Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? (13106 Views)

Odumakin: Those In Government Are The Real Hoodlums, Not Palliative Looters / Nigerian Army, Police Joins Residents To Share Discovered COVID-19 Palliative / My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by UNUKHASO: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2020
NEVER INSTEAD PROSECUTE AND SEND TO PRISON THE GOVERNMENT THAT KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES INCLUDING GOVERNMENT THAT DIVERTED BAIL OUT FUNDS
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by IjebuWarrior: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2020
Osnami:
Those that looted COVID-19 palliatives - No
Those that looted private properties and businesses - YES

And what about the BIGGEST Looters (Politicians) in the country? angry What should be done to those?

OP, the mere fact that you didn't bother to mention them shows craze dey ur head, walahi.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Royalfurnitures: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2020
Those that hoarded the materials today shoould be prosecuted ffirst

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by MozB: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2020
Osnami:
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Tundex911: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2020
Osnami:

Seconded ✌️
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by faramade16062: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2020
The government don't have the moral justification to prosecute anyone because of the covid-19 palliative issue because the government stole it from the people in the first place.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Newness2019: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2020
What will Govt. do to those who hoarded COVID19 food stuff in the mist of hunger in the land?
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by chatinent: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2020
What of those looting public funds?
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by bolaayenimo: 9:45am On Oct 28, 2020
Biggest looters

chatinent:
What of those looting public funds?
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by chatinent: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Biggest looters

Seriously!
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by MrRegret: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Olabamiji509: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2020
This government just they think say na fool them they govern,and one stupid senator for lagos state talk say na for im birthday he wan distribute the palliative...bunch of fools
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by chumome(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2020
Who should be prosecuted hmmm!
Absolutely The Government. If they didn't hoard the palliatives, there would never have been any looting in any state.

The Govt should be prosecuted. Bring them on air to explain why they had the palliatives kept in Warehouses.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by KaptainAfrika: 10:33am On Oct 28, 2020
No.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by pacificom: 10:33am On Oct 28, 2020
I think a federal panel should be set up to quiz the state administrators about the incidence of Covid19 palliatives in the warehouses. If they have done the right thing with those items, perhaps the looting could have been averted or minimized. The palliatives belong to the citizens, but it is rather unfortunate the manner by which they eat their own cake. However those who looted and destroyed public businesses and infrastructures should be arrested and prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by emanobis(m): 10:46am On Oct 28, 2020
The said government should first be prosecuted for hoarding palliatives meant for everyone.

Looters just took what belongs to them
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by anoziechi(f): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2020
If they will arrest looter.. They should also arrest the governors that hoard the palliatives
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2020
I think that thw government should prosecute all looters, whoever they are

Two wrongs dont make a right
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by SaucyBrown: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2020
imagine,y them go even keep the paliative in the first place??
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by smileyoo: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2020
Iyocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

Why prosecute people who are taking what rightly belong to them.
While other state governorship are freely leaving the citizens of their state to freely loot the palliatives, ifeanyi Ugwuayi of Enugu state and obiano of anambra killed their citizens because of indomie 3k.
Gburu gburu is the worse thing to ever happened to Enugu state in a long time
i must confess, it's a low one from Mr gburugburu, i wonder where he put his thinking cap before taking such a nasty and brutish decision. he must account for this barbaric act,
except those murderers were brought to book.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by abidem4real: 11:05am On Oct 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/should-government-prosecute-covid-19-palliative-looters/
How on earth should pot be trying to sue kettle for being black
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Bigchristo: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/should-government-prosecute-covid-19-palliative-looters/
FG should prosecute states governors for hiding convid19 palliative that was meant to disburse for their states
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by donPhill(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2020
In as much as I disdain this public property looting, the govt brought this upon themselves, how would they hoard what belongs to the masses?

If the punishment with be directly proportional to the looters of our public office holders I agree, if otherwise I say NO!
Imaging Plateau state gov asking for a house to house search for the looted items and if found in your house, the house should be demolished as punishment! Is that the same punishment that has been spelt on them for milking the poor masses?
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by Gwagone: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Yes.. A theif is a thief no matter the circumstances
They stole what belongs to them
Think am nah
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by thomasyanky(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2020
Nah
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by King44(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
How can someone accuse me of looting my own property? You can only prosecute if the indomies that those poor souls in rich man's agbada hoarded are not meant for people who took it.

I think this question is so dumb

The right question should be how can we prosecute those people who hoarded the palliatives and their accomplices?

Where did the covid 19 money that was donated go to?

Besides, the only people who should be prosecuted are those that looted private businesses.

If you are in government and you are doing well this issue of palliatives won't come up because it would have been distributed.

The use of that word "loot" for people who took their undistributed palliatives is totally wrong and unacceptable.

Those people who are saying two wrongs don't make a right in this case are not in touch with reality. For the fact that your right is kept in a warehouse somewhere and you are less concerned even if it gets to you or not because you are living comfortable doesn't mean WE are all living comfortable like you get sense.

They don't care if we live or we die, it even favours them if we starve to death.

1 Like

Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by yoribo: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
Why and why can't Govenment persecute government looters.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by ogboru46: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
The palliative was made for the people before why persecute what was made for the people bad governance.
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by babyfaceafrica: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
Gwagone:
They stole what belongs to them Think am nah
they stole what we belongs to all of us!!!
Re: Should Government Prosecute COVID-19 Palliative Looters? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
Those that looted palliative should be pardoned and given more food but those that looted private property, anything that's not food whether government or private should be treated as criminals.

As for me, I'm going to Enugu state government house to show the governor videos of other state carrying their own palliative. Maybe he will consider us and show us where to go and carry our own peacefully.
We will do it peacefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Opebi-Mende-Ojota Link Bridge To Be Ready Be Second Quarter Of 2024 / Sani Abacha - 15 Years After / Senate Endorses Sack Of 3,000 NIMC Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.