Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests (84833 Views)

Sexual Molestation Of Girls In Jos By A Lebanese Man Sparks Protests / Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officer, Sparks Protests (Video) / US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by OneKinGuy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
xjiggy:
Were they only taught to shoot to kill? Can't they shoot to disarm? Must they even shoot that much rounds? At least, shoot the legs.
when someone is charging @u with a knife, Will you look for the leg to shoot?

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by psyco: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
angry angry angry
This Nonsense can only happen in that useless slave country!
Why is the shooter still alive? WHY didn't they trow tires around his neck and grill the modafucker?

These daft people and generation should stop calling themselves BLACKS!
THAT WRONG LABEL/TAG has done more evil than good.

IT IS RACIST TO CALL BROWN PEOPLE BLACKS AND STUPID TO CALL PALE PEOPLE WHITES!

Stop living by how others define you.

You won't see a black wig and call it brown! THIS NONSENSE SHOULD STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the first time I support this. Pale and Brown makes mores sense. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Danny50: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... I must say that this is a pure work of Joe Biden.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Blackmiserable(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
Matrimonous:

Exactly. A shot in the leg would've been Ok.

Police are human beings too.

Self-preservation is sometimes a work of instinct than emotions. It is just like when a professional footballer squanders a clear cut chance and then you go "this guy no sabi poo"

It doesn't always work that way.

As much as the officers tried to back off, the deceased was still charging towards them with a knife. He is late but sorry to say, he is an idiot.

How can you come after the police, who are supposed to be mediators, with violence? Should we advocate that police officers risk their lives because their job involves dealing with all kinds of idiot?

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Buzx: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
Dannyilo:
In as much as I don't like the rate of killings in America by the white policemen, I wish to also condemn the attitudes of so many black guys over there. So many of the black guys are just too stubborn. If I am the policeman in this position, aswear I will also gun the bastard. They were even moving backwards and he is coming towards them with a weapon. That is death calling the idiot.

His mom said he had mental issues.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by BigBashiru: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Says who?

You all just like saying what you don't know out of ignorance.

No murderer walks free or receives any light sentence in the US.

And mind you those murderer that have been in prison have a criminal data record system that the whole US department of justice or law enforcement has access to...and that bans those murderer from ever getting any very important or high paying job or recognition in the society for life.

What does Nigeria have?

The minimum sentence for first degree murder in new york is 15 years.... first degree murder only applies if it was a police officer or if there werw special circumstances etc (this is in New York) - this means if it's an ordinary civilian it's difficult to charge first degree.... how can minimum sentence be just 15 years doesn't America have value for human life? The inmates are then sent to nice "correctional centers" with good food gyms library etc
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by psyco: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
That pale-skinned pig albino can not try this nonsense in my country in a public place like that...

This is the only type of situation where I support jungle justice,

ROAST THAT PALE-SKINNED PIG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Beautyaddy: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
osazsky:
oga go and watch investigation discovery or real time on dstv stop watching EBS...I have seen people do 15 years and got realeased ..some are even give perrol to revisit the case and reduce d sentence...if u want I can send u links...no need cuz u cant afford mb

Even if for any reason they are release they are forever with a criminal record that all the Police departments across the Country has access to and department of Justice.

They are as good useless because they are very limited to what high paying or recognition jobs they can ever have in life as long as they remain living in the US.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by kkkp: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
The white police are more brutal than naija police
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by bigcasava1(m): 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Me I don change my mind I no go join police again. Let the chance waste!
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by siegfried99(m): 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
OK2NVME:
When you pull a weapon of any form on a cop in the US, you have authorized by your foolishness the use of deadly force.

Since one shot from a gun is considered potentially lethal, cops and civilians defending themselves are encouraged to go all out and empty their clip on you to avoid future expensive law suits seeking medical recompense and other b.s. the Jewish lawyer can throw at the cop.

So this is why both civilians and cops facing deadly confrontation shoot to kill and if it takes 30 rounds so be it.

I was watching cbsreality recently and was complaining of how blacks are sometimes aggressive and stupid.

They told him to drop the knife.. Simple instruction!
Yet he was coming at the officers. What was he expecting?
Blacks need reorientation.

3 Likes

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Commentor: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
coolsegun2002:

And u were part of those shouting end SARS.....

Las las.... all of us na SARS
grin
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by juniorsworld(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
nigeriainfo:
This guy is armed and to the best of my knowledge the two police officers need to protect their own life too. But they should have shot him in the leg though

American police are trained to eliminate the target by shooting center mass because it's easier to hit and you won't worry about missing, which can kill bystanders. In addition, shooting at the leg when adrenaline is high is almost a guaranteed miss unless you're highly, and I mean, highly trained.

Also, shooting the leg can be almost certain death is the person isn't sent to the hospital quickly and the bullet hits a femoral artery.

The shooting was unfortunate but justified.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by osazuwa23: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
You can die from leg wound at best you could be paralyzed
xjiggy:
Were they only taught to shoot to kill? Can't they shoot to disarm? Must they even shoot that much rounds? At least, shoot the legs.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by siegfried99(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Dannyilo:
In as much as I don't like the rate of killings in America by the white policemen, I wish to also condemn the attitudes of so many black guys over there. So many of the black guys are just too stubborn. If I am the policeman in this position, aswear I will also gun the bastard. They were even moving backwards and he is coming towards them with a weapon. That is death calling the idiot.

Simple as abc
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Seyzcham91(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
confirm!

we know this before

coolsegun2002:
American police....u too waka come join SARS..?

what happened to moving away from him or shooting him in the leg to incapacitate him.......:

Las las....police na the same everywhere....

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Beautyaddy: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
BigBashiru:

The minimum sentence for first degree murder in new york is 15 years.... first degree murder only applies if it was a police officer etc that was murdered in New York.... how can minimum sentence be just 15 years doesn't America have value for human life? The inmates are then sent to nice "correctional centers" with good good gyms etc

And what is the maximum sentence too?

Every States has it's own sentencing laws.

Most Liberal States tend to be more lenient than Conservative States with they prison sentencing laws on murder cases.

Most Conservative States still have the death penalty for first degree murder sentence.

During a sentencing of a murder case the judge in that State cannot go less or more than that State law allows.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Commentor: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
osazsky:
Them kill 2 for lekki internet exploded and the world termed it masacre even when it was obvious that d video was doctored...10 officers shout at a single civilians 10 times with life emmunations everyone is celebrating and defending it even when the video was not doctored.the problem I see here is inferiority complex...ok it's a white officer anything they do they are trained...people who have not left lekki in their lifetime said in situations like these Americans use pepper spray..rubber bullets...Barton's.. if they are trained y not go for the legs...tru the black..nigerians na mum 100 percent I swear

That's been my point.

One guy dissed Desmond Elliot saying Elliot was a 'mere' Nollywood actor.
When I told him Reagan was also a 'mere' actor, he said you can't compare Nollywood with Hollywood.

Inferiority complex.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Adakintroy:
Shea una see America una de call on for help.

Them de deal with the same. Shea they too are underpaid?

Una never know say winch de everywhere. Say some people are just possess.

Nobe everything be rationalization.
But you sha know say you no fit compare their own to our own oo.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Blackmiserable(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
prophetfire:
. Stop telling lies Mr man. They shoot to kill because they want to do so. What is wrong with shooting his legs? He is a black man and their hatred for black men is legendary.

It's funny how Nairalanders can be this racist. So he was shot dead because he is a black man. Don't be hateful bro. We will all be alright.

It is one thing to resist the police and another to resist the police with a knife. Charging after the police with a knife is a different kettle of fish entirely especially when the reasons the police officers were there is as a result of distress call from one of the parents.

In the heat of the moment, you don't blame people for self-preservation decisions. There is more instincts than emotions involved. If these guy was as sensible as he wants us to believe, he would not attack someone who has a gun with a knife. It just shows how tactless and senseless he is.

I will not say more than this but assuredly there is no iota of hatred in their decision

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Not another one shocked sad
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Seyzcham91(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Police Brutality is same in Every part of the world

as long as those men in black are armed, Forget it, The bullying continous
360degreess:
I thought police brutalilty is only in Nigeria. And the US were forming good masters about #End SARS.. People of this world are confused.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fabkimzzy1:

But if were to be in Nigeria this happens, would you have said this?.....y not shooting his legs
Guy, if the kinda police brutality they face in the US, na hin we dey face hear, I bet you,nobody would have been on the streets protesting. Police brutality pass police brutality ooo
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by ndcide(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
The only problem, is that people don't know what is happening.

If you tell them, they will not believe.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kuginzi:

Don't mind them jare!
You sha know say USA no dey part of ICC abi?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by adaoshi(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Why only the blacks? Just like Nigerians we are always hostile to police officers and law enforcement officers. They approach you with simple orders which is the standard operating procedures, they blacks in America like their brothers in Nigeria will disobey that simple order and attacks the officer either verbally or direct confrontation. A lot of things will now go wrong when the officer tries to defend himself.
In this case we saw him charging or moving towards the officers with a knife, it was a deadly move.
We have to change our mentality

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Bettycars(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Starfish22:
Watch police fatally shoot armed black man, Walter Wallace, ten times, as demonstrators injure at least 30 police officers in resulting protests(Swipe)
-
At least 30 law enforcement officers have been injured after violent clashes between demonstrators and law enforcement officers following the shooting death of a Black man by police on Monday in Philadelphia, US.

See Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUml1-bwLwU

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/live/philadelphia-protests-police-shooting-walter-wallace-jr-20201027.html%3foutputType=amp
It was an overkill. Lethal force wasn’t necessary. What happened to rubber bullets? As long as the victim wasn’t with gun, the number of rounds fired by the police shows an intent to kill not necessarily self defense. This loss of life was clearly avoidable. A few warning shot if ignored could be followed by a shot or two on his legs not his chest. This is an overkill.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by osazsky(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Says who?

You all just like saying what you don't know out of ignorance.

No murderer walks free or receives any light sentence in the US.

And mind you those murderer that have been in prison have a criminal data record system that the whole US department of justice or law enforcement has access to...and that bans those murderer from ever getting any very important or high paying job or recognition in the society for life.

What does Nigeria have?
oga u know nothing..I have watched more than 2000 crimes on dstv and their sentences it depends on the circumstances that cursed the murder...they get very light sentence especially when there was no motive..I am even watching one now..at time 45 years .pls this is a public forum dont disgrace urself...america judgement nor they follow one pattern..people see america like heaven and I dont know the reason for this.i can go on and on..pls try to watch real times on dstv at night stop watching osun broadcasting tv

1 Share

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by faith551(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
The mother should have handled the family domestic issues instead of calling the cops ...What did they call the cops for over a family domestic squabbles if they didn't thing their son was a threat... From the video I would say the cops did their best and had no choice but shoot and for those that wonder why American cops shoot a lot of bullets ? Its because they are trained to shoot till a target is completely neutralised and immobile , once they starts shooting they will shoot tills you can't move any of your limbs .... Families should learn when you call a cop to a family issues there is a possibility of loss of life and is the family ready for that

Shut up if you don't know what the Bleep you're saying.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by OneKinGuy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
kingy1:
Some persons above are seriously finding a way to justify the murder because it is called the united state. What is bad is bad irrespective of location. I don't see any reason how a knife will warrant 10 bullets and they murdered him in the presence of his mother, which is even more painful.
I still prefer intra country zombie to inter country zombie.
Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight
Knifes are lethal weapons. They can cause serious injuries or kill you, just like a gun will.
Maybe using 10 bullets isn't 'Morally right', There isn't any law in the US that tells police how many bullets they should shoot someone with, All they have to do is to take down the threat, even if it means using 100 bullets, it's justified. Beside you can't kill the person twice.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Kuginzi: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
JJOF:

You sha know say USA no dey part of ICC abi?
So where can they be tried?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by BigBashiru: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Beautyaddy:

And what is the maximum sentence too?

Every States has it's own sentencing laws.

Most Liberal States tend to be more lenient than Conservative States with they prison sentencing laws on murder cases.

Most Conservative States still have the death penalty for first degree murder sentence.

During a sentencing of a murder case the judge in that State cannot go less or more than that State law allows.

First degree carries the following outcomes in New York:

Actually I made a minor mistake - these are the outcomes:

a.) Life imprisonment without parole; or
b.) Imprisonment for a term of 20 to 25 years.

But getting first degree charge in the first place in New York is a bit hard and even when you charge it most judges sentence b.) above not a.)

America has no value for human life I've done the research....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

#JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan / Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) / Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.