Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 AM

US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG (83568 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday / MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Omezif(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2020
USA Chose the one they like, forget them, they have already made their own decissions. In any competition not every one will like you to win, some could like you while some could not, if there is a best among the competitors, he/she could get majority supporters that would like him/her to win like ngozi chukwu did.
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by igwe699(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2020
He actually said the truth leave religion out of this
360degreess:
.. This is pure mental slavery. The real definition of asslicking. This e-pastor is in love with his hater.

3 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ivolt: 9:59am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:
This is not racism but because Nigeria is not a reliable ally. This was manifested in UN when Nigeria voted against USA and Israel.
Trump worshipper. South Korea is not Washington's trade ally either. His real aim is to leave the WTO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Coldie(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2020
The reason sounds reasonable sha
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by kayjay69(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2020
I can understand why you believe what you typed but to think the Trump Administration is a force of good vs evil globalist forces out there is to admit how limited your knowledge horizon is. I will suggest you read more, learn more and have an open mind rather than spend all your time on white supremacist websites who are masquerading themselves as well meaning christians.

There are advantages and disadvantages to Globalism as there are to Nationalism. One is not necessarily better than the other. I could even argue that globalism is responsible for some of the things you as an individual enjoys today. Are you aware that corporations run the USA, and I mean both parties in the USA. Please how do you think corporations became so rich and powerful, you think it was by supporting nationalist ideas? It is sad that you cannot see Trump for who he truly is; a conman and a racist disguised as a populist and nationalist. If he did believe in his nationalist ideas, please tell me why would he be trying to setup hotels across the world and sub-contract some of his own company's manufacturing to china? Before you label me an anti-christ, go and read, learn and keep an open mind while doing so.

Now I get that you are in love with all things Trump but then every once in a while it never hurts to understand what you are supporting. Do not just listen to what is retorted, read and make up your own mind.
Righteousness89:
I knew it will come to this!!
It's beyond Experience Matters!

It's a Battle btw Globalist and Nationalist!

The Globalist are the ones pushing Madam okonji.
The likes of Bill gates, the guys pushing for a Nwo and one world government!
The Trump administration is the Bone in the neck of the Globalist!
Definitely The Trump administration will not Support who they support!
That is why they wanna wait until after the Election!

GOD is in Control!!
We keep watching to see what he allows

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Karleb(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2020
I really want this NOI appointment to materialize.
It'll will change our status all over the world.
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by SeekHim: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2020
Have you followed the ABC of Salvation today?

A-Acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner and that you cannot save yourself. Psalms 51: 5
B- Believe that it is only Jesus that can save you. Romans 10:10, Acts 4: 12
C- Confess your sins, repent from them and be converted (Never go back to them). Romans 10: 9. Call upon Jesus to forgive you and be saved today (Romans 10:13).

Follow these steps now please! Tomorrow may be too late! Death may come, Rapture may take place before you act! Don't delay!!!

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ivolt: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2020
360degreess:
.. This is pure mental slavery. The real definition of asslicking. This e-pastor is in love with his hater.
He is one of those evangelicals who thinks Trump is a god-incarnate. They will defend him with their lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by joefelin2345: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2020
BREYZ:
Whether US likes it or yes, Okonjo-Iweala will emerge DG, Work Trade Organization. I saw it and it shall come to pass.
I wish it is so but will that put Akpu on the table for an average Nigerians? What has an average Nigerians benefit from all these international appointments over the years? Just asking pls.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by stayclearofme: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, the whole issue boils down on the political relevance of Nigeria to America, which in recent times have been close to the zero percentile.

On the other hand, South Korea is a very strong ally to the US, and this is evident in the US military presence with over 14 military bases in the country. The US disagreement to support Nigeria's candidate is more political than the 'trade-experience' reason they are presenting.

If eventually they support NOI, it would be because she recently just got her American citizenship.

I also heard Trump's administration doesn't trust lifeless things! ... whatever that means to you
You are making sense until the last paragraph.
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Famofamo: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:
This is not racism but because Nigeria is not a reliable ally. This was manifested in UN when Nigeria voted against USA and Israel.

You are on point... Nigeria romance too much with eastern due to much northerners ruling Nigeria

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Shaprara: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2020
The okonjo-China connection is why America is not supporting her plus Trumps war against WTO.

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ivolt: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2020
The only reform Trump needs is to be able to dictate the terms of all agreement. In fact, the real plan of Trump is to destroy the WTO so it can bully weak countries into submission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided

This is ipob vs US..

and u always know the outcome!!last last na we go Carry the day
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Righteousness89(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2020
Eteka1:
For Trump, US trade imbalance is a very major issue. Trade with China, trade with Mexico, Canada etc. Therefore they have more than a passing interest in who heads the WTO and they would want that person to be from a country that is one of their strongest allies e.g South Korea.

My Brother forget that Trade talk!
If at all! Okonji iwela will be the one since she is a US Citizen!
It's beyond all that..
The Globalist are calling for a "Great Reset"!
Go search for the team of the Davis 2021 conference..
It's all about who decides World Economy !
They are pushing for Global One World! Global vaccination, Climate Change stuff,One World currency etc!
It's both Spiritual and Physical!
The likes of Gordon Brown, Bill gates, Rockefeller, Zuckerberg, Soros, and many others .
Trump is not for all that, at least for now!

3 Likes

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2020
360degreess:

Noah was said to be in mental slavery too until the rain came.

He who have an ear, let him hear says the word of the LORD.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Guestlander: 10:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Hehehe, I laugh at our naive brothers in the east who supports the most racist US president in recent history.
Adesina and now Ngozi. This is not a mere coincidence.
For those making excuses for the US regarding Korea being a strong US ally, Okonjo Iweala is also a US citizen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by ogabs20(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Where are all those people that were saying it was the USA that nominated her for the position. Some even said, the USA have to force Buhari to nominate her because he hates Igbos. Now the same USA are the ones fighting against her. But just like the Bible said, no weapon formed against her shall prosper. She has all the requirements to lead WTO and she will definitely come out of this battle victorious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
I knew it will come to this!!
It's beyond Experience Matters!

It's a Battle btw Globalist and Nationalist!

The Globalist are the ones pushing Madam okonji.
The likes of Bill gates, the guys pushing for a Nwo and one world government!
The Trump administration is the Bone in the neck of the Globalist!
Definitely The Trump administration will not Support who they support!
That is why they wanna wait until after the Election!

In all these! What is the RAPTURE is at Hand!
We Must Ensure we are Ready for it.
It's gonna be Suddenly!

GOD is in Control!!
We keep watching to see what he allows..
Can you back up this your conclusion with any Bible verse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Collyno82(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:
this is just pure international politics. Your position is as real as thunder
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Last last na Igbo go Carry the day!!
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Mathantics: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2020
colestephan86:

Its called international politics, someone must also support the other lady, but the one Europe supports wins it all , most especially at this time Mr trumpet has being stepping on toes

America will break West Africa out from the hand of European colonial masters.

Biafra will energe, then justice and equality will take over the world.

Biafra will deliver Africans from slavery.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by tsagir(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2020
AS A NIGERIAN I SUPPORT MAMA IWELA AND WISHED HER VICTORY , BUT BECOUSE OF IPOB LOVE FOR TRUMP I'm HAPPY FOR USA DECISION, BUT whatever be the case I STAND WITH MAMA NGOZI IWELA ( Dont mock my English HAUSA IS MY OFFICIAL LANGUAGE )
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by BreconHills(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:

Stop. It has nothing to do with Israel. How much trade does the USA do with Saudi Arabia which does not recognize Israel? It has everything to do with Trumps attempt to wrest multilateral institutions to his particular viewpoint on trade. A viewpoint that would hurt low income and emerging economies.

There is no multilateral institution that Trump agrees with.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by openuniversity5: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2020
Ok
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2020
with all that is happening recently in Nigeria ,most of the country that supported her would have a rethink on who lifeless Buhari nominated
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by hush15: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:

You have a point. I want to believe that US doesn't have confidence in Nigeria in the grounds that he doesn't believe in the Nigerian Presidency, he doesn't believe in NOI's promoters which is Bill and Melinda Gates also. His problem is not NOI, but the forces behind NOI.

He doesn't want what happened with African Development Bank to happen with WTO.

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Skyehigher1: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2020
American can not be dictate for the world because world is now global village, N-O-I , all the way there some country that lead , envying and hating America they did something to afdb adesina so America forget your relevant okay, okonjo iweala carry on I which you all the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by AnanseK(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
THUNDER4real:

The whole world voted against USA and Israel because of their policies.

So Nigeria needs to vote for tyrannical policies in order to get international appointments for its qualified citizens?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by mvem(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Famofamo:

You are on point... Nigeria romance too much with eastern due to much northerners ruling Nigeria
oga think with your head...it is about trade and interest. China is the issue here and US feels Ngozi won't suit their Trade interest for favour that of China

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by DenreleDave(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
ThEGodFaThEr101:

Mumu! Sit back, relax and see Ipob winning.

Ur parle na mumu
[img]https://media1./images/5f8dfea581d4584a5ba3634c9e3804b1/tenor.gif?itemid=10219906[/img]
Re: US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
contigiency:
If US succeed with this rigging. Then I see no reason other countries should not withdraw their membership from WTO. This is an eye opener to those who thinks Trump is interested in anything good about Nigeria. They went rejoicing and hailing Trump, simply because he insulted buhari. I wonder what they will do now that he is insulting our revered Okonjo Iweala.
Deep.... come back here after some days and I bet you same people will praise Trump if he channels his hate towards another person..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.