Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Video Of How Designer Photoshopped Aisha Yesufu Endsars Photo Surfaces Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of How Designer Photoshopped Aisha Yesufu Endsars Photo Surfaces Online (433 Views)

Sanwo Olu Gave The Order #endsars (photo) / EndSARS Protesters Sleep By The Road Side: Funniest Endsars Photo? / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Video Of How Designer Photoshopped Aisha Yesufu Endsars Photo Surfaces Online by captainblaze(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Just a week ago, the Nigeria Police Force was forced into complete pandemonium following the Anti-SARS protest nationwide. Citizens of the Giant of Africa in blatant dejection erupted in a clamour for justice as they couldn't compromise on their safety owning to the inappropriate actions of the police.

All activities around the nation were on hold as the youth took to the streets to express their discontent with the brutal police unit.

The mass protest gained widespread attention as the derogatory remarks of most celebrities towards lousy governance in the nation left a sour taste in the mouths of non-Nigerians.

While some youth marched in huge numbers to protest grounds, some were fanning the flames on Twitter while others called on public attention from influential personalities. Every person tried their possible best to support the movement against police brutality, and graphic designers weren't left out.

One of them whose general appellation, Osedesigns connotes he was/is a graphic designer brought his skill to proper use by using pictures of protest scenes to recreate an inspiring image.

The main highlight of the picture was that it contained Aisha Yesufu stretching her arms into the air while wailing with a crowd behind her. Although she is a middle-aged activist, Osedesigns used her to symbolise the Nigerian youth sending a special message that they have awoken.

The image shared on Twitter quickly gained public attention as it got tons of retweets, likes, and comments a few moments after posting.

What made the image stand out from others created by various Photoshop designers despite his unparalleled adept for it was due to the concise message the edited picture entailed at its extremity - "THE SLEEPING GIANTS (YOUTH) WOKE."

In response to various demands by fans and other graphic designers, Osedesigns who runs a Youtube design class released a 2-minute video of how he put together fragments of various pictures to send a strong message into one. From the video, he used six images to form the masterpiece coupled with other Photoshop effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKeQoJXp9o

In the video's intro as screenshotted above, it started with a speech, we believe to be of his which read, "I have never been this emotional over a design. I actually cried after I made this design; an eye shed a tear of sorrow and pain 4 all we've been through, and the other a tear of hope just like the flame in the pix.

"The giants are awake and we are never going back to sleep again.

"I hope this means to u as much as it means to me.

"I am not a criminal.

"I am a graphics designer.

"#endsars #endswat #endpolicebrutality #endbadgoverning"

What do you think about the picture? Was it the best design image you saw from the protest?

Source: Opera News

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala Would Have Been President In 2023 If Nigeria Was America / What's Wrong With Black People? / 2023 Presidency: APC Will Retain Presidency – Gov. Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.