Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54571 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by tuzle(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
I am currently broke but I thank God food is at home.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
sam4noow:
People hardly believe people's side of story this days.....

i Don't think it's necessary for me to post what I'm currently going through right now but I believe God will ease my affairs
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by CAPITALBEE: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Omo Mehn... Being broke is a sad thing walahi.

My Experience
Back in Year 3... I do stay with one of my uncle wey be like blood brother to me and one other friend of his in the hostel. He was in his final year and he had lots of friends as he was more of an extrovert unlike me wey be complete introvert.

I been dey run small agent work with one of my Paadi so if money dey, we go gather buy food cook if not... We go start door to door evangelism just to run street. Na Dem dey carry front as I dey form shy. cheesy

One day reach, two of them travelled and I was the only one remaining. Money and some of the major foodstuffs wey we get don kawa, naso I begin dey hustle the small garri wey remain.
When the thing don dey finish, I turn my rounds to 0.0.1. I go eat around 6/7pm, press phone go sleep. Sometimes I go shuffle am enter 0.1.0 if the thing hold me die. embarassed

One Afternoon, my eye red... Me wey no sabi talk naso I dress up start door to door evangelism under hot sun. Devil wey dey watch me make sure say all the people wey I go check no dey house. I trek come back under same sun feeling mad heat with my clothes soaked. Naso I pull down all the clothes wey dey hanger begin dey check all of them whether I forget money inside... Omo no show at all I wan die. cry

So I gave up... I take wrapper for bag spread am ontop carpet wey dey ground make I sleep for ground wey cold whether hunger go reduce. Naso one fine angel carry my eye go under bed... As I point torch under bed. Guess What? I saw #50. grin grin grin I didn't even think twice, Naso I scatter bed carry money ooo. Kai... That money be like gold that year.

Small Boy don dey manage now ooo... Kai! I WILL NEVER BE BROKE IN LIFE AGAIN!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Lighthammer(m): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
People are really suffering.i so much wanted to give out but i am broke too

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Joshmanuel10(m): 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
I just know we will all bounce back one way or the other its not a good thing at all
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mexyz(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
I've not read to the last page of this thread though but with what I saw on page 1&2, then I can conclude that NL still has a lot of kindhearted souls, na just those useless people wey politicians don hire to dey scatter us with tribalism here dey give NL bad name..

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Laggatumuch(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
I suffered both hunger and rejection from my family for being an illegitimate child that the father never agreed to be a father to him saying i wasn't his son, my mom went through terrible things during my birth and that made her hate me with passion, i lived as a househelp in my grandmum's house , that mother to my mum. When my grand mum died life became worse , there was a point i started going for menial jobs and gathered a little bit of money then took off to lagos to hustle , bros life hard me for lagos when i became fustrated i went to scoan for help to even get t.fare to go back home but after telling us they will give us(there were other people there too soliciting for help) they told us to go to welfare , then they chased us away with mobile police. So i said to myself i would go to liberation city at berger but i no get one naira, so i trekked from ikotun to apapa thinking that the berger there was the berger where liberation city is , i used a day for that trekking , when i got there they said liberation city is at ojodu berger , then i trekked from apapa to ojodu berger. they also change am for me there even shouted at me, i no believe my eyes because of wetin i dey watch them do for tv. , i went without food for days . To cut the long story short i left there fustrated. But God still use stranger for around motor park for ojota show me mercy. But today i can say i started in the basement and now am at the rooftop.God changed my story in 2017 and since then i have been living my dream life.Having many assets and helping as many i can help. When my family members saw me they couldn't believe it was me because i was the full definition of poverty before.

43 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Moschinochimma: 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sincerely I don't know if I have had ever had a worse experience because lately the things keep coming in deeper phases.. most of the shoes most have known the sound of my shoes .
Please even right now I am begging don't know when it will end.. may God help us all.
Please if u can assist me today , I wouldn't mind nairalanders.. na cloth dey cover body o. Thank God say belle no be show glass.
Would appreciate anything from u. 0128236694. GTBANK.
Thanks .

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Ibkay32(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
A graduate without job always broke,, have been a broke man all my life but I believe my tomorrow going to be rich...Amen

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by sam4noow(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kokoboss:
you're right bro. People are suffering o. If I tell you what I'm going through ehn.

Yes o, may God ease our affairs �

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by donPhill(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Madibah:

Yes o
Garri looks like jollof to me that week
I had to learn how to drink semovitacheesy cheesy
as in ehn? as a matter of fact, me still de that level... one better square meal na survival... abeg make una help me with small job make i take survive
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by HerCuteness(f): 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
better days

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by harmony75: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:
Menh I can't forget that fateful day I had only 50 naira in my entire life and was going to Festac town from Ijesha for an appointment.
I used 30 naira for t/fare hoping I'll be back with good news but the result is a story for another day.
I trekked in the hot sun of Lagos from Festac town down to Ijesha with my mind already spending the last 20 naira on garri,groundnut and probably sugar when I get home after the long trekking but something strange happened.
When I got to Ijesha bus stop,getting ready for the final trekking to my street which is like five kilometers from the bus stop, I saw this blind man with his daughter begging, and when I looked at d man, he looked straight to my eye and was begging for something from me.
Initially when I saw that blind man, I felt very grateful that I was a lucky guy,I felt pity and decided to move on with my 20 naira, I would av given him something but it was the last one on me.
Do you know that I ve to trek back from my street after successfully getting to my house to the bus stop just to give that same 20 naira to that blind man? Because my conscience would not let me rest from that moment I set my eye on the blind man...it was telling me, "you can do better by giving that 20naira to the blind man", I thought it was a joke until I submitted.
After that I saw myself crying unconsciously, trekking back home weak,hungry and without hope, but that's not the end of my story.

The following, someone I d never believed will help me, came to my house and took me to his place of work.... Same day, I was interviewed, same day I got my appointment letter,next day...
I started working in that company and the rest is history.
it happens when God's telling you to do something no peace until you have done that � you see the the greater blessings that's God for teaching us to sacrifice �

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by kheny12(m): 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
This 2020 is a year that am really broke.Me that don't beg money from people's started begging people's for money.I don't have 5naira in my acc now.I do work but too much of expenses.The money don't last for 10 days.I pay my school fees and feed my family with little.I know it will be better with hope and determination.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
sam4noow:

Yes o, may God ease our affairs �
amen bro.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Pavillon: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:
Menh I can't forget that fateful day I had only 50 naira in my entire life and was going to Festac town from Ijesha for an appointment.
I used 30 naira for t/fare hoping I'll be back with good news but the result is a story for another day.
I trekked in the hot sun of Lagos from Festac town down to Ijesha with my mind already spending the last 20 naira on garri,groundnut and probably sugar when I get home after the long trekking but something strange happened.
When I got to Ijesha bus stop,getting ready for the final trekking to my street which is like five kilometers from the bus stop, I saw this blind man with his daughter begging, and when I looked at d man, he looked straight to my eye and was begging for something from me.
Initially when I saw that blind man, I felt very grateful that I was a lucky guy,I felt pity and decided to move on with my 20 naira, I would av given him something but it was the last one on me.
Do you know that I ve to trek back from my street after successfully getting to my house to the bus stop just to give that same 20 naira to that blind man? Because my conscience would not let me rest from that moment I set my eye on the blind man...it was telling me, "you can do better by giving that 20naira to the blind man", I thought it was a joke until I submitted.
After that I saw myself crying unconsciously, trekking back home weak,hungry and without hope, but that's not the end of my story.

The following, someone I d never believed will help me, came to my house and took me to his place of work.... Same day, I was interviewed, same day I got my appointment letter,next day...

Very strong one..

I've experienced it several times, and sometimes I've hardened my heart while sometimes i just succumb.

Thank God you didn't pharaoh your heart that day grin

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Gospel367: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
I am broke beyond recognition and hope. although I believe all hope is not lost. I just drank only a bottle of Pepsi since morning...All I need is a means of survival. I have a sister depending on me. Quit notice expires December. School fees for my part time studies hanging there. All I need is connection to a paying job that I can use to substain my job and foot my bills. thank you
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ibkay32:
A graduate without job always broke,, have been a broke man all my life but I believe my tomorrow going to be rich...Amen
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
So many sad stories. I really wish, I can help but am just a graduate with no job.. I know what it means to be hungry.. Pls if you are in Kano, pls can you help a sister with a job pls. May Allah help those in need. The country is really hard.. Hunger diminishes your pride.

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
I was once broke some years back too but thank God for today, im not yet rich but im doing fine.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by philtea: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
I was broke too o, seeing small boys upandan cashing out like.. Thank God for the discipline my parents inbibed in me. Two weeks ago.. My boss whose place I worked at before called me to come and work for him again. The person he employed after me was really dishonest and careless. He asked me to come till school resumes. If you know how happy I am ehn. At least someone will do small upgrade before next week resumption.
Lesson I learned; I will never off the part my parents brought me on, even if I don't have what to eat. HONESTY REALLY PAYS GUYS. A coursemate of mine just asked me to come and squat with him sef till I get my own hostel.
Kudos to every legit worker out there. wink

31 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Daguccizgreat(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:

When you do something that moves God, your life surely never will remain the same. I'm a living witness

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by bunnae(f): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
HolyTitus:
Worst broke moment: i lost my relationship - my fiancee go complain give her mama sey I no dey give her money; me thinking sey she understand my condition before.

Her mama come call me dey ask if her daughter offend me, shey na why I no dey give her money? sey make I dey try dey give her small small change.

To cut the story short, I don change ham for them.
What sort of mother and daughter did you encounter like this? grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
embarassed embarassed
I don't know where to start from, but it never wants to get better, rather it keeps getting worst. If my plans on Monday doesn't work out, I will take a bow and make the easy way out..

Es ist sehr schwer für mich...
Das Leben ist nicht einfach embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Bashnigga(m): 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
alterswerve:

No matter how broke I was or how long the queues were, I never did this
What's tanke sir
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Reasonwithme2(m): 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mine was in school days, during holiday we don't usually travel cos of distance except Christmas break. So that holiday was one of those one week holiday before resumption of new semester. And we had finished all we had on us as the semester ended.. my flatmates and I (3 of us) were left alone with no dime as everyone has travelled for the holiday. We managed to secure some leftover garri from some people before traveling.
That was what we are till midweek until God blessed. We happened to attend one birthday party we weren't invited. no food just cake weed and spirit... We just jejely respect our self not to drink cos food no day.. we had to beg the celebrant after cutting his cake to give us the icing in it..
That was what we took home to compliment our garri.. and trust me, it felt like I was eating fried rice and chicken..
When I remember such days I laff.. everything we dey face right now go turn story

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Aflix(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
My worst broke experience.... huuumm.... Experienced mine during my 100 level 2nd semester. We were 3 living together, no foodstuff no money, no nothing. We did not even have water for drinking. That day we all went for our respective classes hoping that something miraculous would happen before the end of the day, but it didn't. We all got back from classes smiling through the hunger.

We decided to sleep with the hunger because we had too much pride to go about begging for food from our hostel mates. We all layed down, but couldn't sleep. The hunger was just too ferocious for any form of relaxation. It got to 11PM in the night and we decided that we couldn't sleep like that, we had to do something. Our mind started working like computers on what to do to get something to eat. It was then one of my roommates suggested that we go to "bank road", that there were some guava trees there. We thought that was a brilliant suggestion and decided to go for it.

We left the house around 11:30pm, not minding the danger we might face (We stayed at ekosodin. Those that schooled in uniben know how dangerous that area is. We got to the bank and got to work. My roommate climbed the tree and dropped the guavas on the floor for us to pick. While we were on that, a security man in one of the banks flashed his light on us and asked what we were doing there. We were too ashamed to say anything, but the security man figured it out and said "These students no De rest?? Even for night again them still De pluck Guava." We paid him no mind.

After plucking, we walked back home, chewing happily on our guava. Luckily, we didn't come across any bad boys.

6/7/2013.....I will never forget that day.

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Pavillon:

Very strong one..

I've experienced it several times, and sometimes I've hardened my heart while sometimes i just succumb.

Thank God you didn't pharaoh your heart that day grin

You're absolutely right sir. I cldnt disobey cuz I almost gone mad when I wanted to have it my way.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Aestheticsdude(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mhen! cry things are bad, this past week was hell for me I won't lie, even though I am a graphics designer I am still poor. I survived on garri everyday and I drink it once a day till the next, for today own I am planning on eating in the evening unless if God show wonder. Being broke is bad. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by officialfestus(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
hollas2jnr:

You could have searched Nairaland for reputable Crypto traders. We have quite a number of them here, try check out LadyF profile, for subsequent times sake.
thanks but I've learnt my lessons...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. / This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke / Newly Updated Price List Of DSTV And GOTV Packages And Available Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.