Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,592,425 members, 6,013,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 08:25 AM

The Lessons Learned From The Nationwide Protests And Future Benefits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lessons Learned From The Nationwide Protests And Future Benefits (106 Views)

#EndSARS Protests And Absentee Minister Of Interior, By Tayo Oke / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lessons Learned From The Nationwide Protests And Future Benefits by Eriokanmi: 9:17pm On Oct 26
In view of the ongoing developments nationwide, It's an indisputable fact that, Nigeria’s political space cannot be the same again for the following reasons.

1- Nigerians now know that, our politicians are our worst enemies we should deal with and not ethnicity,
religion or insecurity and so, emotional voting won't be there again and voters can now hold them accountable rather than being their psychophants.

2- this would be the first time in history when youths would be so united in pushing for what they want peacefully, not minding government reactions or threats. We've seen them being attacked by thugs loaded in government buses but they weren't deterred.

3- the youths have now believed they could achieve meaningful cause this country with one voice.

4- this would be the beginning of the end of money politics in this country as youths have now realised how selfish our politicians are and the real motive for bribing them during elections...to have their way. I was in ore in the past week on a research mission . There I saw a man trying to give protesters who blocked the ore road money to have his way, they were furious, seeing what he wanted to do and disallowed him and all of us from crossing because of the man's move. They almost burnt his car for offering them money just to cross with one of the protesters saying he's not more important than other stranded commuters. We've seen similar scenarios happen nationwide during this protest as well.
We had to wait for the time they gave to elapse , before we could all pass. I saw ambulances stationed by these youths to show how organised they were.

5-the politicians now know their yansh don open to the masses whom they've been shortchanging from time immemorial so, it would be difficult for people to trust them again.

6-what people need isn't affluence but basic things of life, out of which food plays a major role. Unfortunately , our politicians are unable to provide this. Back in the US during my Msc days, I had a neighbour, a middle-aged man who would go out every Thursday to collect free food similar to what youths they called hoodlums and all manners of name are seen doing all over the country in recent times.

Nigeria isn't really a poor country as thought by many out there. At least I'm a living witness. The greed of our politicians who always use all manners of tools like religion, ethnicity, thuggery, intimidation, propaganda and what have you to have their way has impoverished us all.

What more can I say?

God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Lessons Learned From The Nationwide Protests And Future Benefits by blazepascal(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26
our govt has done more harm than good to us

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Opens Free Reg Centre For Fg Msmes And Survival Funds / 2023 Election: INEC Explains Why It Is Yet To Resume Voters Registration / Fire Razes Ondo Radio Station Office, SUBEB Annex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.