Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. (4097 Views)

Can You Recommend a UX/UI Designer? / Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by NettyNelly(m): 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
I'm not a UX / UI yet. But I love what I'm seeing about it. Early this year I ventured into logo designing and I have loved it so far. Though as a computer science undergraduate, I'm a practicing Data Analyst. But I am thinking of venturing into UX/UI design. I really don't know how deep or shallow the waters are in UX/UI. Especially in monetary terms, Do you get good offers from the Domestic scene (Nigeria)? and if you can really work remotely. I guess there are lots of people like me here too.
I encourage the designers here to share their experiences so far. You might encourage a soul to pursue a new career . And also learn from each other.
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by yusufu16: 1:34am On Nov 02, 2020
NettyNelly:
I'm not a UX / UI yet. But I love what I'm seeing about it. Early this year I ventured into logo designing and I have loved it so far. Though as a computer science undergraduate, I'm a practicing Data Analyst. But I am thinking of venturing into UX/UI design. I really don't know how deep or shallow the waters are in UX/UI. Especially in monetary terms, Do you get good offers from the Domestic scene (Nigeria)? and if you can really work remotely. I guess there are lots of people like me here too.
I encourage the designers here to share their experiences so far. You might encourage a soul to pursue a new career . And also learn from each other.

From your post, it seems you are after the monetary terms. Don't go into any profession with that mindset.

1 Like

Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by CHRISLINGO(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2020
I see nothing wrong going after a profession because of the monetary terms. On the long run, we are all in it for the money. I used to be a professional graphic designer, but for all my years in that field, I had to take a look at the monetary terms and noticed there's not much going on there. I decided to switch career and delve into UIUX design. Truth be told, you basically won't make money unless you are good at what you do. As of now, I make way more money as a UIUX designer than a graphics designer. And to add more spice to it, I am upgrading my skill to a front-end developer. So you see, don't let anyone make you see that using money as a reason is wrong... Oga, it is one of the best decisions you would make. But in doing so, ensure you become a professional in that field, cos only then can you attract much more money.
Peace out ✌️

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by yusufu16: 1:20am On Nov 03, 2020
CHRISLINGO:
I see nothing wrong going after a profession because of the monetary terms. On the long run, we are all in it for the money. I used to be a professional graphic designer, but for all my years in that field, I had to take a look at the monetary terms and noticed there's not much going on there. I decided to switch career and delve into UIUX design. Truth be told, you basically won't make money unless you are good at what you do. As of now, I make way more money as a UIUX designer than a graphics designer. And to add more spice to it, I am upgrading my skill to a front-end developer. So you see, don't let anyone make you see that using money as a reason is wrong... Oga, it is one of the best decisions you would make. But in doing so, ensure you become a professional in that field, cos only then can you attract much more money.
Peace out ✌️

Money should not be your motivation in anything otherwise, you will be frustrated in life. Follow your passion and not money. otherwise you will keep changing career because of money.

There is no business in this world that will not make you the money you desire in this life. You can be a multimillionaire as a graphics designer, photographer, etc, all that matters is how you manage yourself.
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by NettyNelly(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
yusufu16:

Money should not be your motivation in anything otherwise, you will be frustrated in life. Follow your passion and not money. otherwise you will keep changing career because of money.

There is no business in this world that will not make you the money you desire in this life. You can be a multimillionaire as a graphics designer, photographer, etc, all that matters is how you manage yourself.
You are quite right.
Actually I design for fun. I money isn't a motivating factor for me in logo designing. But would love to know how lucrative the thing is. I am willing to burn my bridges for it.

Saw your profile. I'm really amazed.
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by NettyNelly(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
CHRISLINGO:
Peace out ✌️
Money makes the world....
But I am actually not motivated by monetary aspect of UX/UI design.
For now I am just hobbyist in the field.

Do you have a dribble or Behance portfolio?
Would love to see some of your works.
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by Neutral15(m): 4:35am On Nov 18, 2020
yusufu16:

CHRISLINGO:

Please what softwares do you use for your UI/UX design. Do you use Adobe XD or Figma only? Or you combine with other softwares. Or ...
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by yusufu16: 5:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Neutral15:

Please what softwares do you use for your UI/UX design. Do you use Adobe XD or Figma only? Or you combine with other softwares. Or ...

I use Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

1 Like

Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by waze63(m): 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
CHRISLINGO:
Peace out ✌️
Pls what's the difference between UI/UX design and graphic design?
Re: As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. by Haryoureendey4(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2021
CHRISLINGO:
Peace out ✌️

Bro, am i still going to need know about coding being a ui/ux designer?

(1) (Reply)

If You Ever Doubted Blender: Watch This: / ###...how To Design Professional 3D Ecovers In 15 Mins For Free----### / Cinema 4d R 11. Is The Bomb! {3d Studio Max Is W**k}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.