Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (64682 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by seanwilliam(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2020
HBB1:

Someone dashed me an IPhone too I was using a Xiaomi then and he probably thought I was broke!

I abandoned the I-nonsense straight away!
Don't even know where it is today

The Samsung Note 10 i use now is the best phone I have ever used
una dey lie sha.. haba

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mihaug(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2020
HBB1:

Someone dashed me an IPhone too I was using a Xiaomi then and he probably thought I was broke!

I abandoned the I-nonsense straight away!
Don't even know where it is today...

The Samsung Note 10 i use now is the best phone I have ever used

Lol, i feel u bro, my next target now is samsung S20 5G ULTRA.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
name the innovative thing apple has done since original iphone.

different market, same sound analogy.

name the innovative thing android has done since the first Android??

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2020
seanwilliam:
if apple starts producing midrange, she will lose her class.. the more expensive her product the more respect it commands.. most people especially in Nigeria buy iPhone cos of bragging rights..

Hopefully I'll buy iPhone 11 this year .. I bought 7plus like a month ago, I sold it back cos the reason I bought it( cos of a particular app support ) has been sorted on Samsung..

The iphone7 plus self go beat most android 2020, the phone no dey hang no matter the numbers of apps u are running. Its second hand value is second to none..

But it I buy it na for bragging jare.. I'm not an heavy phone user.. na just for browsing

just what I've been saying, Apple market target are flagship phones.
But consumers nowadays favors midrange and flagship killers hence there drop in the Quarterly range. Not necessarily means they are not profiting
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by BigBee78: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??

Hahaha.. No be lie jaare! But it seems India and other developing natoons are responsible for Xiaomi's sudden rise due to high demand for low-end budget phones..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2020
Mrquote:

Didn't you see others?

pained
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2020
emror4u:
Turn the paper, its written at the back

lol
grandstar:

My friend, look very well. I saw them there!
cheesy
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by lindareep: 11:12am On Oct 31, 2020
whitelion009:

Any side effects?

None has been reported
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by mindtricks: 11:18am On Oct 31, 2020
Demurkelly:
ok.....this is the business of Samsung,Huawei,Xiaomi and IPhone users. We that are still using Tecno,Infinix and Itel no go drink para for una headache..... My fellow transsion users, we move

angry

Lol! cheesy
Move to where?
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2020
If the US decides to open eye on Xiaomi like they did with Huawei, their sales will drop too. Don't joke with the Americans!
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by holluikon(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2020
Coquinoqui:
Why bought the Samsung galaxy a51, awesome and decent for the price, runs heavy apps smoothly. Highly recommend

Sell ham for me na
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by biggy26: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2020
lindareep:
I prefer Samsung anyway
Men enlargement gel is now 4k today! Lagos only pls
What are they enlarging?
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by rexx07(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Apple has it's ecosystem. iPhone is just a part of the ecosystem that connects seamlessly with the rest, they have other numerous ways of making money(imac, iPad, icloud, Apple music, app store, software services etc). It's hard to convince an apple user to leave that ecosystem. No other brand has that for now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Thonee(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2020
Tecno geng, i no see una there o.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by colossus91(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2020
fijiano202:
China and India both have over 1.3 billion people each .more than the whole Africa and Europe combined

India and China alone is almost 3billion so Xiaomi should close gap soon!!
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by jikins(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

Apple only sells flagship phones. When Samsung was fighting with Apple for market dominance was when the midrange market and level entry wasn't this prominent. The rise of Chinese OEM brought about the rise of the midrange and entry level smartphones.
Samsung adapted hence why they are #1.
Apple doesn't sell midrange or entry level phones. It shows because more and more people are buying midrange phones over flagship doesn't mean Apple is losing. it's just not their target market. which was the reason for my IPhone SE 2020 example, it cost $400 but it's design is outdated but it's the 5th most bought phone in 2020. Imagine if Apple has a phone for entry level, midrange, flagship killers market.
When they tried it first with the IPhone 5C, the phone wasn't that we'll received within the IPhone community because it didn't have that premium quality that Apple usually deliver on their phone since then they haven't done that again.

You 1st paragraph just stated what I have said before.

Fact is either way Apple has alot going for it, it probably why they don't want to go into producing lower end phones. But doing so will increase the popularity and usage of their os and app store. Bring in many more users and buck apart from even phone sales. Theres so much pros to be had if they start making low end phones. But alas its their business make dem do wetin dem want.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by teamsynergy: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2020
Swichnerd:
have you heard about dimensity? xiaomi and mediatek are working on this powerful chip, which will be used in their phones

We can only hope for it to be as powerful and efficient as SD. So far exynos is still lagging
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Classickj(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Don't let poverty kill you, pray for God to uplift u
did I tell you that am poor...
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by teamsynergy: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:
If the US decides to open eye on Xiaomi like they did with Huawei, their sales will drop too. Don't joke with the Americans!

It is even good If they do
It will push china to start developing high end chips , not easy but possible. At that point, america. Have nothing on them.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mrquote: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2020
elvischukie:

pained
Must everything be about pain here. Wow i was pointing the obvious.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Judybash93(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2020
fijiano202:
China and India both have over 1.3 billion people each .more than the whole Africa and Europe combined

2.7 billion thereabout

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by paltielx: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2020
Apple says this because they started selling iphone 12 series late, however let's see how 4th quarter wil be
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Grandmeister(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:

Besides the playstore has many more apps than iPhone
Many more half baked apps you mean.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by danielnmerengwa(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
elvischukie:
please I can't find infinix and tecno on the list grin grin
na the others na
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by embami: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
[*Career Empire*

For #jobs from all over #Nigeria and beyond plus #scholarships, #fellowships, and #grant offers.

Join the WhatsApp group - https:///pbdua2jfiM

And

Join the Telegram group – https:///pxTrdc66Pn

All the best.

*Kindly Share!* author=Judybash93 post=95528856]

2.7 billion thereabout[/quote]
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by embami: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
[*Career Empire*

For #jobs from all over #Nigeria and beyond plus #scholarships, #fellowships, and #grant offers.

Join the WhatsApp group - https:///pbdua2jfiM

And

Join the Telegram group – https:///pxTrdc66Pn

All the best.

*Kindly Share!* author=Judybash93 post=95528856]

2.7 billion thereabout[/quote]
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Grandmeister(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
jikins:

Fact is either way Apple has alot going for it, it probably why they don't want to go into producing lower end phones. But doing so will increase the popularity and usage of their os and app store. Bring in many more users and buck apart from even phone sales. Theres so much pros to be had if they start making low end phones. But alas its their business make dem do wetin dem want.
They produced the SE2 earlier this year..and despite the outdated design it sold like madt! That was why they considered making an iPhone 12 mini because they realised people also want smaller phones.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Playermayweda(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
iPhone supposed be like 2nd but dem no de put charger for their box
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
jikins:

you're right, there's a lot of pros to do that but I guess my take on the IPhone 5C is why they don't want to. But that might change in the future though
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by IMAMofWAR: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??
nigerians that cant feed, is it expensive phone they will afford? let them stick to tecno and infinix abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.