Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (64630 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Joshmodest(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
IMAMofWAR:
nigerians that cant feed, is it expensive phone they will afford? let them stick to tecno and infinix abeg
Nah you dey feed them now , for ur mind you just talk oh , we dey use iPhone na Xiaomi we no fih use ...shior !!!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by IMAMofWAR: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Nah you dey feed them now , for ur mind you just talk oh , we dey use iPhone na Xiaomi we no fih use ...shior !!!
iphone my ass. how many of una dey use iphone. and for ur info, xiaomi is more expensive than iphone.
go check price of XIAOMI Mi 10 5G

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Ferrous(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
elvischukie:
please I can't find infinix and tecno on the list grin grin

They are among the "others"
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by jaymichael(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Classickj:

Only the rich and yahoo boys can afford that 350k iPhone
A normal guy or girl would rather settle for that 65k phone
I wonder o! As if that 65k no be big money. My Smart TV sef na how much I buy am? Even land for after Atan no how much?
I am one that prioritizes Value over ostentation. I am proudly using my Redmi note8T and I derive every drop of satisfaction from the phone. My choice is not made out of poverty because I can conveniently afford the most expensive iPhone there is (even the one wey dem go do next year) and as many that I want even if na to carry 3 iPhone 12 dey Waka. I will still get another Android phone to complement the iOS because I can't stand the restrictions and being locked to a particular ecosystem that Apple embodies.
I don't carry more than one phone. My REDMI NOTE 8T is my phone, my scanner, my Bible, my library, my remote control, office, radio. Xiaomi has cloud security so I won't panic if I lose my phone. My contacts are backed on mi cloud. I transfer data and sync seamlessly with my laptop, other devices and my Android TV. Most importantly ,if I lose the phone today, replacement is easy on the pocket unlike lose a 400k phone. I don't use an iPhone because I don't like iOS and Apple.

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NinjaMetahuman: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

name the innovative thing android has done since the first Android??
lol

Typical apple fanboy.
Very ignorant lot. grin

So you cannot tell the difference between apple iphone and android operating system.

Is android a phone?

7 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by zoedew: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go

Not quite. If only for the assured protection against virus I’ll do apple again and again!
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Roy1918(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go

Bros please I want to learn forex trading from u

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Queenflourish(f): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
Woww my phone brand is no.1
Am happy about that
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Joshmodest(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
IMAMofWAR:
iphone my ass. how many of una dey use iphone. and for ur info, xiaomi is more expensive than iphone.
go check price of XIAOMI Mi 10 5G
Baba use ur area talk ... I think say the phone dey reach 1m slow minded fellows go dey yarn dust !!
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Amanee(f): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

[s]Phone shipment doesn't necessarily transmit to purchases. The data is about how many phones each company shipped from July to September. How many phones did Apple produce between that time??
For a brand like Samsung that has over 10 devices this year alone, it'd have been a disgrace to not be #1.
A lot of people are buying midrange and entry level phones this year considering the economic downturn and that is a market you won't find an Apple product.
Last year, the IPhone 11 was released early hence the - 10.6% you're reading as "Financials"[/s].

Saying rubbish confidently

This has to be a record
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by HitlerGaddafi: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
syluck:
Proudly a Xiaomi user grin
From this your screenshot alone, I have more than enough details to hack into your account but I won't.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by omoadeleye(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Trex4:
Next quarter I'm sure Huawei will drop too. And Xiaomi might surpass them and become second. Their quarterly growth and market share is decent.

I don't think so cause Huawei is still doing good for now, so Xiaomi might still maintain that third spot for long, you can only say Huawei might surpass Samsung with a land slide while Xiaomi still maintaining the same third position.

The only way Apple can climb up again is by reducing their overpriced phones.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
lol

Typical apple fanboy.
Very ignorant lot. grin

So you cannot tell the difference between apple iphone and android operating system.

Is android a phone?

Instead of showing your ignorance, Android is a generic term that can mean different things base on application.
Check your dictionary before laughing anyhow
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Amanee:

Saying rubbish confidently

This has to be a record

if you have bothered to open the website link... you'd understand what I'm talking about except you're saying that the website which you base your argument on is saying rubbish confidently
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mihaug(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
Roy1918:

Bros please I want to learn forex trading from u

Email me
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NinjaMetahuman: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

Please which operating system are all other phones except IPhone using??
window os, harmony os, kai os, sailfish.

Want more?
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
window os, harmony os, kai os, sailfish.

Want more?

Window OS is obsolete, Harmony OS isn't on any phone yet. Kai OS, Sailfish are not operating system on any phone.
Mention the phones that uses KaiOS, and Sailfish as operating system
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by condralbedez: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:

Weldon bruv, please which app can I use to be doing photoshopping on my android phone?Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NinjaMetahuman: 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

Window OS is obsolete, Harmony OS isn't on any phone yet. Kai OS, Sailfish are not operating system on any phone.
Mention the phones that uses KaiOS, and Sailfish as operating system
google it yourself.

You asked about other os.. I gave it to you.

I can't feed you all the information you need. You have google.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
google it yourself.

You asked about other os.. I gave it to you.

I can't feed you all the information you need. You have google.

werey dey disguise
you agreed iPhone is not innovative, I asked for the innovation you have seen from other phones running the AndroidOS since their debut . You're shifting goal post
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NinjaMetahuman: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

werey dey disguise
you agreed iPhone is not innovative, I asked for the innovation you have seen from other phones running the AndroidOS since their debut . You're shifting goal post
I tried to enlightened your stupidity. But it seems it's in you like peak.

What kinda brain dead mor0n ask the innovation on android in comparison to iphone.

I expected you to rephrase your question after pointing to you that that android is not a phone. But because you are too stupid to know your left from right, you still went on to ask further stupid question.

How do you ignorant children get access to internet. If you ask a particular android phone brand with innovation, then I will gladly answer you.

Now Bleep off, and stop littering nairaland with stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by priest026: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??

people you kno
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Joshmodest(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
priest026:

people you kno
Like j said
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
I tried to enlightened your stupidity. But it seems it's in you like peak.

What kinda brain dead mor0n ask the innovation on android in comparison to iphone.

I expected you to rephrase your question after pointing to you that that android is not a phone. But because you are too stupid to know your left from right, you still went on to ask further stupid question.

How do you ignorant children get access to internet. If you ask a particular android phone brand with innovation, then I will gladly answer you.

Now Bleep off, and stop littering nairaland with stupidity.

I can't come down to your level. you have experience there.

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by HBB1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
seanwilliam:
una dey lie sha.. haba

Okay o, sorry Sir!
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by RealEzee(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
mrkings84:
Tecno & Nokia i know Who is Xiaomi?
number 3 on the world rankings. Where's tecno tho or nokia? grin
Leave stone age, this is 2020 man

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Balogunofafrica: 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
I just wished they could add quality OIS to their phone.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Classickj(m): 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
jaymichael:
I wonder o! As if that 65k no be big money. My Smart TV sef na how much I buy am? Even land for after Atan no how much?
I am one that prioritizes Value over ostentation. I am proudly using my Redmi note8T and I derive every drop of satisfaction from the phone. My choice is not made out of poverty because I can conveniently afford the most expensive iPhone there is (even the one wey dem go do next year) and as many that I want even if na to carry 3 iPhone 12 dey Waka. I will still get another Android phone to complement the iOS because I can't stand the restrictions and being locked to a particular ecosystem that Apple embodies.
I don't carry more than one phone. My REDMI NOTE 8T is my phone, my scanner, my Bible, my library, my remote control, office, radio. Xiaomi has cloud security so I won't panic if I lose my phone. My contacts are backed on mi cloud. I transfer data and sync seamlessly with my laptop, other devices and my Android TV. Most importantly ,if I lose the phone today, replacement is easy on the pocket unlike lose a 400k phone. I don't use an iPhone because I don't like iOS and Apple.
Gbayi
I have nothing to say again
So if I buy IPhone 12 for 400k this so next year if iPhone 13 comot Na to spend another 500k to buy the phone

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Classickj(m): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
jaymichael:
Gbayi
I will soon move to Redmi very soon
I love their phone like crazy especially all their Redmi note 8 series
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by RealEzee(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
sagieramos:

Actually, S20 ultra senior mi 10 ultra because of the latest SD chipset in s20 ultra. Na s20 mi10 ultra senior
antutu disagrees

https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank4.htm

Rankings as at September places the MI 10 ultra better than the s20 ultra, facts.

The MI 10 ultra performs better than the s20 ultra.

In AnTuTu test Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra got a
score of 602188 points.

The current overall benchmark score for
the most powerful new product of
Samsung S20 Ultra 5G (12GB+256GB) is
559781, while S20+ (12GB+256GB), whose
positioning is slightly lower than the
previous one, has the overall benchmark
score of 553735.

Facts man.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by RealEzee(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
Psychedelia:

LMFAO!
Uncle... OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo and RealMe are ALL ONE AND THE SAME. Na one company (BBK Electronics) get them, and they cater to different levels.
I hope you can see Vivo there, just directly under Apple. That's OnePlus, actually.

Don't play yourself.
grin he doesn't know what's up
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by RealEzee(m): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nerro042:

Nope. Oneplus is not. And if you don't know that then you are just speaking based on sentiment and not research. Oneplus is a brand oriented company. Good day bro
Dude OnePlus is owned by BBk electronics, enjoy grin.

https://www.androidcentral.com/bbk-electronics-history-oneplus-oppo-vivo-realme

BBK Electronics Corporation markets
smartphones under the Oppo , Vivo ,
OnePlus , Realme and iQOO brands. It also
markets Blu-ray players, headphones,
headphone amplifiers and smartwatches
under Oppo Digital brand. In March 2019,
BBK Electronics announced iQOO as its
newest member and is also a performance
sub-brand.

Google

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.