Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism (625 Views)

Joel Cauchi: Sydney Mall Stabbing Suspect Identified By Police (Pics) / British MP, David Amess' Stabbing Confirmed As A Aterrorist Incident / Stabbing Attempt On Assimi Goita, Mali's Interim President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by womenareapes: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
Three people have been killed in a knife attack at a church in the French city of Nice, police say.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi said there had been a "terrorist attack at the heart of the Notre-Dame basilica".

One elderly victim who had come to pray was "virtually beheaded". A suspect was shot and detained shortly afterwards.

Mr Estrosi spoke of "Islamo-fascism" and said the suspect had "repeated endlessly 'Allahu Akbar' (God is greatest)."

President Emmanuel Macron is on his way to the scene. Anti-terror prosecutors have opened a murder inquiry and France raised its national security alert system to its highest level.

Mr Estrosi compared the attack to the recent murder of teacher Samuel Paty, who was beheaded close to his school outside Paris earlier this month.

Police have not suggested a motive for the attack in Nice. However, it follows days of protests in some Muslim-majority countries triggered by President Macron's defence of the publication of cartoons that depicted the Prophet Mohammed. There have been calls in some countries for a boycott of French goods.

Meanwhile, two further attacks took place on Thursday morning, one in France and one in Saudi Arabia.

A man was shot dead in Montfavet near Avignon after threatening police with a handgun. And a guard was attacked outside the French consulate in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. A suspect was arrested and the guard taken to hospital.

What is known about the attack in Nice?
Two of those who died were attacked inside the church, the elderly woman and a man who was found with his throat cut, reports said.

A woman managed to flee to a nearby cafe after being stabbed several times, but died later.

Image copyrightEPAFrench police officers stand at the entrance of the Notre Dame Basilica church in Nice, France, 29 October 2020
Image captionThe suspect was detained minutes after the attack at the basilica
It later emerged that a witness had managed to raise the alarm with a special protection system set up by the city.

Chloe, a witness who lives near the church, told the BBC: "We heard many people shouting in the street. We saw from the window that there were many, many policemen coming, and gunshots, many gunshots."

Tom Vannier, a journalism student who arrived at the scene just after the attack, told the BBC that people were crying on the street.

Four years ago Nice was the scene of another terror attack, when a Tunisian drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day on 14 July, killing 86 people.

source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-54729957?__twitter_impression=true
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by womenareapes: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
one will now know that Islam is truly a religion of terrorist
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Flexherbal(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
One elderly victim who had come to pray was "virtually beheaded". A suspect was shot and detained shortly afterwards.

Can a man fight for God?
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Righteousness89(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Prayers for France..
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by womenareapes: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Flexherbal:

Can a man fight for God?
that's the question we should be asking that religion of piss
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Marine54(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
Islam is number one problem of this world !
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Charleys: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Let's see their Islamic topics on Friday tomorrow.

Before I comment.
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by swiz123(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
Islam breeds extremism which is a fertile ground for terrorism... So, it is not out of place to be skeptical of anyone on a skull cap or hijab.
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by coolsegun2002: 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
na them.....they don’t disappoint when it comes to killing their fellow human being for no reason..

They have killed the man that showed cartoon but it’s not enough.....if you ask them now they will get angry and claim islamophobia .....

It still baffles me how millions of Muslims over the world are okay with this....Ask them now how they will feel if someone kills a Muslim in Jesus name ....they will avoid you
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Elsadam(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
Marine54:
Islam is number one problem of this world !

Religious bigot.
You forgot to include ipob Muslims idiots.
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Elsadam(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
coolsegun2002:
na them.....they don’t disappoint when it comes to killing their fellow human being for no reason..

They have killed the man that showed cartoon but it’s not enough.....if you ask them now they will get angry and claim islamophobia .....

It still baffles me how millions of Muslims over the world are okay with this....Ask them now how they will feel if someone kills a Muslim in Jesus name ....they will avoid you

Ipob that are killings people on a daily basis in the south are Muslims too mumu.
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by coolsegun2002: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Elsadam:

Ipob that are killings people on a daily basis in the south are Muslims too mumu.

I don’t understand you....first I’m not surprised u Muslim are always triggered when people complain about killing in the name of Allah and mohammed...

Incase u don’t know what the topic is....

A teacher was beheaded in France on religious insults.....And someone still entered church to kill several people...as follow up retaliation...

Are u saying ipob action in Nigeria is related to this killing in France?? Cos I don’t get why you are insulting me.....

I condemn all wrong acts... including ipob, government, etc.... sto what exactly is ur point or u just want to defend mohammed?
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
We call this Religious intolerance
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by Elsadam(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:

I don’t understand you....first I’m not surprised u Muslim are always triggered when people complain about killing in the name of Allah and mohammed...

Incase u don’t know what the topic is....

A teacher was beheaded in France on religious insults.....And someone still entered church to kill several people...as follow up retaliation...

Are u saying ipob action in Nigeria is related to this killing in France?? Cos I don’t get why you are insulting me.....

I condemn all wrong acts... including ipob, government, etc.... sto what exactly is ur point or u just want to defend mohammed?

Bro Religion shouldnt be judge by the attitude of some of it nominal followers Instead it should be judge by it teachings and how the teaching affect it followers.

Muslims are very peaceful and tolerant peaple. The problem with some of you is that u allow the media to succeed in puting sentiment and emotion in your mind that always cloud your judgement towards Muslim.

I guess u have never been to the north.
Re: France Attack: Deadly Stabbing In Nice 'is Terrorism by coolsegun2002: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Elsadam:

Bro Religion shouldnt be judge by the attitude of some of it nominal followers Instead it should be judge by it teachings and how the teaching affect it followers.

I agree with you it’s not okay to judge many by actions of few: but have u seen Christians condemn the wrong act of their fellow Christians? the reason why u see us packing you muslims in the same box is becos u don’t condemn this killings... infact many of you offline and online support it.. by saying it’s a beheading is a just retaliation for insult...there should be not justification for killing your fellow man unless he was about to kill you and u did it self defense.

Muslims are very peaceful and tolerant peaple. The problem with some of you is that u allow the media to succeed in puting sentiment and emotion in your mind that always cloud your judgement towards Muslim.

# Are u saying media is lying...?? That’s what happens in France is a lie, what if Nigeria.. some one is about to be executed for this same insult in Kano, a teacher has been beaheded in that same Kano seizing a Quran from a student that brought into the exam...I don’t get what you mean by we allow media cloud our mind....

Okay explain to me.... have u ever seen a Christian state before?? U are the ones that get to a place and want only your religion to dominate, infact you want your sharia law to be used... which is what is happening in the north in a democracy country... and yet you are saying you are peaceful...may be u should make me understand... u guys are quick to retaliate with violence when other people offend u, how isbthat peaceful..?? Tell me..is there no other way to settle insult becos I know mohammed and Allah ddnt tell u to kill in their name..

I guess u have never been to the north.

(1) (Reply)

Us Election Fraud / Negotiations: Russia Says It ‘will Not Give Up’ A Single Point To Ukraine / This Is Why Russia Targeted The Retroville Shopping Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.