Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused (45067 Views)

“There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel / I Just Opened My Piggy Bank ! / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Please help a brother I'm seriously confused right now.
employ me I will help you handle your chemist while you can go ahead with your new found employment....

My contact email: paulinyang911@gmail.com
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by PlaysNigeria: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Kasala

Let's wait for the elders. Off to. Soccer viewing

Wait a minute

Can you hire someone or make someone an offer to oversee your business while you inspect at the close of work each day, so you work and earn a salary and you can channel the salaries towards the growth, development and establishment of the business. This is how the veterans do it. Cause along the line you'll need scarce financial resources essential to have your business established

The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

Your WhatsApp link.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by umarshehu58(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
I am very sure you have already know what to do. And it is to employ someone and go for the employment job. Life is simple
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by RedPhoenix: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
PlaysNigeria:

Your WhatsApp link.

Check my signature
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by PropertyBuying(f): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
It's a decision between the 2 divides. Since you've already started your business, it might be better you stick to it to build it yourself. Else, you can employ the services of a trusted person that is skilled enough to run it for your for some time while you get to raise some money to establish and expand it more and then your resign to give it full time attention.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by adebayogodwwin17: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hire me, for your chemist business
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by tifelola(f): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Incase you decide to employ someone, I'm available for consideration..I have experience in the business as I have worked in a pharmacy before. You can reach me on ajayiomolola14@gmail.com
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Charly68: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Better work for yourself rather than using your strength to serve someone else..your future is bright as long as you can run with your vision..
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by eneyoduke(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:
geting a trusted hand to run your biz will be difficult.

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.
I hope the person location is not in Lagos if is in Lagos this advice is totally wrong, everybody know Lagos traffic are like 5/6 grin
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by nkemdi89(f): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Look for any Eliza nurse to run the business for you.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by nuelyoyo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Just kiss the business goodbye if you hire someone, start ups need thorough supervision by the owner of the business, you can employ someone only after the business has grown beyond what only you can handle, even at that you would still be present to monitor, direct and supervise.

You need to tell us the salary the new job will give to you, as against how much profit you can make from the business when it fully grows.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by armadeo(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Get someone to run it for you and be ready for weekly audit.

You stocked the shop so you should have a stock list.

It's difficult in nigeria to trust but I wouldn't want a business to die just like that.

Tou can close from work and land in the shop and even do daily audit let the person be selling.

Even some families dont trust themselves I'll have said get a sibling who isnt doing anything to man the shop.

Dont close that business for any reason.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

.were is the location br
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by deavicky(m): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.
if he does not leave in lagos. My advise is for u to get someone to run it. Also find a way to monitor the person.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by deavicky(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
People are every where looking for job, u are here depriving someone of his own job. You think the person that wants to employ u trust you?. The answer is no. but he just need somebody there so try and do same.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Kaycely: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Please, hirer someone to manage it for you but make sure you go and stay with him after work, by so doing you will monitor things urself for that period.
Take ur mind off the negativity, even if the person steal ur money....he can't steal more than he sells in a day n with ur close supervision, he/she won't take much of ur money.
The salary u will be getting from ur job will help you build the business

Running the business in d evening after work isn't feasible...you have to make ur food and other things after work n sometimes you won't close work on time and running d shop only in d evening will effect the growth of d biz, customers will term you unserious

The business is d real deal white collar job na scam.
Anybody working for you must eat ur money but with close supervision he won't take much....don't be discouraged just look at the bigger picture
Meanwhile, try getting a reliable person...there are still good people and also treat him/her well.

Give it a try

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Do you sell condom grin
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Sammiel: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
MajohBankz:

Uncle no go mumu o. You think say na grocery store you open ABI na spare parts? Unless you can employ a nurse or microbiologist, you either shut down permanently (since you just started sef) or bounce the job. E b like say u want make your apprentice start dey deform people left yansh.
Lol.. �. Not all chemist shops treat patients bro. Most just sell common drugs to the people.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by MajohBankz: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
Sammiel:
Lol.. �. Not all chemist shops treat patients bro. Most just sell common drugs to the people.
Okay na
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by lokoventurex1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
Don't ever quit that business!

Let me tell you my story or anyone interested might be encouraged.

I lost my job at a bank in Lagos in 2017 to a theft I knew nothing about. My story is still here on Nairaland. It's all about a missing $40,000.

I didn't get any job that marches that of the bank salary. I over applied, nothing good was forth coming.

I did a bus business in 2018, it didn't work. I lost a borrowed funds and the business died in no time. Was indebted to a loan company to the sum of 1.5M.

God used my in-law for me to pay back the loan. I eventually got a Job at a school in 2019 as their account officer. It promised to be paying 48k monthly. I had no choice than to take it.

It was nothing to write home about as the owner doesn't pay salary as at when due. It was difficult to live a good life with that salary., and I didn't want to do anything that won't glorify God's name. I had to resign from the job when I had not gotten another one.

This was during the lockdown. Although, I had conceived an idea to run a business platform again. I wasn't afraid to lose out again. Although, I did my feasibility study well this time around and prayed.

Unfortunately, I had no capital, but read on Nairaland how to start the business with or without your own cash. I followed the principle highlighted on Nairaland about the business. I sourced for funds and assistance from family and friends.

I got 150k and built a kiosk and got my tools. I won't forget to say I was lucky to get a strategic place to run the business here in Lagos.

The rest they say is story. I started the business without having a dime, but with people's borrowed funds.

I made 105k profit in my first month. This was in September. I have made 240k profit so far in October. It's beyond my comprehension..

If you're totally convinced about any venture, please don't hesitate to start it now!

My business is rampant in Lagos and every part of Nigeria, but was determined to start it and don't want to look for any damn job again..

I've paid 90% of all I borrowed and ploughed back the remaining profit to my running capital.

I hope this lifts someone's hope?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by gonkin(m): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
Double income. Get a trust worthy person to assist u. Make
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Philadelphia: 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Is the bolder really a problem?

Humans are generally known to show ingratitude.

By the way, your narrative doesn't add up.

Will you say you didn't apply or weren't aware that you'd get a job?
You just siddon na employment letter just fall on top your head abi?
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by ndeekay(m): 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kobicove:

Since the business is still new I will not advise you to give it to another person to manage for you...the person will just steal you blind see you have no way of telling the average amount you should be expecting daily as sales.

If you want to take the new job your best bet would be to go to work in the mornings then when you close for work in the evening you open your shop
very wise counsel.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by femi4: 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Combine both. Get someone to work for you. This is an opportunity for you to test run your entrepreneur ability
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Papsine(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
How much is the pay to start from there...
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Tigold01(m): 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Can you please tell me the location of the Business? If it’s in Abuja, let’s discuss on buying it from you or manage it for you. I’m a pharmacy graduate waiting for my license. Contact me on 08146798383
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Dreyton36: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
If I were in your shoes I'll accept the job offer and get someone to be in the shop , so you don't loose out on both sides

Anyway I think @iLegendd has something to say
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Cchuks27(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
Keep the job and find a way to run your side hustle.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by oshionelecky: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
If you are ready to do regular record keeping and stock taking, maybe every two days, then you just might succeed unless your employee empties your chemist at a go which is very unlikely to occur if there is a solid guarantor.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by junketer(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
I am just appalled at the number of people here advising OP on how to run chemist business while also working but no one has asked the op is he is qualified to run a chemist. Did op study this in school? Is he a pharmacist? What qualification does he have? Na wao.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by tightpussy156: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
If the work have job security you carry on if it doesn't forget that job man an don't be greedy. Go face your business before the job carry you go square one. Who quote me for telling this man the truth hug transformer
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by NNAMDIII(m): 10:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:

6-9 isn’t good, and we don’t even know how stressful the work will be, he should just look for a family member he trust to handle the business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Autumn Spikes: Dangote ‘Insultingly’ Offered Me $15,000 ‘Hush Money’ / Woman Kills Big Python, Sells It In Pieces In The Market (Photos) / Billboard Space Turned Into Office In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.