Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? (5003 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. / Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN / How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by rotimesh: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hi guys, I'm new here and need all the help-training I can get.
Could anyone give me a rough estimate of the cost of building a 4-flat(of 3-bedrooms each) generally?
I already have the approved plan but going to do some modification.
So, how much will it cost to get the modified plan approved.
It would like to be linked up with a quantity surveyor too. Thanks.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2011
Very simple task. But you need plenty of guidance so as not to make mistake. I suggest you read through the profile. You can send mail for specific direction. Many cheers!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by rotimesh: 5:01am On Mar 13, 2011
Thanks Ytechconst and design5 for your prompt response.
I wlll contact you in due course.
In the meantime, I have the following questions.
Is possible to get a modified plan approved? and how long does it take to get approval?
The approved plan is for a twin duplex.
I'd like to convert it to four flats
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 13, 2011
r
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2011
If you already have approval, there's no need seeking for re-approval again just because you modified the plan. The dynamics of the old design(twin duplex) and proposed modification(block of four flats) remains unchanged. It would have been very necessary I'd you are changing from a bungalow to this for instance or if you are adding more floors to what you have now. But if you insist, it is definately possible. Process is almost likes starting a new approval altogether.
But I will advice you to focus to adjust your design asap and focus on at least starting you building on time. Cheers!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2011
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 4 Flats(of 3 Bedroom Each) In Lekki? by Aventures(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2011
Sir, i will advice you as follow:
1. Contact a QS for the costing because cost of building is determine by various parameters. By so doing you will have a reasonable cost estimate.

2. As per changing the approved plan from twin duplex to four flats, the flats will be unreasonably small because d ground floor of a duplex contains Living rm, dinning, guest room and kitchen, then imagine hw that will be converted to a flat of 3-bd rm, sitting rm, kitchen, dinning, store. Also consider the location of the staircase, in variably to do the conversion succesfully there will be a change in dimension and partially in the the elevation. I have worked on several project in Osapa London, Ajah, Sangotedo, Badore and presently working in VGC, therefore i know hw problematic and thorough the approval people and (NTDA) are, if you are fortunate that your building is not pull down, i can assured you that what you will spend will be far more than what you will spend in getting new drawings and approval.

3. As a structral, construction and cost engineer, i will advice that you consider the stability and the safety of the proposed building because four flats is massive than twin duplex and knowing the soil condition of Lekki. Pls do not take chances. there are lotof building failing, if you care i can send you some pix of such buildings.
At ABIDOY VENTURES We offer quality designs, costing, and construction services. You can contact us at abidoyventures@gmail.com or 08023142108

(1) (Reply)

Amuwo-odofin Building Plans / The Making Of Premium Royal Gate / Wall Brackets, POP Light , Fence Light For Builders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.