Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54582 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Effulgent(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2020
the day I drank garri inside a cup laced with an antiseptic soap.

I never knew such was inside the cup, but I don already pour garri and na my last cup of garri be that... oboy I just drink am like that ni o

the kind wayo wey my throat do me that day hen
grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Madibah:

Yes o
Garri looks like jollof to me that week
I had to learn how to drink semovitacheesy cheesy
Wassup brah how ya doing over there
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2020
If I talk my own all of una go donate money for me out of pity but m not a beggar grin
Shit happened in 2018 story for another sha..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DavidEsq(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2020
Olayinka8793:
I don't think l have ever been broke in the true sense of the word in my entire adult life as l am still single with no marital responsibility and my modest barbing saloon business ensures that money flows in everyday, no matter how small even if na 1k l made on a particular day.
But l remembered when l was still a teenager that just finished secondary school and went to live with an elder bro of mine in another state.
As per say l dey live with him and depend on him those times, it is not funny at all anytime he goes broke cos the type of job he does is not one that bring money consistently.
I don experience bastard hunger so tey l ate nothing from morning to night with no hope for the next day.
I don drink garri thrice a day for two days straight until God saw us and provided money for better foodstuff.
We bought foodstuffs on credit so much such that shame always catch me whenever l am sent on errand to buy garri on credit.
I no longer live with him sha and things are much better for him and me too. My greatest wish is that non of my future kids ever experience the type of sufferness and hunger l experienced, reason why l am hustling so hard now before even thinking of girlfriend despite being 27 years old.
God no go shame us.
We shall raise our cups to the goog life, shortly

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by stinjoe(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2020
From the deepest part of our hearts, we say a very big thank you. You truly one of a kind. God's continuous blessings and may He continuously enrich your pockets. Amen! @ orezimena28 nnamdiosu and chatinent

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DebTem(f): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

What changed?
I don't get.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2020
DavidEsq:

Na this kain story pastor dey use deceive person, collect seed faith. "A brother the oda day shared a story with me ...................".
Hahaha...but that's not fair. Life is deep and no one can tell tomorrow.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Herbephe1(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

Please manage the token I sent.

May Almighty Allah bless you for helping this guy, may God bless me so that we can be competing in helping people here.

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by gokesoye: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2020
I drank Expired Garri Igbo for one week.
It was tasting like cement

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by orezimena28(f): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2020
HomerTimpson:
shocked shocked 2k small ? You sef That's like 20k bro my bro will almost faint for joy when he hear this. I'll never forget this bro (2082538282 adesanya sijuade zenith bank)

I sent you something this morning. I hope things get better for you.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Charmingrascal(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2020
During my undergraduate years precisely 300L I was so broke, I had no dime, I had only the smallest semovita is it 1kg or 2kg they call it.

I would make that semo like pap and that was what I drank for almost a week without sugar, I used to take it around 4 in the afternoon so that i would not be hungry later in the day
I was depressed those moments nothing was working I felt like giving up.

God has been good to me so far thank you Jesus for ur grace and mercy.

34 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by merryossai(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2020
Majority of my last 2 years till now is my worst broke moment...I can't take myself out, can't support others, barely get by. in fact having a woman in my life is something I can't afford anytime soon.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by AirBay: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2020
Back in 2014 February I had #70 as my last bar undecided for 1week. I was drinking garri with #10 groundnut per day grin

Today I am posting this with Samsung S20 5G grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Solzate(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2020
I don't know but this thread just dey make me laugh, my present condition now na yawa.. Woke up this morning not knowing what my family will eat today,i enter street start to dey Waka person wey I been help with 500h naira last month see me today ask me why my face dey down .Long story short I told him my condition and he gave me 5k.. No matter the challenges we face God will always be there for us.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by illicit(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2020
I did Tanke sir at UNILORIN....

One day, at Lagos....

I had a friend from Ekiti, Seun, a Barber....

I went to go see him at Dopemu.

Turned out he was arrested two weeks earlier by a govt agency for opening his shop on environmental day.... he was imprisoned for d whole 2 weeks, he really had no family in Lagos, he was released broken and very hungry.... the day he was released was d day I incidentally went to see him.... He was happy but I was very sad for him.... I had to give him all the change I had on me including my T.fare.... I trekked home to Captain, Via Abule Egba from Dopemu.... I thought about a lot of things on the way.... I saw a lot of things, it was a long distance but my mind was preoccupied.... He was detained for more than 24 hours without being given any reasonable food, he was so weak he couldn't sit up....

I got home very late, It was a great experience....

50 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2020
Madibah:

Yes o
Garri looks like jollof to me that week
I had to learn how to drink semovitacheesy cheesy
Hahahah semo what? grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by seeker121(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2020
May all of us never experience better yesterday by the special grace of God.All i know is brokenness fit make a man craze and like the popular saying 'an hungry man is an angry man'.

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by nnamdiosu(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2020
stinjoe:
Good morning Sir. Here is my.

Sent you something. Please manage it and keep on believing what's on your signature. God will surely answer you soonest

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by obonujoker(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2020
This Corona lockdown period...

We thank God though... It was also a blessing in disguise.

Trekked and trekked , drag garri with my wife, na then I understood what is called broke... May Corona lockdown never repeat itself again

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by YoungGeniuz(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2020
To think I'm still in school when ASUU is yet to call off strike coupled with my state of brokeness chaii. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. Garri will remain a blessing to me. Thank God for the game of chess. It has really kept me going through this period just to while away time and hope for a better tomorrow. Being broke I feel will make me never take little things for granted. There's light at the end of the tunnel. God dey. Airtel thank you for free opera mini..

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Franzinni: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2020
I *invested* in MMM, all the money I had ..haha

We all know how the ting go!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Sonnobax15(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2020
Was in poly then,2013 to be precise.....all I had on me was just #10.....plus two cups of rice without ingredients.....not even matches the painful part was that it was barely the 14th day of the month,and would only receive my monthly stipend by month end.......

even phone to call my p.man self wasn't available........chai..I no dey ever forget that day en

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by zinaunreal(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2020
Cool

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kenneygirl(f): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2020
today marks my 1 year on nairaland lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2020
quisera:
Happened 2017 during NYSC
I invested all my money in MMM naso MMM crash with my past, present and future savings join NYSC loan wey I take to invest also. I almost died. Was left without a dime and all my paddy travel leave me base on August holiday, I was left all by myself with one Yoruba flatmate wey broke pass me. The saving grace I had that period was the vegetables and corn the indigenes planted round my lodge. Come see as I turn vegetarian automatically, surviving on corns and vegetables. Me and my guy eat without hope of the next meal, na as we see nai we dey chop. The guy man no fit bear the hunger again nai he zab leave me na once automatic fever hold me, I sick once. Laslas sha I got to control babe come, na she come survive me dat period. She was my saving grace. As my Yoruba guy hear say babe don show (base on say he knows she always come loaded) nai the idiot come back come follow me dey chop wetin she bring after leaving me to suffer alone. I told her to make sure she didn't give him anything to eat but base on good girl wey she be she had to plead with me to let it go.
I suffer that period sha

You're just a stupid tribalist... Why don't u just say flatmate, instead of mentioning Yoruba all the time? Who asked you for someone's tribe? After saying trash, your people will complain of being marginalised, not knowing it's your tribalist orientation that's limiting you in life.

You're a disgusting human being... angry

45 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

Mine: To cut it short, mine was a day I'll never forget. sad A bank rubbbished me by blocking my account and giving me procedures plus I was in a new location.

That very day made me realize that food is the only necessity in life. Hungered for three whole days! Was literally shaking like a drunken master. All my legs felt numb. I began remembering the good old days I ate good food.
Lol,,,,

If I were you, having confirmed by the staff that I really have some money in my account, I would make sure I don't leave them until one of them help me with some money for food ooo grin

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2020
I've never been broke
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by TheExclusive: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2020
Waiting for nysc final allowee for 3 weeks for them to pay. I ate and managed my last post of beans and garri for close to one week. Thank God we don't look like what we have been through.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. / This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke / Newly Updated Price List Of DSTV And GOTV Packages And Available Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.