Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi (35994 Views)

Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG / IPPIS: FG Says Lecturers Enrolling, Despite ASUU’s Opposition / IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by MrAmaechi(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
sinkhole:
Yes of course! And mind you, if you visit, you will only be given a sealed salary of around #100k! And this is the reason why some lecturers go to as many places as they could, so they could accumulate #100k!

whats is Max number of places you can be a visiting Lecturer according to the university act 1993 you quoted earlier
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Coronavirus84: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=Collinsemegreat post=95505917][/quote]
No till today, IPPIS staff is yet to balance up the deducted amount since the month of April, 2020 till as am typing dis now
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
yellowman2225:

The question you need to ask yourself is this.
Why is NA, NPF, NPA, NNPC, FIRS,NAF , CBN, NNPC, Judiciary, Politicians, not on the IPPS Payment Platform?

FGN just categorized everyone to be stripped of benefits and packed them all like SARDINES under IPPIS.

I Will only support the FGN in the day I heard NNPC, CBN And the Armed forces are on IPPIS

I don't think we need to involve those other workers for now. We are concerned about ASUU and their insistence not to be on IPPIS.
I have simply asked why they don't want it and I have not received an answer yet.
I am sure the answer can not be -"because NNPC staffs are not on it".
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by NairaMaster1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:
If you believe this lies, you can believe anything.
The last salary my uncle collected was 12k. A professor and Buhari supporter.

He almost pass out. I celebrated that stuff eeh. With all his knowledge he believed Buhari is the Messiah.

He boycott ASUU directives for that enrollment.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
weyreypey:

You cannot. Unless you stop being deliberately s.illy

This is a sign of emptiness. Someone has asked a simple question, stated in very clear signs.
Your first and only sentence in response is an abuse.
And we will gather and abuse Adesina and other political appointees for talking down at people.

Is it that we go d it difficult to make intelligent discussions? Countering proposals with well thought responses?
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by weyreypey: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
bskyb:

This is a sign of emptiness. Someone has asked a simple question, stated in very clear signs.
Your first and only sentence in response is an abuse.
And we will gather and abuse Adesina and other political appointees for talking down at people.

Is it that we go d it difficult to make intelligent discussions? Countering proposals with well thought responses?

No time for shalaye
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Praiselinks: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
onyxo76:
that's where they are going, ever wondered what happened to the public primary and secondary schools of those days?

Honestly! Then Primary six had great value....Now, it's pathetic.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
ChiefS:

It negates the law governing Universities. The principle of autonomy which took ASUU many years of strike . It does not capture the peculiarities of lecturers. Lecturers have specific allowances that support publishing in journals and attending conferences. A lecturer is expected not only to teach but do research which should be published in journals and presented at conferences. The cost of publishing in local journals range between 35 and 100k. While open access international journals cost between $1,000 and $2,500. This he does using his lean salary. No lecturer is promoted without having a good number of publications in local and international journals. The mantra in academics is "publish or perish".

Those attributing lecturers' rejection of IPPIS to their visiting status to other universities are not aware that the lecturers that serve as visiting lecturers are mostly visiting lecturers to private and state universities which are NOT on IPPIS. So it is impossible for IPPIS to detect it.

Also, IPPIS does not take into consideration other peculiarities like visiting lecturers from foreign universities whose services are required to support some departments that need their expertise. Universities all over the world don't operate in isolation.

Thank you for taking your time to respond in a responsible, intelligent manner.

My counter response is as follows:

I am aware of the ASUU's stance on university autonomy, which is great. But, changing the platform of payment of salaries (which is what FG is proposing) does not stop that. It is like an employer stating that he will now pay using Oracle backed platform rather than Microsoft. Now, imagine the employee getting angry because of that.

Yes, lecturers have peculiarities (research allowance, sabbatical, visiting, earned allowance etc) and they are entitled to it. However, it has been shown that IPPIS can cater for those as well. I do not want to disclose where I work or what I do. But, I know quite well that lecturers who registered on IPPIS are being paid these allowances without any issues.
Also, health workers have peculiarities, all of which are captured o. This same IPPIS. They go on sabbatical, visiting, collect call duty allows, are members of co-op societies etc.

Bro. I am a well published researcher, and I know what the costs are like. You were even conservative to an extent for the high impact foreign journals.
As I wrote earlier, they deserve the allowances they get and more. The issue I raised is that these allowances can be catered for on IPPIS as it is being done for other workers with such peculiarities.

As per visiting scholars from foreign universities etc. It can be taken care of.
Healthworkers , particularly doctors go to other hospitals for these things and are captured. Same way, people come from abroad and are taken care of.

IPPIS is a platform, just like UTAS is a platform. Both can be adjusted to fit what you want. After all, they were both made by humans and as the saying goes (na the person wet make pencil also make the eraser).

I had really thought that ASUU will use this opportunity to ask for salary increment and other allowances, rather than fighting over the platform of payment.

As per people taking up visiting. I wish it was only 1 or 2 visits that people take up per month. There are people who visit 4-5 places. I am aware of a department with 6 academic staffs on paper, but only 2 are on ground, all others visit from another place. Meanwhile, this same department has post-grad people looking for jobs. Those 4 people are occupying their spaces.

I look forward to reading your response.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
weyreypey:

No time for shalaye

Lol.....

You may wish to read my response to Chiefs.
He is an example to follow.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bioman: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Rahym001:
All this lecturers that collect salary from more than two different institutions in the name of Sabbatical,, Adjunct, visiting

Mr A is on sabbatical leave in University 1

Mr A is an Adjunct Lecturer in University 2

Mr A is a visiting Lecturer in University 3

While Mr A is a Senior Lecturer in University 4

That's why unemployment is rampant in the land
how many unemployed Ph.D holders do you see?
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bioman: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:
you know nothing about the system. My friend got 5000 naira in the last payment in May 2020.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by reiddecuti: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2020
Good as everyone dey receive the heat. Next time, we all will do the right thing to avert tragedy like Mmuo-na-mmadu Buhari as his government.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by weyreypey: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
bskyb:

Lol.....

You may wish to read my response to Chiefs.
He is an example to follow.
you're not worth the effort

Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by frog12: 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
you just make me laff!

NairaMaster1:

The last salary my uncle collected was 12k. A professor and Buhari supporter.

He almost pass out. I celebrated that stuff eeh. With all his knowledge he believed Buhari is the Messiah.

He boycott ASUU directives for that enrollment.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by ChiefS(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
bskyb:

Thank you for taking your time to respond in a responsible, intelligent manner.

My counter response is as follows:

I am aware of the ASUU's stance on university autonomy, which is great. But, changing the platform of payment of salaries (which is what FG is proposing) does not stop that. It is like an employer stating that he will now pay using Oracle backed platform rather than Microsoft. Now, imagine the employee getting angry because of that.

Yes, lecturers have peculiarities (research allowance, sabbatical, visiting, earned allowance etc) and they are entitled to it. However, it has been shown that IPPIS can cater for those as well. I do not want to disclose where I work or what I do. But, I know quite well that lecturers who registered on IPPIS are being paid these allowances without any issues.
Also, health workers have peculiarities, all of which are captured o. This same IPPIS. They go on sabbatical, visiting, collect call duty allows, are members of co-op societies etc.

Bro. I am a well published researcher, and I know what the costs are like. You were even conservative to an extent for the high impact foreign journals.
As I wrote earlier, they deserve the allowances they get and more. The issue I raised is that these allowances can be catered for on IPPIS as it is being done for other workers with such peculiarities.

As per visiting scholars from foreign universities etc. It can be taken care of.
Healthworkers , particularly doctors go to other hospitals for these things and are captured. Same way, people come from abroad and are taken care of.

IPPIS is a platform, just like UTAS is a platform. Both can be adjusted to fit what you want. After all, they were both made by humans and as the saying goes (na the person wet make pencil also make the eraser).

I had really thought that ASUU will use this opportunity to ask for salary increment and other allowances, rather than fighting over the platform of payment.

As per people taking up visiting. I wish it was only 1 or 2 visits that people take up per month. There are people who visit 4-5 places. I am aware of a department with 6 academic staffs on paper, but only 2 are on ground, all others visit from another place. Meanwhile, this same department has post-grad people looking for jobs. Those 4 people are occupying their spaces.

I look forward to reading your response.

Thanks for your intelligent response as well. The relationship between ASUU and Government has not been smooth because of the inability of government to honour several agreements in the past. The truth is that Nigerians generally not just ASUU take government's promise with a grain of salt. The last endSARS protest is a typical example. University Autonomy recognises the Governing Council as the employer and each university is supposed to have its own council. If the government is truly sincere, they should modify the platform for the few lecturers that enrolled in IPPIS to capture these peculiarities. The payslip of lecturers on IPPIS does not reflect any modifications to capture these peculiarities. Some lecturers who have been on IPPIS for almost a year are seriously regretting it as everything is muddled up and these allowances are taxed heavily. If the government is not interested in UTAS, why did they give ASUU the go-ahead to develop the software if they knew they had no plans to accept it. Consider the time and resources spent.
The bureaucracy in the civil service can actually kill academics. Due to regulations on TSA, it took me 1 year to buy a software through the Central Bank from abroad for a research work whose timeline was one year. A lecturer was supposed to receive a travel grant sponsored by a foreign government. The money routed through CBN because of TSA the money never came throughout the period of the training abroad between May and July last year. This frustrated the purpose of the training. As I type, he has not received the balance as he was told they had to reprocess the documents due to the inferno at CBN during the lockdown. These are some of the terrible experiences of many lecturers.

While I can't defend lecturers that take up too many visiting positions, the blame lies with the government. ASUU has advised the government to stop the proliferation of universities. We do not have the manpower to support this flagrant proliferation. The present government while in opposition criticised the Jonathan administration for establishing 8 new Federal Universities. Now they have done worse establishing transport university, army university, etc for political reasons instead of expanding facilities in current university. So where will the manpower come from? Some of the new universities especially some private universities are purely glorified secondary schools. Hope things will not get so bad very soon like in one of our neighbouring countries where they have universities that have only one building with Vice chancellors without a PhD.

I also think the salaries should be increased. The salaries of lecturers are extremely poor and not competitive with other African countries.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Mosco100(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:
Some of my lecturers are currently bankrupt, OK?
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Chibueze90: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
bskyb:

I don't think we need to involve those other workers for now. We are concerned about ASUU and their insistence not to be on IPPIS.
I have simply asked why they don't want it and I have not received an answer yet.
I am sure the answer can not be -"because NNPC staffs are not on it".
let me explain to you the reason why ASUU reject IPPIS.
first, FG brought up an idea of ipps 11yrs ago (2009) to be implemented to all MDAs, which is good idea but then some discrepancies in ipps was detected that might not suit ASUU payment , because ipps platform is just like a Excel data sheet format in which EVERY ALLOWANCE paid to every workers is present there but it was seen that some organization allowance peculiarities were not included in the platform..Now I believe that fg Should have confirmed ,amend, add and correct the necessary abnormalities in the platform but they failed to do necessary adjustment SIMPLY because the software was built by word bank with billions of naira and for them to adjust anything on the platform, they need to contact world bank and pay another huge billions for the correction, the reason is that the BACKEND OR IPPIS DATA BASE IS NOT IN NIGERIA (lol).. very pathetic
secondly.. from my careful investigation..I came to understand that lecturers salaries were consolidated.. ie their salary comprises of basic salary and peculiar allowance.. now this is where there is confusion, lecturers re claiming that TAX should be deducted from there basic salary but ippis is deducting taxes on both there basic and allowance because lecturers salaries are consolidated but ippis is seeing there consolidated salaries as basic, hence the deduction's.
Also lecturers claim that there promotion is not stationary..ie lecturers promotion are not base on hw many yrs u re in the institution but it depends solemly on the more certificate u aquire ( msc ,PhD, ) and also quality journal published..now after you ve gotten the necessary documents and qualifications due for promotion, you will be appraised by your Dept, faculty n finally school Senate before u will be promoted.this can happen at any month of the year, but ippis mode of promotion is stationary, Ie, promotion is sessional , maybe two times or once every yr, if u miss that particular month or period, you wait till next year even when you're qualified for promotion.
Another stuff I also discovered is that ippis office is only situated at Abuja, any complaint by lecturer, eg in unilag base on mistake or error in payment will require the person to travel from Lagos to Abuja, lodge in a hotel for days until the person is attended to Compared to there formal method of operandi in which lecturers can simply go to there burser for any complaint and they will be attended to at no risk and expense
And lastly...
i can confirm to you that since ippis has been paying universities staff salaries, they haven't provided the payslips to the workers... technically if you need payslip, you go to Abuja to collect it..

I hope this help

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Chibueze90: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
And for those asking how can ASUU dictate to fg on how there salaries should be paid?

The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 (otherwise called the Universities Autonomy Act No. 1, 2007) enacted by the National Assembly and signed into law on 10th July 2003 and later gazetted by the Federal Republic of Nigerian Official Gazette No. 10, Volume 94 of 12th January 2007 as Act No. 1 of 2000, vested "the powers of managing personnel and payroll system issues in the hands of each university’s governing council".

This Act has not been repealed by Buhari's government.
The OAGF is NOT vested with the power to manage the payroll of public universities through IPPIS.

Those who have argued that ASUU cannot dictate for the Federal Government how they should be paid must be educated on this reality. Ignorance seems to be gaining grounds in the country.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by onyeka205(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 (otherwise called the Universities Autonomy Act No. 1, 2007) enacted by the National Assembly and signed into law on 10th July 2003 and later gazetted by the Federal Republic of Nigerian Official Gazette No. 10, Volume 94 of 12th January 2007 as Act No. 1 of 2000, vested "the powers of managing personnel and payroll system issues in the hands of each university’s governing council".

The OAGF is NOT vested with the power to manage the payroll of public universities through IPPIS.

Those who have argued that ASUU cannot dictate for the Federal Government how they should be paid must be educated on this reality. Ignorance seems to be gaining grounds in the country.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by gp6liveth(m): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/ippis-fg-paid-some-professors-n8000-as-monthly-salary-ASUU-president/

I saw a post in Channels TV Facebook page where a lady said she was paid 30k as salary even when she has not even enrolled on IPPIS as academic staff. This shows that IPPIS is full of flaws, and as such should be discarded.

Our govt is just being insensitive and wicked to the plight of the masses
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chibueze90:

let me explain to you the reason why ASUU reject IPPIS.
first, FG brought up an idea of ipps 11yrs ago (2009) to be implemented to all MDAs, which is good idea but then some discrepancies in ipps was detected that might not suit ASUU payment , because ipps platform is just like a Excel data sheet format in which EVERY ALLOWANCE paid to every workers is present there but it was seen that some organization allowance peculiarities were not included in the platform..Now I believe that fg Should have confirmed ,amend, add and correct the necessary abnormalities in the platform but they failed to do necessary adjustment SIMPLY because the software was built by word bank with billions of naira and for them to adjust anything on the platform, they need to contact world bank and pay another huge billions for the correction, the reason is that the BACKEND OR IPPIS DATA BASE IS NOT IN NIGERIA (lol).. very pathetic
secondly.. from my careful investigation..I came to understand that lecturers salaries were consolidated.. ie their salary comprises of basic salary and peculiar allowance.. now this is where there is confusion, lecturers re claiming that TAX should be deducted from there basic salary but ippis is deducting taxes on both there basic and allowance because lecturers salaries are consolidated but ippis is seeing there consolidated salaries as basic, hence the deduction's.
Also lecturers claim that there promotion is not stationary..ie lecturers promotion are not base on hw many yrs u re in the institution but it depends solemly on the more certificate u aquire ( msc ,PhD, ) and also quality journal published..now after you ve gotten the necessary documents and qualifications due for promotion, you will be appraised by your Dept, faculty n finally school Senate before u will be promoted.this can happen at any month of the year, but ippis mode of promotion is stationary, Ie, promotion is sessional , maybe two times or once every yr, if u miss that particular month or period, you wait till next year even when you're qualified for promotion.
Another stuff I also discovered is that ippis office is only situated at Abuja, any complaint by lecturer, eg in unilag base on mistake or error in payment will require the person to travel from Lagos to Abuja, lodge in a hotel for days until the person is attended to Compared to there formal method of operandi in which lecturers can simply go to there burser for any complaint and they will be attended to at no risk and expense
And lastly...
i can confirm to you that since ippis has been paying universities staff salaries, they haven't provided the payslips to the workers... technically if you need payslip, you go to Abuja to collect it..

I hope this help

You have made great points .
My response is below:

You mentioned that ASUU has peculiar allowances which other civil servants do not have. The hospital workers also have special allowances, the most popular of which is the hazard allowance . They are on IPPIS. Therefore, adjustments to the platfo6can be made and I believe it can be made easily. Why?
Recently a new cooperative society was created and a column was created for deductions. I am sure the said cooperative society was not include ab initio by World bank and I a sure FG will not spend billions to have a local coop society with a net value of 30 million Naira incluuded on IPPIS

Doctors and many other health workers salaries are also consolidated, that's why doctors' salary scale is called CONMESS (consolidated Mesdical Salary Scale) same with CONTISS, CONUAS and others.
Yet, they are not complaining of over taxation.

My bro, the implementation of promotion is not stationary on IPPIS. Various organization's do their promotion exams at different times of the year and they get their promotion dues and arrears as necessary. Till now, there is no unified date or period for promotion exams. This point is one I am hearing for the first time. Even FG will not want to turn promotion exams into Jamb , where admissions are done once per annum.

Yes, the central office is located in Abuja. However, there is a local institution IPPIS corresponding officer who is primarily trained for that purpose. He /she remains a direct employee of the parastatal or MDA. They are usually chosen from the finance dept. That is how changes to cooperative society deductions etc are done without you having to go to Abuja.
The main difference is that there is a limit to the approval that the local officer can make and his actions are vetted regularly.

As per the pay slips, we seem to have different experiences. Payslips are available over here. It is still hush hush because it is only the people that "went behind " to register that are being paid. Understandably, no one wants to expose his pay slip.

Let me have your opinions on the above.

### I am I the system and well embedded, so I should know some things first hand
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by tbest0213(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
If you are a government worker never pray to have problem with IPPIS. Those guys are heartless and wicked even An Army General they hear. For there hand.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Chibueze90: 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
bskyb:

You have made great points .
My response is below:

You mentioned that ASUU has peculiar allowances which other civil servants do not have. The hospital workers also have special allowances, the most popular of which is the hazard allowance . They are on IPPIS. Therefore, adjustments to the platfo6can be made and I believe it can be made easily. Why?
Recently a new cooperative society was created and a column was created for deductions. I am sure the said cooperative society was not include ab initio by World bank and I a sure FG will not spend billions to have a local coop society with a net value of 30 million Naira incluuded on IPPIS

Doctors and many other health workers salaries are also consolidated, that's why doctors' salary scale is called CONMESS (consolidated Mesdical Salary Scale) same with CONTISS, CONUAS and others.
Yet, they are not complaining of over taxation.

My bro, the implementation of promotion is not stationary on IPPIS. Various organization's do their promotion exams at different times of the year and they get their promotion dues and arrears as necessary. Till now, there is no unified date or period for promotion exams. This point is one I am hearing for the first time. Even FG will not want to turn promotion exams into Jamb , where admissions are done once per annum.

Yes, the central office is located in Abuja. However, there is a local institution IPPIS corresponding officer who is primarily trained for that purpose. He /she remains a direct employee of the parastatal or MDA. They are usually chosen from the finance dept. That is how changes to cooperative society deductions etc are done without you having to go to Abuja.
The main difference is that there is a limit to the approval that the local officer can make and his actions are vetted regularly.

As per the pay slips, we seem to have different experiences. Payslips are available over here. It is still hush hush because it is only the people that "went behind " to register that are being paid. Understandably, no one wants to expose his pay slip.

Let me have your opinions on the above.

### I am I the system and well embedded, so I should know some things first hand

I fancy interacting with a learned,mature mind because I learn one or two things from the convo.
Thank God you're in the system.

Now my replies and question base on facts because I don't believe in assumption's.

First, it shows that u acknowledge that there are discrepancies on ippis platform towards payment of universities salaries,
Now can you kindly tell me hw many yrs do you think it will take ippis to rectify those errors cos from fact shown, non of the staff has received there supposed full payment and if peradventure the platform can be corrected, why is it taking them so long to do the necessary adjustment if it can be done easily? my oga, seeing is believing, if ippis platform works perfectly, it will be easier to convince ASUU..

secondly, if miracle happens and ippis was rectified, who will bear the arrears accumulated due to ippis errors?

Thridly, the location institution ippis corresponding officer office is located where?
( Abuja or universities)

I can confirm to you sir that since ippis has started paying salaries since Feb, NO PAYSLIP HAS BEEN ISSUED TO ANY STAFF IN MY UNI.
I will humbly wait for your reply.
Thanks
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by calcal: 12:33am On Oct 31, 2020
It is not by force Mr. professor, go get another job.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by neo25(m): 4:34am On Oct 31, 2020
If ASUU is fighting against IPPIS, what are the Polytechnic Lectures and Non-academics doing to assist ? Are they under the ASUU?
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Decimus:
The students won't be the only ones to suffer. ASUU will suffer too, they can't hold the FG to ransome.
U think so? cheesy
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Slurity(m): 6:29am On Oct 31, 2020
sinkhole:
grin grin So, do you have a rebuttal?
You don't have to have any rebuttal, A government that pay 30,000 monthly to Npowerwill not pay 8,000 to lecturers. It's a common sense
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by sinkhole: 7:08am On Oct 31, 2020
Slurity:
You don't have to have any rebuttal, A government that pay 30,000 monthly to Npowerwill not pay 8,000 to lecturers. It's a common sense
this is called "fallacy of hasty generalization", if government could pay house members hundreds of thousands of naira monthly then why can't they pay minimum wage of #100k?
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by bskyb(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2020
Chibueze90:

I fancy interacting with a learned,mature mind because I learn one or two things from the convo.
Thank God you're in the system.

Now my replies and question base on facts because I don't believe in assumption's.

First, it shows that u acknowledge that there are discrepancies on ippis platform towards payment of universities salaries,
Now can you kindly tell me hw many yrs do you think it will take ippis to rectify those errors cos from fact shown, non of the staff has received there supposed full payment and if peradventure the platform can be corrected, why is it taking them so long to do the necessary adjustment if it can be done easily? my oga, seeing is believing, if ippis platform works perfectly, it will be easier to convince ASUU..

secondly, if miracle happens and ippis was rectified, who will bear the arrears accumulated due to ippis errors?

Thridly, the location institution ippis corresponding officer office is located where?
( Abuja or universities)

I can confirm to you sir that since ippis has started paying salaries since Feb, NO PAYSLIP HAS BEEN ISSUED TO ANY STAFF IN MY UNI.
I will humbly wait for your reply.
Thanks

You have asked pertinent questions.

Yes, IPPIS typically has teething problems. It usually takes 3 to 6 months for errors to be corrected. This shouldn't be. Our usual lackadaisical and unprofessional way of treating others is the usual culprit.
I will project that UTAS will not be without such problems, because it is the same Nigerian worker who will prepare it and input the necessary values.
Staffs here (where I work) are receiving their full salaries. I won't say all, because peope are keeping the fact that they registered under wraps, but those that are my close friends are receiving full salary.

Once rectified, the arrears are paid by FG. The other point people haven't really spoken about is that some staff actually get paid more than they are supposed to be paid. They get deductions over succeeding months as the system gets regularized.

The trained IPPIS staffs who form a loason between local institutions and Abuja central office are primarily employees of the local institution and they work within it. Their offices are located in the local institutions and not Abuja.
For example, increases in cooperative payments, temporary stoppage of salaries for those on leave of absence etc is done within the same month of request in most hospitals right now.

There are often local forces against IPPIS, and the reason is usually because it reduces the amount of monies that institutions can steal from having ghost workers, improperly placed staffs etc.

I am aware of institutions where the monthly wage bill was reduced by about 50 million when IPPIS was introduced. It totalled almost 1 billion Naira annually.

Secondly, for people looking for jobs, it encourages institutions to employ as they have no incentive for keeping spaces. (They are said to keep ghost workers on , in order to continue using the personnel costs for other things) .
Remember there were news articles on these things.
In fact, a Teaching Hospital in the southwest hurriedly employed staffs to fill up the spaces at the advent of IPPIS.

You may also recall that resident doctors also felt the same way about IPPIS initially. They fought against it. In fact, it started around 2012 and then was stopped because the association of resident doctors fought against it. Fast forward to 2015/2016, the same resident doctors association started fighting for it, when they saw that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and that the rejection of IPPIS only truly favoured the management of institutions, who allegedly used the excess monies inappropriately.
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by weyreypey: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2020
bskyb:

Yes, IPPIS typically has teething problems. It usually takes 3 to 6 months for errors to be corrected. This shouldn't be. Our usual lackadaisical and unprofessional way of treating others is the usual culprit.
I will project that UTAS will not be without such problems, because it is the same Nigerian worker who will prepare it and input the necessary values.
Staffs here (where I work) are receiving their full salaries. I won't say all, because peope are keeping the fact that they registered under wraps, but those that are my close friends are receiving full salary.

Once rectified, the arrears are paid by FG. The other point people haven't really spoken about is that some staff actually get paid more than they are supposed to be paid. They get deductions over succeeding months as the system gets regularized.

The trained IPPIS staffs who form a loason between local institutions and Abuja central office are primarily employees of the local institution and they work within it. Their offices are located in the local institutions and not Abuja.
For example, increases in cooperative payments, temporary stoppage of salaries for those on leave of absence etc is done within the same month of request in most hospitals right now.

There are often local forces against IPPIS, and the reason is usually because it reduces the amount of monies that institutions can steal from having ghost workers, improperly placed staffs etc.

I am aware of institutions where the monthly wage bill was reduced by about 50 million when IPPIS was introduced. It totalled almost 1 billion Naira annually.

Secondly, for people looking for jobs, it encourages institutions to employ as they have no incentive for keeping spaces. (They are said to keep ghost workers on , in order to continue using the personnel costs for other things) .
In fact, a Teaching Hospital in the southwest hurriedly employed staffs to fill up the spaces at the advent of IPPIS.

You may also recall that resident doctors also felt the same way about IPPIS initially. They fought against it. In fact, it started around 2012 and then was stopped because the association of resident doctors fought against it. Fast forward to 2015/2016, the same resident doctors association started fighting for it, when they saw that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and that the rejection of IPPIS only truly favoured the management of institutions, who allegedly used the excess monies inappropriately.

You're now making some sense. Good morning
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2020
Attention !!! Pls if ur name is" fatimo" and u are going to bariga grammer school,, u ave a round face and brighter smile grin anyway go and apply for OLOSHO job Asap .....cause am eating suya with ur ss2 report card

All subject na "F". Including Yoruba undecided
Re: IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi by Chibueze90: 9:54am On Oct 31, 2020
bskyb:

Good morning and I trust your night rest was great...

Back to the matter.
if the correction is possible and very Swift as you narrated, WHY should fg gave ASUU go ahead to build there platform in 2009, Senate gave go ahead also in 2019.

Secondly, how do you think IPPIS can pay for the arrears due to the shortcoming of salaries payment when PAYSLIP was not issued to workers, with what do you think workers can use to demand for there arrears? don't you think this negligence act is fishy?

Again on tackling the issue if ghost workers..

I remembered vividly that before ippis can pay anyone he or her biometric data must be captured on ippis platform, that is the way we heard that will be used to curb ghost workers..
now sometime during the covid19 era where the president order payment for lecturers salaries so as to curb effect of covid19..
do you know that all the lecturers paid were from ippis platform? now my question is..
how do they get there biometric data for them to be paid by Ippis?
does it mean names can easily be added and removed from the platform without verification as clearly shown in couple of months ago...
Do you think only IPPIS can curb ghost workers?
why can't fg use bvn?
from what we saw and experienced during the last lecturers payment, it shows that names can be tampered in ippis Abuja , any explanation for that?

I believe that there is what we call LOCAL CONTENT. it states that home grown ideals and innovation should be considered above foreign innovations, why are they not applying such in the case at hand?

lastly, I know you believe the major reason why ASUU guyz re disagreeing on ippis is because fg is trying to go against the national law thereby infringing on there right as lecturers.

Thank you and hoping to hear and further learn more facts from you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmad Idris Kareka Graduates With 1st Class From Shenyang University Technology / UNIJOS Student Stabbed To Death By Hoodlums (Graphic Photos) / Team UNIBEN Wins International Award For Vehicle Innovation.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.