Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG (83630 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday / MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Sunsets: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2020
This is all about protecting national policy through a trusted ally. Nigeria is not a trusted ally. Somehow the position of backers, both the US and EU, align with those who support nationalism on the American side and those who support Globalisation on the EU side.
Doraty1:

https://www.thecable.ng/us-why-we-oppose-okonjo-iwealas-election-as-wto-dg/amp

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by NigeriaB(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Lol...her response is mad...Kai okonjo na the real boss lady

Ah tell you
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
I knew it will come to this!!
It's beyond Experience Matters!

It's a Battle btw Globalist and Nationalist!

The Globalist are the ones pushing Madam okonji.
The likes of Bill gates, the guys pushing for a Nwo and one world government!
The Trump administration is the Bone in the neck of the Globalist!
Definitely The Trump administration will not Support who they support!
That is why they wanna wait until after the Election!

GOD is in Control!!
We keep watching to see what he allows

STFU please!

5 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by michoim(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

GOD is in Control!!
If madam Okonji will not support one world currency I think they might give it to her...

6 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:
This is not racism but because Nigeria is not a reliable ally. This was manifested in UN when Nigeria voted against USA and Israel.
Africans are not serious. So anytime someone does not agree with Africans it's because of racism? China support NOI which means automatic opposition from the US since Trump is US president. This is no longer Obama Era identity politics. This is now politics of interest and alliance. I think Iweala will win though

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by mvem(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:
This is not racism but because Nigeria is not a reliable ally. This was manifested in UN when Nigeria voted against USA and Israel.
it is about China
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Mathantics: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Why do TRUMP hate Africans and black so much! And unfortunately Nigerian Christians and the IGBO's love him with reckless abandone. God forbid!

Why do Fulani Jihadists and British hate us so much even though we don't share border but they are laying siege on us?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by shiwex: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
goaldynman:

Sharrrrap there!

Why do all Muslims hate Trump?

Especially Nigerian Muslims?!!!!
Trump deserves all the hate he is getting. Its only the Nigerian Christians/Igbo people that love him. Even American christians have now rejected him. He is so racist

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by colestephan86: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Doraty1:

https://www.thecable.ng/us-why-we-oppose-okonjo-iwealas-election-as-wto-dg/amp
Its called international politics, someone must also support the other lady, but the one Europe supports wins it all , most especially at this time Mr trumpet has being stepping on toes
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Mpanyi: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:

Just listen to yourself. Making lame excuses for una savior Trump.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Sunsets: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Edmanpumpin(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

GOD is in Control!!

FACT!!! You have just hit the nail on its head.
You can't expect the Nationalists as represented by President Trump to support one endorsed by the globalist Europe and China the U.S trade rival.
I see US dividing Europe with UK & some European countries falling in line, same with Japan, India and some South east Asian countries.
I pray it never comes to this and our own Dr. Okonjo iweala wins.

3 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by coast2sahara: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
We know that if the consencus decision fails, the next option will be an election and the US will need to convince other nations to be able to win for their condidate - the korean lady.

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by thatsleepboy1: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
when you thought you've seen it all. The USA may be right cos of the vote against them and ISREAL in the UN.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by mvem(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, the whole issue boils down on the political relevance of Nigeria to America!

South Korea is a very strong ally to America. The disagreement of the US supporting Nigeria is more political than the experience reason they are presenting.

If eventually they support NOI, it would be because she recently just got her American citizenship.

I heard Trump doesn't trust lifeless things! ... whatever that means to you
it is all about China

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ukahrawah: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Same way the US wanted a paradigm shift from the Washington establishment in 2016 and vote in Donald Trump. Too many expert cooks do end up with tasteless pot of soup. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is qualified for the job. The US is out to oppose any candidate supported by China.

4 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Righteousness89(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
michoim:

If madam Okonji will not support one world currency I think they might give it to her...
My Brother you right!
Madam okonji is well Qualified for the Job but she is a Front for the One World, one Currency guys..

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by goaldynman(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
SaintLucia:
[s]The most useless tribe in the world is Igbo. They carry Trump matter for head as if their Paradise in heaven depends on him and yet the same Trump doesn't even know whether their parents exist on earth. This is the same Trump and America that is denying their daughter who majority of Nigerians and the rest of the world supported to become the DG of WTO[/s].

You and your generation are the most useless thing walking the earth!

You must always see things in tribalistic perspective!

Thunder fire you and your generation there! Must the Igbos hate who you hate?

Useless headslammer! Take your terrorist life out of here!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by TecM0: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Awon weyrey

I personally hope Buhari reaches out to China

There is only two countries that controls world trade and it is USA and China

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Eteka1(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

GOD is in Control!!
For Trump, US trade imbalance is a very major issue. Trade with China, trade with Mexico, Canada etc. Therefore they have more than a passing interest in who heads the WTO and they would want that person to be from a country that is one of their strongest allies e.g South Korea.

3 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by mrdan(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020

“Minister Yoo is a bona fide trade expert who has distinguished herself during a 25-year career as a successful trade negotiator and trade policy maker. She has all the skills necessary to be an effective leader of the organization.

“This is a very difficult time for the WTO and international trade. There have been no multilateral tariff negotiations in 25 years, the dispute settlement system has gotten out of control, and too few members fulfill basic transparency obligations.

“The WTO is badly in need of major reform. It must be led by someone with real, hands-on experience in the field.”

This US argument can be used against them. Since there has been no negotiations for 25 Years and the Korean nominee also had a 25-year career in trade, it therefore means she's been in the system and part of it, what will she now do differently, but rather to continue the status quo.

Perhaps a different perspective is needed with having NOI in charge.

5 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Mpanyi: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

In all these! What is the RAPTURE is at Hand!
We Must Ensure we are Ready for it.
It's gonna be Suddenly!

GOD is in Control!!
We keep watching to see what he allows..

You need prayers

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided

This is ipob vs US..

Mumu! Sit back, relax and see Ipob winning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Lexicon123: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020
I think this 'veto' talk especially coming from the 'chief promoter' of democracy is ironically undemocratic. I can understand that in security related matters, but on this,...

Why should, one dissenting voice invalidate the views of everyone else? What happens if the US tries to exercise a veto power and the other world powers decide to do the same but with a different view?
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by membranus: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided

This is ipob vs US..

No.

ipob and trump, the US prez, are close paddy.
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Seebrian(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Congratulations Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala as the first female WTO DG. Once I don talk it is final. Who is USA?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by mvem(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Kirchoffs:
What do you expect when Nigeria is part of the Islamic league of nations
you guyz just say anything...this is basically all about China. US doesn't see Ngozi as someone that will favour their economic interest and Trump has been having issues with WTO especially on China trade deal....you guyz just bring absurd cooked up nonsense

3 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by thatsleepboy1: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
embrace the truth and forget about savior bullshit. He said the truth. Go and make your findings too.

Mpanyi:

Just listen to yourself. Making lame excuses for una savior Trump.
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by pacespot(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
I'm only trying to see how her election as WTO head will benefit Nigeria?
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Offpoint1: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's gonna be Suddenly!

GOD is in Control!!
Just stick to your preaching only, your opinion on real life matters is irrelevant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by k2money(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's gonna be Suddenly!

GOD is in Control!!
Hello buddy, don't you realize the rapture scam is no longer valid to people ear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by jaxxy(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2020
I understand where the US is coming from. It’s about the trade war. Smtn we haven’t really experienced before and will need a lot of guts to navigate and take hard decisions.

Can NOI handle that is what the US is very concerned about cos the trade war isn’t about to be over just yet.

Nigeria’s relationship with China also comes to play. Can NOI take an objective stance despite this and seeming loyalty or appreciation to Buhari’s Nigeria? These are the real US concerns.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Will Be Tough In The Next Four Years – Buhari / Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Obaseki: Governor Wike Shades Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.