Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? (595 Views)

The Short Sightedness Wahala / World First Dial Vision For Both Long And Short Sightedness. / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
Am a short sighted person, and it didn't start now, i noticed it when i was still a teenager..
In my secondary school days i always stay at the front row to be able to see the board properly.
I always feel bad when ever i can't recognize sm1 when they are not too far away, and not until when they are closer. And i think its getting worse.
Please doctors in the house, is there any solution to this predicament?? It makes me feel depressed when ever i can't read from the televion or had to bring my phone closer to my face.

Some people are telling me to go and run a test in the lab so that they can prescribe a glass or lense for me. But i don't want to use glasses as it will only make it get worse. There are also some supplements that i have come across but i don't knw how true is it.

Mods pls help me to get audience,
Please am begging.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Mutemenot(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
My Bro, the truth about eye is that once it has gone bad, it can never come back to the same. The only thing you can do is to manage it to avoid further damage ..
The earlier you accept glasses, the better ..remember not to add stress to it.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mutemenot:
My Bro, the truth about eye is that once it has gone bad, it can never come back to the same. The only thing you can do is to manage it to avoid further damage ..
The earlier you accept glasses, the better ..remember not to add stress to it.

this is devastating cry cry
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Mutemenot(m): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
GolDRoger:

this is devastating cry cry

Just accept it. You may just buy maxivision capsule, it's a bit expensive but it helps alot alot in preventing further damage .
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mutemenot:

Just accept it. You may just buy maxivision capsule, it's a bit expensive but it helps alot alot in preventing further damage .

Thanks alot,
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by DICKstractor: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
If you've been wearing corrective glasses right from the time you noticed it, I think it would have been corrected by now....

I stand to be corrected though.

But it's not big deal. Just get a perscribe glass and you will be fine
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Jimbadly: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
@GolDRoger, the only permanent cure for long sightedness or short sightedness is LASIK surgery on your eyes.

It's a procedure which makes the use of laser beam to correct your eye defects. It takes a few minutes to perform the surgery. And within 24 hours, your eyes will be back to 20 20 vision status.

I'm not sure if there's a Nigerian hospital that can perform the procedure yet. But you can save up enough money and travel to Britain, India or Dubai for it.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by ipex(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Start taking omega-3 fish oil. I had this same issue and I went for the test where glaucoma was detected. I could not afford their expensive medication but I started taking omega-3 fish oil and my vision is improving gradually. It been three months now
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jimbadly:
thanks alot for this. But that vision 2020 u mentioned cracked me up cheesy
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Jimbadly: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
GolDRoger:

thanks alot for this.
But that vision 2020 u mentioned cracked me up cheesy

It cracked you up cos it sounded like the ill fated year we're in? cheesy

But seriously speaking, 20/20 vision is a term used to express normal visual acuity (the clarity or sharpness of vision) measured at a distance of 20 feet. If you have 20/20 vision, you can see clearly at 20 feet what should normally be seen at that distance.

So you see, when you have 20/20 vision it means you have normal sight without long sightedness or shortsightedness. Consult google for more info.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by oluwagbenga98327: 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
:
thanks alot for this.
But that vision 2020 u mentioned cracked me up
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
ipex:
Start taking omega-3 fish oil. I had this same issue and I went for the test where glaucoma was detected. I could not afford their expensive medication but I started taking omega-3 fish oil and my vision is improving gradually. It been three months now
are u sure about this cause I would want to try it out. Pls how much does the oil cost? I don't think I know the oil well self. Hoping for ur reply.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mutemenot:

how much is the capsule?
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Mutemenot(m): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
AccessME:
how much is the capsule?

It comes in plastic bottle, with diff quantity . Then It used to be around N100 per capsule but you know as things has changed. U can check d prize on Jumia before going to any pharmacy .
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mutemenot:

It comes in plastic bottle, with diff quantity . Then It used to be around N100 per capsule but you know as things has changed. U can check d prize on Jumia before going to any pharmacy .
OK thanks
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
DICKstractor:
If you've been wearing corrective glasses right from the time you noticed it, I think it would have been corrected by now....

I stand to be corrected though.

But it's not big deal. Just get a perscribe glass and you will be fine
you mean glasses can actually correct it?
Why then are most people saying that it makes it worse, and once u started wearing it, no going back
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by GolDRoger: 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
ipex:
thanks alot, am begining to feel optmistic again, sm1 actually mention about fish oil, that its good for the eye
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by afterclinichrs: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2021
Currently laser vision correction surgeries such as LASIK is the only long term solution for short sightedness, hopefully in the near future there are more solutions available.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by Olusholamash(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
There is permanent solution to it through herbal means

1 Like

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Short Sightedness? by babaalagbo1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
GolDRoger:

dm me on telegram,text message or call me,I have solution for you permanently through herbal means,and you're going to thank me

(1) (Reply)

The Complete Herbal Cure For STDS / Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood / Patients To Sue Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.