Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (36739 Views)

NANS Knocks ASUU For Joining Strike / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike / ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ramsey19: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ministry of Education's spokesperson, Ben Goong, said the demand of the body is ridiculous

- Goong further stressed that ASUU cannot dictate how varsity lecturers should be paid their salaries.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has come under attack as the federal government described the condition set by the body before it can end its strike as "unreasonable."

It would be recalled that ASUU said it would end the strike action after its home-grown University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) has passed the federal government's integrity test.

Speaking in an interview with The Punch, the association's national leader and president, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, gave the assurance with questions popping up on when the lecturers will resume back to classrooms.

ASUU was expected to call off its strike and mandate lecturers to resume back to lecture rooms on Wednesday, October 21, after striking a unilateral agreement with the representatives of the federal government.

The federal government said the demand of ASUU is ridiculous. Credit: BBC Pidgin

But Ogunyemi said UTAS, which is a payment system developed by ASUU in place of the controversial Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), is still going through an integrity test handled by NITDA.

Reacting to the ASUU's stance, spokesperson for the Ministry of Education, Ben Goong, said ASUU's demand is ridiculous because varsity lecturers cannot determine how they should be paid by their employers which is the federal government.

"I don't know whether you know how many groups, organisations and associations receiving a salary from the federal account. So, if everybody is doing their own platform, imagine how many payment platforms government will have to deal with it."

Meanwhile, ASUU has raised an alarm over what the body termed as a deliberate attempt to strangulate public education in Nigeria.

Speaking during a Town and Gown meeting at the African Hall in the University of Ilorin, Kwara state, ASUU president Ogunyemi said the lecturers' body is being neglected by the federal government because "there were plans to make education inaccessible to the poor."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1378593-fg-slams-ASUU-using-utas-condition-strike.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ramsey19: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
I don give up on this matter. like FG and ASUU are just toying with our future. A friend(casual worker) called me a lazy ass today coz I av been at home doing nothing all in the name of we will resume very soon. I felt like crying but wetin man go do?

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by identitylenz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
so which means they won't still call off the strike chaiiiiiii

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nukilia: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
I dont pity ASUU at all... I was surprised to see professors supporting APC during the last election...I now understood the reason why our universities are nothing to write home about.... grin grin grin

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by duduade: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
Loool

This same man will still come out to say he never said such

Watch and see

Adamu and Ngige no send am message o

Be spewing thrash all in the name of eye service

Punch newspaper are known to spreading rubbish

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Juliusmomoh: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
Where is the source of this write-up ?

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ramsey19: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2020

4 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Juliusmomoh: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2020

4 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Honduras01: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
shocked
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by sinkhole: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
The problem on ground now is that of power struggle!
If FG gives-in then it will look like a weakling, this government always wants to be seen to be on top of the situation.
ASUU also does not want to relax any bit partly because it has spent a lot on UTAS, also it does not want to be seen as a weakling.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by seankafor(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lol, any person wey dey wait for school this year dey in a long thing.. infact it's better to ride or a sleeping on a moving bicycle than to expect school to resume this year..

Make dem kuku ban and dissolve university education in the country..
I no kuku send sef undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ebenezer202I: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
sinkhole:
If FG gives-in then it will look like a weakling, this government always wants to be seen to be on top of the situation.
ASUU also does not want to relax any bit partly because it has spent a lot on UTAS, also it does not want to be seen as a weakling.
their ego comes into play here

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by seankafor(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2020
sinkhole:
lol, so na students come dey on the recieving end..

But I hope these lecturers doesn't collect salaries on these months wasted at home, because it will be stealing and unfortunate if they collect salaries and still stay at home doing nothing in the name of strike..

When bubu use him.mouth talk say him no dey pay any lecturer wey no dey ippis.. na then I know say this strike go long..

Bubu doesn't talk too much, but when he talks, be sure he is gonna see to the end of it.. take our border closure for example..

This strike fit reach march next year if care is not taken

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by paulolee(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ur slamming won't call off the strike...jus answer them and pay them to call it off,..after all the money that f.g are looting and eating all year is not up to a quarter of what ASUU dt holds d future of the country is demanding for..
me am jus tired abeg

26 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by reiddecuti: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
In as much as I condemn our schools being shutdown, if ASUU can man up and give the government hell I will so much appreciate them.

This is no time to have mercy on our leaders. They have shown us time with out number that they are evil, brute and wicked.

Since the only word the hear is HARD (I mean making governance hard for them).

They don finally buy market this time around.

21 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Bukan20: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
ASUU is very stupid, how can a servant tell his master the way he suppose pay him.

what a Bleep?

FG should scrap ASUU

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by olasehinde35130: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
Thank for the up-date
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
Bukan20:
ASUU is very stupid, how can a servant tell his master the way he suppose pay him.

what a Bleep?

FG should scrap ASUU
ASUU will show those thieves pepper

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by SirWarlock: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
Bukan20:

what a Bleep?

FG should scrap ASUU
Scrap ASUU? How? grin.

20 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Bukan20: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
SirWarlock:
Scrap ASUU? How? grin.
How can they be demanding for their own payment mode?
it's a total rubbish so FG needs to dissolve ASUU

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Bukan20: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
ASUU will show those thieves pepper

As how?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by DaInferno(m): 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nukilia:
I dont pity ASUU at all... I was surprised to see professors supporting APC during the last election...I now understood the reason why our universities are nothing to write home about.... grin grin grin
... I didn't vote last elections, because I couldn't just vote for Atiku; that man would have sold Nigeria, he made mention of enriching his friends and privatising nnpc during his manifesto, which to some and I inclusive, sounded strange. I understood then that people voted for buhari because Atiku wasn't a saint either, OBJ can testify to that fact first hand. presently, I DNT know what to think no more!

12 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by SirWarlock: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
Bukan20:

How can they be demanding for their own payment mode?

it's a total rubbish so FG needs to dissolve ASUU
Well that's a different story. But dissolving them? Nah it's not possible/wont work. For a country that seems to have limited academicians sad. It's going to be hard to do kind of mass sacking and then replacing them grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Bukan20: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
SirWarlock:
Well that's a different story. But dissolving them? Nah it's not possible/wont work. For a country that seems to have limited academicians sad. It's going to be hard to do kind of mass sacking and then replacing them grin

mtchwwww
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by African26(m): 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2020

16 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
ASUU is only doing FG a favour. The law says FG cannot pay university workers with IPPIS. The FG should have developed a platform to pay vasity workers if she no longer wants to use the one she has been using for years, GFMIS (I hope I got that acronym right). If FG does not want UTAS, let her develop her own new payment software that does not violate the law. Using UTAS is not by force!

8 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
embarassed embarassed
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by African26(m): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2020

6 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Brandonx(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Are they still on strike ? undecided
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Na una sabiiii
Sha no resume now
Na 1 jean I still get grin grin
But FG dey ment o

8 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by slawormiir: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Upinmymaserati(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
I thought they settled it na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. / Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.