Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation (56022 Views)

General Olusegun Adeniyi Faces Court Martial Over Social Media-Related Offences / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Owerri1stSon: 3:41am On Oct 30, 2020
tartar9:
What is his crime again? For saying that social media shouldn't be used for creating unrest and inciteful messages

What is his crime again? For saying that social media shouldn't be used for creating unrest and inciteful messages

Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by OMOJOHN001: 4:00am On Oct 30, 2020
Desmond of all people, what has he done and achieve so far, Nothing spectacular. just embezzlement of public funds.

Since we are all, and children are not meant to be on social media. please let un follow him ass in twitter.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by josephevergreen(m): 4:05am On Oct 30, 2020
Can't believe this is coming from a big celeb..and a honourable member like you sir(shame!!)
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Folzye(m): 4:32am On Oct 30, 2020
I have always told people, going into politics can be compared to eating the forbidden fruit Adam and Eve were instructed not to. Corrupts your soul and one you go black you can never go back.

I could recall in 2015 when APC displaced PDP, they used all available options to channel their propagandas against the Jonathan led administration then, Social Media, TV, Radio, even the terrorists group "boko haram" that just suddenly gone quiet now.

Now they want to regulate it grin... They have forgotten what "karma" is all about
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by tesppidd: 6:13am On Oct 30, 2020
Honesty I don't see what Desmond said that Is wrong?

Are people really saying that people should not be advised on how they use social media and the dangers of fake and inciteful news on social media?
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by crackhaus: 6:18am On Oct 30, 2020
Zlatan say na Desmond Iscariot... cheesycheesy
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Frankcallys(m): 6:27am On Oct 30, 2020
Ohoo... Now I know why Klint da drunk jokingly said the truth by calling him Desmond Idiot...sorry Elliott

Mr Idiot...sorry Elliott, you see you life?

Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by oruma19: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2020
Desmond could not apply wisdom when it was needed most. This day was the best day and time to be admitted in a hospital, he could have saved himself from Tinubu and the people at the same time. Mumu boy
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by themanderon: 7:33am On Oct 30, 2020
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by themanderon: 7:34am On Oct 30, 2020
He has bitten more than he can chew. There is a proverb that says if an individual cooks for the masses they will finish it and it won't go around but if the masses Cook for you, you are finished. Desmond has nailed his political coffin.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by CalabarPikin: 7:37am On Oct 30, 2020
southniyikaye:

Only God knows where reno omokri brings out his salvage replies from

Asin eehh

That guy is a salvage king
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by nirvana12: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by GeneralKoko(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
They are the reason we need to regulate social media.

There is one doctor that lives in London, presently he has been inciting hatred in Nigeria.

Must people agree with you

What makes influencers and celebrities now expert on politics.

So if you have lot of followers on social media then your opinions on politics matters.

Yes I know if this very doctor . I've been saying same thing to my sister . That guy takes the bashing above the mark . He's becoming a nuisance.
I saw a tweet of his bashing burna when burna refused to join the #RevolutionNow
Protest at first . He sounded so immature and unreasonable.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by ufuosman(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2020
Desmond don price and e go collect
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by owunabastard: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2020
Reno Omkiri said it all. That guy is intelligent and understand human psychology.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by stacyadams: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2020
Brandonx:
This boy must be very stupid, he wants to ruin his political career at this stage it's a pity.
That how he also meddled in the just concluded edo state election with his unguarded utterances.
grin grin grin grin

HE just Open mouth waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa talk any tin wey enter him brain
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Dblaiz(f): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2020
I thought this guy had a sensible head sitting on his shoulders..

kindly click on the link below for your aptitude and practice test..
https://myjobtests.com
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Aroyjunior(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Desmond Elliot has successfully joined the unfortunate set of shithole politicians. Everything he says these days are always shitty.

No wonder Patience Ozokwor was always on his neck whenever he marries any of her daughters in those Nollywood movies I watched back then.

You are very funny brother.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2020
helinues:

Banky W

He was no where to be found during the end SARS protest...

But he made a good song
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Malawicoins: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2020
I came too late, but this guy is a big fool. And I tell you the truth almost every Nigerian youth will still enter into the government house and become stupid except this system is dissolved.

Our utmost prayer is there should be no Nigeria, and anyone who try to uphold it existence is an enemy of progress. If it must be sustained then true federalism must emerge.

All southern, western, eastern and mid belt politicians are paid to sell their people unknowingly. They collect better pay when in politics, while their people suffer from all kinds intimidation and partiality.
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Malawicoins: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Dblaiz:
I thought this guy had a sensible head sitting on his shoulders..

kindly click on the link below for your aptitude and practice test..
https://myjobtests.com
the way he talked in that video portrays him as an unintelligent hungry youth
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by mentored: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
bencr7:
abeg shut up there, d same social media they use to get to power, and again those celebrity are better and useful in d society than ur senseless brain

tell o jarrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SHUTTHE Bleep UP
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Allansmith: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
In my opinion,I don't know but I think when one resumes to any of this political office,The game changes and it takes the grace of God to be transparent in dealings and relating with people, Which is why during the EndSars that held all across the Country,No leader was fixed to head everyone as we all understand that once there is a leader it becomes very easy to buy off such a person and once that is done,the followers has lost their voice....

Desmond is a cool dude but like alot has said in different was that he was actually trying to find a face for the next political term but was quick to forget that he got into that same position with the help of the Youth that turned "Children" over night....

One prayer we should pray is that Lord helps us to tame our tongue so as not to get us in trouble...like that populy saying now rephrased "Whatever you do or say now would be used against in the forth coming elections"...

So help us God!!!

helinues:
Desmond eediot is only protecting his political ambition.

Banky W that wasn't appointed for commissioner of environment was busy cleaning Lagos street just because he was contesting for a political position

He was no where to be found during the end SARS protest...

The likes of Aquila and Akin Alabi have also lost their voices.

Majority of our Politicians are the product of youths of No tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Allansmith: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
The way and manner at which it was said I guess, For a couple of weeks,if not months now, Nigeria and Nigerians are tensed up at the moment so one needs be careful at which one talks lately....People are angry...

tartar9:
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Ishilove: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
The video I watched did not show Desmond pushing for social media regulation. Abi is there another video?
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Gloria042(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
He(Desmond)must have been in a war between his conscience and being subservient to his boss(Tinubu).
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by collinsdeity: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Tutorial on how to apply for 2020 Fed Govt Grant on Facebook https:///37ZCOMW
Re: Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation by Horus(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CudyStyuE

Desmond Elliot Break Down in Tears on Arise News

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: DSS Arrests Foreigners For Taking Pictures Of High Court / Ekweremadu's Handshake At Emeka Offor's Father's Burial (photos) / Voters Started Queuing Up In Kano Since 2:00 Am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.