Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform (15829 Views)

Seven-month Strike Lingers As ASUU, Govt Fight Over Payment Platform / Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform. STRIKE CONTINUES / Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by sinkhole: 6:05am On Oct 29, 2020
October 29, 2020

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

For the second time in one week, the meeting between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities deadlocked on Wednesday  as they failed to agree on the payment platform to be used in disbursing the salary arrears and the N30bn Earned Allowance of the university lecturers.

The FG team led by the Minister of Labour and Employment,  Chris Ngige,  had offered to pay the salary arrears and the N30bn Earned Allowances of the university lecturers through the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System platform pending the roll-out of ASUU’s preferred platform, the University Transparency and Accountability Solution.

But the ASUU delegation led by its National President, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, insisted that the payment should be made through the UTAS.
Sequel to their failure to reach a consensus, the parties agreed to consult their respective principals and stakeholders and adjourned till next week Wednesday.

https://punchng.com/again-fg-ASUU-unable-to-agree-on-payment-platform/

1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by lindareep: 6:11am On Oct 29, 2020
E get why... undecided
The person ruling this country sef no smell university, so what do u expect

Meanwhile, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 29, 2020
Isn't it funny some set of adults keep going forth and back over something quite petty as this but yet they are the brighter generation? While ours is the messed up one. Shame on you idiots.

23 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Milkfactory: 6:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Another heartbreak... May be it's time to move on

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Ugaboy: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2020
Tell them not to announce any f∆cking meeting again...

This people are not ready.

Join the online free introductory class this Friday on

Programming/Coding
Data science
Database Management
Web Development
Mobile Development
Cyber-Security & Ethical hacking

Interested person should check my contact on my signature

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by joxxy01(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2020
Let them go to HELL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by paulolee(m): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2020
was their live n direct in abj...was just outside the location n with wat I saw yesterday I think its only the student protesting dt wud stop dis strike
saw sets of old men laughing and exchanging pleasantries after the meeting and some were even discussing business and the press men jus interviewed one or two of the ASUU members... was expecting to see strong faces of ASUU members storming angrily out of the meeting because of the many inconclusives and the prolonged strike.
they said they are fighting for the students BT am not sure going by what I saw dt yesterday....I jus pray things change.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2020
paulolee:
was their live n direct in abj...was just outside the location n with wat I saw yesterday I think its only the student protesting dt wud stop dis strike
Lolz u think so? oyo for u cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2020
it is God that will punish both
they re playing with the youth future here

1 Like

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Johnmax95(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2020
Deadlocked! to pay earned University Lecturer's allowance, yet we find it very easy to pay all the allowance of our political leaders, what a Nation.

I will design a business website for 10k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484.

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by gambia(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2020
This is Nigeria. Expect the Unexceptional.
Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by wunmi590(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2020

To those who are still student, I will advise you all to go and hussle or learn one better skill before you guys resume

ASUU is not joking this time around.

21 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by lomprico(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2020
B4? the FG dont intend ending the strike. They effort they made past weeks was because of the endsars protests. Now that the protest has seized they will tell ASUU to go to hell.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by BestJob5(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2020
This people don't really care about Nigeria students. It is well.

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by 5ine: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Enough is enough, let's protest

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Zagadonchairman(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2020
W
Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by livinbygrace: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2020
To every young Nigerian youths that just struggled to finished secondary school,if you are not well connected or not from a rich family ,no need of wasting your time in going to higher institution in Nigeria.Its better you go learn a trade,skill or handwork and once you are well established you can go back to school or find your way to leave this country.Do waste your time.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by haiti007(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2020

Make them kuku scrap tertiary education in Nigeria. It's almost a year since the closure of schools..

Some 2019 session newly admitted students self never resume lectures, then 2021 is about to kick-start their own process too

4 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by DropsMic(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2020
NIGERIA

Education = 2%
Security = 2%
health = 1%
But
Corruption = 200%

11 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by markkuss: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2020
nawa!!!
Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Decimus: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Pay them via POS.

10 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by lagusboyyy(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2020
I don't see how Nigerian university lecturers are different from their politician counterparts.

They are all the SAME!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Decimus: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2020
5ine:
Enough is enough, let's protest
Where's your NANS?

4 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by slawormiir: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
ASUU are bunch of miscreants and corrupt body

How do you dictate to you employers on how you want to be paid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by merrimas: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:
Pay them via POS.
But how?
Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by money121(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Lobatan
Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Sircarma99: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Their children are schooling abroad that's why is difficult to listen carefully to the cry of ASSU , What ASSU is asking for is going to improve educational system of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by healthbing(f): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
I want to cry embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Enskynelson(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
The only reason this problem has lasted this long is because ASSU just like everyone in this country are tired of the lies of the government. They have seen so much already. A government that signs agreements and years later, you still have to go on strike for them to fulfill their part of agreement... In this country, what we fight for most are what we are due- our rights and if you don't fight, nothing happens.
Cheers to all the young people out there suffering for the sins of bad leadership.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform by Dididrumz(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2020
Ok
Continue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTA Students Win National Mathematics Competition, To Represent Nigeria In Bulg / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School / Ijaw Youth Council Announce Candle Light Procession For Late Sylvester Oromoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.