keep you from entering His Kingdom is something else that has less to do with how sinless you have been living and more to do with how obedience you have been to your Master in Heaven.

Luke 12 vs 35-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35. “Stay dressed for action[f] and keep your lamps burning,
36. and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
37. Blessed are those servants[g] whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
38. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
39. But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he[h] would not have left his house to be broken into.
40. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41. Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?”
42. And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
43. Blessed is that servant[i] whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
44. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
45. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,
46. the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.
47. And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.
48. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sirmwill:

According to Jesus Christ, what will keep you from entering into His Kingdom, is not your assumed sinless status, but whether you carried out works of righteousness in obedience to Him or not.

Matthew 25 vs 31-40 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’
[b] 41.
“Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.
42. You must go away because when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink.
43. When I had no place to stay, you did not welcome me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me nothing to wear. When I was sick and in prison, you did not care for me.’
44. “Then those people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty? When did we see you without a place to stay? Or when did we see you without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see any of this and not help you?’
45. “The king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to do for me.’
46. “Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.”
The passage above is Jesus Christ's account of what will take place when He returns. Those who believe in Him but do not do His commandments are the ones who will end up in Hell, not those caught lying at the time.
Re: . by MozB: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
Its unbelieve in the birth, death, resurrection and power of Jesus Christ that takes one to Hell. "Unbelieve". And if you think that believeing is such an easy thing, you are really mistaken.
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Oct 27, 2020
MozB:
Its unbelieve in the birth, death, resurrection and power of Jesus Christ that takes one to Hell. "Unbelieve". And if you think that believeing is such an easy thing, you are really mistaken.
Not so fast.
According to the Gospel of John, if you simply believe in the person of Jesus Christ, you are saved. So, it is technically easy to believe in Jesus Christ. What is harder is submitting to, and obeying, the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

In the Old Testament days, the people of Israel believed and accepted God as their God, but when it came time to obey His commandments, their stiff-necked nature would not let them. Rather than obey His commandment to worship Him, and Him alone, many of them were seduced into worshipping idols instead -- abandoning their first Love(God), turning instead to worshipping of other gods. Rather than submit to obeying His commandments to listen to His prophets, they turned instead to listening to false prophets and magicians.
Same way today, many believe (and are baptized in water unto repentance, and so are saved) in Jesus Christ, but when it comes to obeying His commandments, they turn away to do the opposite of what He commanded. They believe but do not obey -- they are servants who refuse to do the work that the Master has called them for -- these are the ones for whom Hell has been prepared for.

Luke 12 vs 35-48 (ERV)
35. “Stay dressed for action[f] and keep your lamps burning,
36. and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
37. Blessed are those servants[g] whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
38. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
39. But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he[h] would not have left his house to be broken into.
40. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41. Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?”
42. And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
43. Blessed is that servant[i] whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
44. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
45. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,
46. the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.
47. And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.
48. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
Re: . by kingxsamz(m): 10:15am On Oct 27, 2020
OtemAtum:
According to religious fantasy, any christian caught lying at the moment of rapture will be left behind. But according to reality, there is no rapture, let alone judgement day after death. Jehovah, Allah and other proponents of judgement after death are currently held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science.

Bro, it makes me laugh when these same set of Nigerian Christians insult unbelievers for not worshiping their god.
I mean, can't they see that %99 of them would still end up in this so called hellfire with these same unbelievers if the rapture happens?
Their god literally sends people to hell for keeping malice, telling a small lie or having lust. And we all know that the average Nigerian is corrupt one way or the other. I just dey laugh. grin
Re: . by kingxsamz(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2020
Sirmwill:

Righteousness89
dominique
Seun

Yes. You'll go to hell.
Infact, if you insult someone on social media, or look at pictures of sexy girls, or if you even have a girlfriend whom you get intimate with, and you didn't repent immediately after doing that, and rapture happens, na hellfire things bro. cool
The only way is to stay single till you find a lady you'll marry quickly without touching her and ask for forgiveness every 2 minutes. grin
Shebi na una wan go heaven? cheesy
Re: . by Ihedinobi3: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sirmwill:

Righteousness89
dominique
Seun

Hello.

Well, obviously, if anyone does not believe in Jesus Christ, they will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. That is what the Bible says:

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18 (NKJV)

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)

2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Daniel 12:2 (NKJV)

These passages seem unequivocal to me. On the one hand, the issue is faith in Jesus Christ, as John 3:18 makes clear. Doesn't matter how good or bad your behavior is, if you don't have faith in Jesus Christ, the God-Man Who died for the world's sins as revealed in the Bible, then you are already condemned by God. If you do have faith in Him, then you are not. Of course, all those who have faith in Him should be of good behavior (2 Timothy 2:19), but they generally tend not to be, and God punishes them for it (Hebrews 12:4-11). But divine discipline is not the same as the removal of eternal life. As long as anyone believes, they will be saved. If they behave badly, the Lord will discipline them until they either repent of their bad behavior or they die believing, unless they grow weary of the discipline and then apostatize from the faith. If they do this last, then they no longer believe and are no longer saved, so the Lord stops disciplining them, since they are not His Children (cf. Psalm 73).

On the other hand, the Bible seems also unequivocal to me about the fate of unbelievers. They will spend all of eternity in the Lake of Fire separated from God's glorious Presence and all His Blessings but also cursed with all His curses (cf. John 3:36). So, it is clearly not biblical to posit that there is no eternal suffering for unbelievers. There most definitely is.

As for the rapture, according to the Bible, there really is no such thing. It is true that the Latin that translates the Greek for "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is the word from which the term "rapture" was derived, but the concept of doctrine that it defines is not biblical at all. The Bible clearly teaches that living Christians will only be "caught up" to the Lord in the Resurrection at His Second Coming. This Second Coming is also taught by the Scriptures to happen after the Tribulation.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:29-31 (NKJV)

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 (NKJV)

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NKJV)

As the details in each of these passages show, they are all speaking of the same thing: the Coming of the Lord. When He comes to resurrect the Church, it will not be to steal us away from the earth. It will be to make us like Himself (that is, He will change our bodies to be like His glorious one too) and that is how we will always be with Him. But that will only happen after the Tribulation.

Now, to your specific question, obviously, sin is not going to stop us from resurrecting with the rest of the Church to be with Jesus, but it is very doubtful that the Tribulation will be a time that is accommodating to foolish sinning. We are likely to be pressed so hard during that time that no believer will be feeling particularly interested in playing truant anymore. Of course, we won't be perfect even then (James 3:2; 1 John 1:8 ), but there will be so little middle ground left spiritually that if any believer is still messing around, they will very likely just throw their faith away. So, the issue won't ever be whether one sin or the other will get in the way of our resurrection, rather it is whether we would even be willing to retain our faith in Jesus under the considerable pressures of that time.
Re: . by OtemAtum: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

Bro, it makes me laugh when these same set of Nigerian Christians insult unbelievers for not worshiping their god.
I mean, can't they see that %99 of them would still end up in this so called hellfire with these same unbelievers if the rapture happens?
Their god literally sends people to hell for keeping malice, telling a small lie or having lust. And we all know that the average Nigerian is corrupt one way or the other. I just dey laugh. grin
If anyone should go to hell fire, it should even be their gods because of the great lies of promises they have always been lying to their followers about without fulfilling any.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Blabbermouth: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sirmwill:

No! You won't go to hell!
Bro, mainstream doctrines has confused a lot of Christians.

It's harder to lose your salvation than you think.

(1) (Reply)

Apocalypse In Austria! Salzburg Is Destroyed (video) / Bishop Nwachukwu Convokes Interdenominational Convention To Clear Nigeria Of Ido / Banned On FACEBOOK For Exposing The Endgame Against Pentecostal Christians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.