Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) (353 Views)

12 Types Of Love (romantic ) Relationship You Must Know. / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. / Short Romantic Story : Office Matter (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) by David808: 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2020

Re: The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) by David808: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
PROLOGUE:
She was one of the most attractive girl on campus, one sort by virtually all the guys. She turned all offer down as she was not a fan of Campus relationship, all this was about to change when she met him, he seemed to be the perfect match for her, no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t stop thinking of him, seemed as though she was suddenly struck hard by Cupid, as her heart kept yearning for him. All seemed to go fine until, the test of true love came, find out if their love was able to withstand the challenge………….
Re: The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) by David808: 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
CHAPTER ONE

Peter’s POV (point of view)

I woke up that Monday morning, stretched myself on the Bed and yawned in a tired manner. I had the strong desire to remain in bed all through the day, but remembered that it was Monday morning already, I hate Mondays with passion. I wished that there were no lectures on Mondays, I was really reluctant to stand, when I suddenly remembered that we always had Dr Hassan by 8am, he always come to class and lock the door immediately it was five minutes past eight (8:05). I looked at the time and discovered that it was already 7:40am. I sprang from the Bed in a flash and dashed into the bathroom, I cursed my course mate Silas who stayed in the same hostel with me for failing to wake me. Dr Hassan’s class wasn’t one to joke with.

The man is extremely strict with his attendance as he always instruct the course rep to carry out a head count before passing the attendance sheet, after the class he ensures that the names on the list corresponds to the initial number counted. He collates the information from these attendance sheets and produce a list of those to write his exam, once your name is not included in his list which he popularly called the “list of life”, then writing the exam is a futile effort as you would definitely carry it over to the next session. I had a hurried bath and in no time I was set to leave, I checked the time and it was 7:50am meaning I had about 15 minutes left. I locked my door and moved quickly towards the main road, as luck would have it I saw a free bike and flagged it down. Campus gate I told him and hopped on without even bothering to haggle the price. I kept praying silently that I should be allowed to enter the class since I had already missed 5 of Dr Hassan classes, so I couldn’t afford to miss any other. The Bike seemed to be moving at snail speed much to my displeasure.
‘ Oga do quick na, why you just dey move like say dem dey push your bike’ ( pls hurry up, you are too slow), I told him.
“See if you no wan go again better come down” the man angrily responded ( if you are not comfortable with my present speed kindly alight).

I kept glancing nervously at my watch throughout the journey to the campus gate, after what was like forever we finally arrived at the campus gate. I quickly paid him the usual #100 fee and started going, he called me back, I didn’t answer him but carried on since I was already running late, until he shouted
“ you don forget your change oo” ( hey you haven’t taken your change)
That was when it dawned on me that I had given him #500 instead of #100. I thanked him immensely and ran as though I was been chased by a mad dog.
I checked my time and I saw that it was already
8:10 am, at that point I felt like crying, how am I supposed to cope if I miss 6 of Dr Hassan’s class! . I walked to the campus shuttle Bus stop and luckily there was a bus waiting for just one passenger. I paid and entered, I kept praying silently for a miracle to happen so I don’t miss the class.

The bus stopped at the Faculty of Natural Science, I alighted and walked to the Department of Biochemistry and just as I expected I sighted Dr Hassan’s Prado Jeep at the Faculty’s Parking Lot, which meant that he was already around would probably be in class already. I walked to the departmental Lecture Hall and was surprised to hear noise coming from there, as I got close I saw the side doors opened and entered not minding the consequence of my action.
To my complete amazement, the Hall was devoid of any lecturer but the course code was boldly written on the board. I scanned through if I could see any place to sit, but couldn’t find any since the class was crowded which was rather surprising, since I heard that his class was always scanty, because most people can’t make it to class before him and would have the doors shut to them.
Re: The Travails Of Love (Romantic story) by David808: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
I concluded on joining those standing and was walking towards the back of the Hall when I heard a soft melodious voice
“come over here there is space”
I looked over to where I heard the voice and was stunned for a minute, the melodious voice was from a lady, that was nothing short of perfection. She was light skinned with a very beautiful face, she had an ebony wig on her head with an airpod on her left ear. I walked in a brisk manner to where she was sitting and she took her handbag that was on the seat and gestured that I entered, I was then sandwiched by her at the extreme and another lady by the right.
I thanked her for her kind gesture and asked after the Lecturer but was surprised when she didn’t respond to me. I asked the lady by the right who told me that Dr Hassan came into the class as usual but received a call by the Dean of Students immediately he entered and had to harken to his call.

Within a short while the lecturer entered and was surprised to meet the hall filled with Students, he frowned and asked those standing to immediately vacate the Hall, I was really glad that I was already seated else I would have joined those leaving the class.
The lecture was very brief for reason best known to the Lecturer. He asked the course representative to carry out the usual head count before passing the attendance sheet, I was so happy that I was able to write my name on one of his attendance list.
I tried to see if I could locate my savior and thanked her once again but I discovered that she had mysteriously disappeared I shrugged my shoulder and left since I had no more Lecture for that day.

Stella’s POV

It was another Monday and as usual we had the “Devil incarnate” Dr Hassan, I really hated His Class. Am not a Biochemistry Student, but we in Microbiology department had to offer Enzymology which was the course of Dr Hassan as an Elective course in 300 level. I always wondered why the management made it compulsory that we offer that elective course, for the past 4 weeks I‘ve been attending, I can’t seem to fathom what he keeps saying. I was only attending the class to be included in his so dreaded “List of life” so that I would be eligible to write his exams.

On that particular day, I was so reluctant to attend thanks to the night party I attended, I came back to the Hostel by 2 am and was still sleepy when my roommate Erica, woke me to get ready for class. I looked at the time and it was already six in the morning, I had barely slept. I sluggishly had my bath and only applied white powder and red lip stick. We got to the Lecture Hall early and secured seats. I placed my bag on the seat between myself and Erica, as I didn’t want any inconvenience. The Lecturer came in shortly and had to leave immediately. I wished that he would become engaged and cancel the class so that I can go back Home to sleep.

I decided to listen to music since I was already getting bored and the Hall became noisy due to many clattering from students.
Students started to sneak inside since the man was not around. I noticed one who was really cute, he kept looking in all direction for a seat. He was dark skinned, slim and tall about 6 ft 1 inch tall. He wore a patterned long sleeve and a Black Chinos trouser. He looked frustrated as he couldn’t find any vacant seat and had a pitiful face, he had the exact look as a little puppy seeking for its owner. He was walking towards my direction since he settled to stand at the back.
I really don’t know why but unlike me I beckon on him, when he saw me he was taken aback and I blushed really hard. I was trying so hard to compose my self, because I just kept having butterfly feelings in my stomach and my blush was so obvious. He came in and sat in between myself and Erica, my roomie.

I was deep in thoughts and didn’t hear what he was saying, his countenance changed since he had the impression that I purposely ignored him. Before I could apologize for that the Lecturer entered, Oh! why did he have to come back now I thought , he only came to take attendance for the day. After penning down my name and matriculation number, I looked to see if I will see my prince charming but couldn’t find him, Erica dragged me outside, urging that we pay a visit to the eatery I left reluctantly wondering where he disappeared to .

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Rewrite Your Life / How To Make 100k Everyday With Your Phone. / How My Husband Abandoned Me After My Prayers Made Him Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.