Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Chris Benoit Found Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chris Benoit Found Dead (928 Views)

Ex Super Eagle Star Found Dead At His Home. / BREAKING!!! FIFA Orders Factional NFF President Chris Giwa To Vacate Office / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Benoit Found Dead by chuckdee4(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2007
Wrestling fans, Chris Benoit was found dead at his place yesterday. He was found dead along with his wife and kid, it is said that he killed both his wife and kid before killing himself.
What would drive a man to take his life along with his family's life, its not like he was poor, probably all that drug having an after effect on him.
For more details visit www.wwe.com

Even Vince McMahon who was presumed dead, showed up to deliver a speech,
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by mukina2: 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2007
shocked

madness sad
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by Razorr(f): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2007
mukina2:

madness

You've said it all.

RIP.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2007
chuckdee4:

Even Vince McMahon who was presumed dead, showed up to deliver a speech,

What. . .Do you want him to do keep up pretending to be dead and not make a statement about this? He is the company president, that would be the epitome of classlessness if he did. I was shocked, however that they actually outright cancelled the live show in Corpus Christi, I expected them to just do a live memorial style show there.

chuckdee4:

Wrestling fans, Chris Benoit was found dead at his place yesterday. He was found dead along with his wife and kid, it is said that he killed both his wife and kid before killing himself.
What would drive a man to take his life along with his family's life, its not like he was poor, probably all that drug having an after effect on him.
For more details visit www.wwe.com

LOL, "www.wwe.com" is not a legitimate news source. However, this story might be true. . .

Atlanta News is a credible source
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

It's the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. One of the most reputable daily newspapers in the US. I don't think they would endanger their journalistic reputation by participating in a fake news story concocted by a wrestling promoter. Unlike McMahon, This guy is really dead. Sounds like a likely murder-suicide. Sad. And I don't even follow wrestling.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2007
mukina2:

shocked

madness sad

I don't quite understand. . .can you please elaborate
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by chuckdee4(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2007
LuvinGuy:

What. . .Do you want him to do keep up pretending to be dead and not make a statement about this? He is the company president, that would be the epitome of classlessness if he did. I was shocked, however that they actually outright cancelled the live show in Corpus Christi, I expected them to just do a live memorial style show there.

LOL, "www.wwe.com" is not a legitimate news source. However, this story might be true. . .

Atlanta News is a credible source
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

It's the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. One of the most reputable daily newspapers in the US. I don't think they would endanger their journalistic reputation by participating in a fake news story concocted by a wrestling promoter. Unlike McMahon, This guy is really dead. Sounds like a likely murder-suicide. Sad. And I don't even follow wrestling.

Mr Know it all, i did see it in a UK newspaper before starting this topic, i only reffered to WWE co they were his employers. Sad to see him go, to think i watched hinm on tv only last week. The curse of being a wrestler, see how most of em die
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2007
chuckdee4:

The curse of being a wrestler, see how most of em die

What curse? How many UFC fighters have died? Or guys that participate in mixed-martial arts in general, or guys that particate in collegiate wrestling for that matter?Only WWE guys die every year.

WWE is fake anyway. Their matches are choreographed and predetermined, and the kickes & punches are fake as well. WWE is for the young and feeble-minded.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by chuckdee4(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2007
Well its a curse cos they seem to be dying on an annual basis, obviously due to their drug ralated habit.

Everyone knows WWE is fake, they don't call it entertainment for nothing
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
hey,
that is the effect of cocaine
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2007
dason4life:

hey,
that is the effect of cocaine

Cocaine? Wild guess. Try steroids. 'Roid rage.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by mukina2: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
LuvinGuy:

I don't quite understand. . .can you please elaborate

the guy lost it and killed his family is that not madness undecided
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by marlet01(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ topic

He probably would have been high before doing such.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2007
marlet01:

@ topic

He probably would have been high before doing such.

It's not madness, nor getting high. It's 'Roid rage w/ a combination of many drugs would be my guess. Very demanding lifestyle and to just travel at least 250+ days a year and wrestle the same amount of days these guys are on many drugs. Just to get in the ring some nights (and they are expected to or will not have a job) they take many pain medications and can become easily addicted to that. I am sure there are some very hardcore drugs taken as well to keep their energy up and keep them going. I'd guess it was a combination of many drugs and a really messed up and un--stable person in the mind.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by marlet01(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2007
LuvinGuy:

It's not madness, nor getting high. It's 'Roid rage w/ a combination of many drugs would be my guess. Very demanding lifestyle and to just travel at least 250+ days a year and wrestle the same amount of days these guys are on many drugs. Just to get in the ring some nights (and they are expected to or will not have a job) they take many pain medications and can become easily addicted to that. I am sure there are some very hardcore drugs taken as well to keep their energy up and keep them going. I'd guess it was a combination of many drugs and a really messed up and un--stable person in the mind.
Maybe you are right.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2007
Why would he kill his wife and kid, even if he wanted to kill himself?
It makes no sense, unless he committed suicide after killing his wife in anger by mistake.
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2007
Seun:

It makes no sense, unless he committed suicide after killing his wife in anger by mistake.
That should be it
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2007
Seun:

"Wife kills son / Benoit kills wife / Benoit kills self"

"Benoit galvanized by 'Roid rage (steroids) and other drugs equals 'Benoit kills wife'"
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by LuvinGuy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2007
Uh oh, It looks like he smothered his son and strangled his wife.

Looks like I can't defend this a-hole anymore

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272614337.shtml
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by CrazyMan(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2007
Seun:

Then what about their child?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitupdate
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by chuckdee4(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2007
LuvinGuy:

Uh oh, It looks like he smothered his son and strangled his wife.

Looks like I can't defend this a-hole anymore

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272614337.shtml

How insane is that, apparently he has 2 other kids who where both luck y to be in Canada at the time this happened, else the head count would have been more, kids don't do drugs or steroids
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by A40(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
I cant believe guys still watch that WWE crap go and watch boxing or some other real stuff cant watch that fake ish, RIP Chris i liked the guy though what a shame! embarassed
Re: Chris Benoit Found Dead by Iman3(m): 1:51am On Jun 29, 2007
Apparently,someoone announced his wife's death on Wikipedia,13 hours before the Police found the body-

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Na Una Dey Play The Match? / The First Eleven Football Reality Tv Show / CAN Ghana 2008: Your Favourite (best) Goal So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.