Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem (438 Views)

Alienware M17 R5 - 17.3" - Ryzen 9 6900hx - 32g ram - RX 6850xt 12g dd - 1tb ssd / Alienware M17 R3 For Sale / Alienware M17 R2 Brand New Rtx 2060 (SOLD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Umarzy(m): 6:18am On Oct 27, 2020
I recently bought a new Alienware m17 R2 laptop. It's one month old and some days. The keyboard developed a problem 2 days back as I observed that some buttons on the keyboard are pressing wrongly.

Example: When i press 'w', it brings 'qwqq'. Pressing 'Q' gives 'qww'. Pressing '1' gives '122'. Pressing '2' brings '1211'. Z and X also gives wrong output. The problem is basically around the Capslock area.

I have tried all methods of fixing this on the internet. I have reset the PC, still no success.

Who has experienced this before and what's the likely solution?

Thanks
Re: Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Veiniously: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2020
Umarzy:
I recently bought a new Alienware m17 R2 laptop. It's one month old and some days. The keyboard developed a problem 2 days back as I observed that some buttons on the keyboard are pressing wrongly.

Example: When i press 'w', it brings 'qwqq'. Pressing 'Q' gives 'qww'. Pressing '1' gives '122'. Pressing '2' brings '1211'. Z and X also gives wrong output. The problem is basically around the Capslock area.

I have tried all methods of fixing this on the internet. I have reset the PC, still no success.

Who has experienced this before and what's the likely solution?

Thanks
Format everything and reinstall windows file
Something tells me your keyboard is dead but just give it a benefit of doubt
Re: Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Umarzy(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2020
Veiniously:

Format everything and reinstall windows file
Something tells me your keyboard is dead but just give it a benefit of doubt

Okay. But i reset the PC already, i should still format?
Re: Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Veiniously: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2020
Umarzy:

Okay. But i reset the PC already, i should still format?
Reset is quite different from formatting and reinstalling OS
When you reset it uses the windows already installed inside your disk to perform action. If there's a virus on your computer and it has eaten deep into your system files and windows backup image used in resting, just know you are recycling the virus. But this is rear for me it's likely the keyboard but you can give it a try.

But bear in mind if you are buying bootable CD from local vendors for windows 8 and 10 you still need to purchase key
Re: Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Umarzy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Veiniously:

Reset is quite different from formatting and reinstalling OS
When you reset it uses the windows already installed inside your disk to perform action. If there's a virus on your computer and it has eaten deep into your system files and windows backup image used in resting, just know you are recycling the virus. But this is rear for me it's likely the keyboard but you can give it a try.

But bear in mind if you are buying bootable CD from local vendors for windows 8 and 10 you still need to purchase key

Okay. Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Keyboard Problem by Umarzy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
It's working now. Took it to an Engineer.

He checked it, and it was the chip in that area that was affected, and it has been replaced
Can't believe this small thing cost N20k to fix

He said the heat from the PC affected that area, that i should buy an external fan/cooling fan to cool the PC when it's heats up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

sold!Iphone X 256gb With Face Id #210 / Alienware Gaming Laptop On Pre-order / Dell Inspiron 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.