Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read (1361 Views)

Is Qnet Company A Scam ? Please Help Me / 77-year-old Woman Loses N6 Million In Bitcoin Scam / Remitano Scam ; Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone, it the ceo of Destro Tech pls be inform they is a new way or rather let me call it a new  format scammers use in scamming Bitcoin vendors now I was a victim so I want to share it here so you guys can be careful.

First they we message you claiming they have BTC to sell then they we ask you to drop your address, after that they start monitoring your transactions then immediately they noticed someone sent you funds they we screenshot and ask you to check without you knowing that the funds is not from them you we pay immediately after that they block you.

Please share this post to other exchangers I lost #14k paying this scammers.

Acknowledgement: I salute mods of this thread, please help in promoting this to the top.

CC:
Puskin
Dominique
Fod
Naijacutee

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
You that you're receiving coins from someone, don't you know who and who is actually sending you coins?

How can someone send a screenshot to you and claim he is someone else and you won't know?

In this case, what will you now say to the original sender of the coins when you have mistaken their identity?

You are not serious yourself.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by Kabila64: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
MrVeyron:
You that you're receiving coins from someone, don't you know who and who is actually sending you coins?

How can someone send a screenshot to you and claim he is someone else and you won't know?

In this case, what will you now say to the original sender of the coins when you have mistaken their identity?

Just wat i was thinking. The real person that sent u btc didn't contact u before and after sending the btc? I guess he contacted u and that was why u gave him your btc wallet address. How did someone else now came to u and just fell easily
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kabila64:

Just wat i was thinking. The real person that sent u btc didn't contact u before and after sending the btc? I guess he contacted u and that was why u gave him your btc wallet address. How did someone else now came to u and just fell easily
Exactly my thoughts.

The guy sef no serious
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by KingAbdulazeez: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
But Bitcoin Transactions Are Not Traceable. How Come?
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
MrVeyron:

Bro i had paid the original owner of the coin it was when the guy tried doing it the second time before I noticed
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Novartis:
Exactly my thoughts.

The guy sef no serious

No insult bro we are all humans and are bound to make mistakes I would say I didn't notice on-time because I had too many trades coming in at that moment
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
KingAbdulazeez:
But Bitcoin Transactions Are Not Traceable.
How Come?

I don't know how he did it
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
I dropped this not to receive insult but also inform others so they won't make thesame mistake...

Pls stop the insult nobody is perfect thanks
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by KingAbdulazeez: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
DESTROTECH:

Toh
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by KingAbdulazeez: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
DESTROTECH:

Toh
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by LiquidMer: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
DESTROTECH:
Hello everyone, it the ceo of Destro Tech pls be inform they is a new way or rather let me call it a new  format scammers use in scamming Bitcoin vendors now I was a victim so I want to share it here so you guys can be careful.

First they we message you claiming they have BTC to sell then they we ask you to drop your address, after that they start monitoring your transactions then immediately they noticed someone sent you funds they we screenshot and ask you to check without you knowing that the funds is not from them you we pay immediately after that they block you.

Please share this post to other exchangers I lost #14k paying this scammers.

Acknowledgement: I salute mods of this thread, please help in promoting this to the top.

CC:
Puskin
Dominique
Fod
Naijacutee
this is a totally a trash doesn't make at all, there is nothing like such .. Your motive is just to gain publicity
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2020
LiquidMer:
this is a totally a trash doesn't make at all, there is nothing like such .. Your motive is just to gain publicity

Get publicity for what?
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2020
DESTROTECH:

Get publicity for what?

For been scammed
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
DESTROTECH:

For been scammed

I regret sharing this here thinking of helping others I end up getting insulted
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by FlyHeight: 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
KingAbdulazeez:
But Bitcoin Transactions Are Not Traceable.
How Come?

They actually kinda are... If you follow the block transaction enough and click on the wallet address especially if it’s a permanent wallet address perhaps from an xchange, you’d be able to see recent transactions

Also most xchanges do kyc even P2P ones do kyc so you can easily be traced off your permanent wallet add
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by kryptochats: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2021
all those insulting him are ignorant and knows nothing about bitcoin.

so this is how it works from block explorer i can view every transaction coming to a particular wallet , lets use this wallet address for example - 3E8ociqZa9mZUSwGdSmAEMAoAxBK3FNDcd to view this wallet just visit this link https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3E8ociqZa9mZUSwGdSmAEMAoAxBK3FNDcd from the link you can see the total amount of coin sent from this wallet and the total amount of coin received, and also all transactions including recent transactions, so a scammer can keep refreshing this page to view your recent transactions which he can then screenshot and show to you, making you think he actually made the payment, the reason why people fall for it is that, the original sender of the coin may take some time or delay to inform the owner of the wallet that he sent coin, by the time he informs the owner of the wallet the scammer has already gotten to Canada with your money!

NOTE THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2021
Thanks brother I posted something here and the insult I got was too much some said I did it because I wanted fame. I have a broadcast list for all my customers and I do drop my address and sometimes customers do send coin to my address without informing me before sending, because of the trust and maybe after like an hour the customer we send me screenshots.. I posted it here for others to know the new methods they are using to scam exchangers...

God bless you brother
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by Kobicove(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2021
The scams associated with using crypto just keeos increasing by the day. angry

I thought you people said crypto will soon replace fiat money?

Well I don't see that happening any time soon.

CBN took a good decision by restricting use of crypto in Nigeria
Re: SCAM ALERT!! New Bitcoin Scam Please Read by DESTROTECH(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmm you are right but don’t look at the negative side alone also check the positive side crypto has been saving life’s ..

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin Arbitrage Bureaucracy (bab) - Who $50 Limit Help ? The Ultimate Guide..! / Can Any Ordinary Person Earn Dollars While In Nigeria Without Relatives Abroad? / Tips On How To Run Business Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.