Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,435 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Can There Be Anything Called "Purely Free And Fair" In This Country? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can There Be Anything Called "Purely Free And Fair" In This Country? (197 Views)

Dont Japa With Anything Called Pre-masters / Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President / Mongolia: This Country’s Location Gives Them $250billion Free Defense Protection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can There Be Anything Called "Purely Free And Fair" In This Country? by GiftedTitty: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
Just before the END SARS protest began shortlisted applicants of SNEPCO Schorlarship were invited for an online test. This was really surprising, as the test was just a week away from the day the email was sent. I wasn't prepared for any test so i decided to start reading from pali to pali, that was how all my wahala began. First it was the street transformer,it suddenly got spoilt as though an ogbanje had given it a death touch. We were told it was damaged beyond repair, a new transformer would be around #1.5Million. That amount will take months to get. Bad news! all the past questions were on my phone, how would I be able to access them we had no generator. So that was how reserved girl like me began to knock at the doors of strangers,both in the neighborhood and beyond, just because i heard the melodious voice of a generator at their back yard. Even my sister was surprised, she swore she could make a motivational speech out of my situation. She would tag it "The power of desperation".
To cut the long story short I wrote the exam at a cyber cafe, that was after I tried borrowing 10 different laptops, each suffering from one ailment or the other making them unfit for the test.
The quantitative aspect was tough but that wasn't the problem, i wasn't able to solve all the 50 tough mathematics questions before the time ran up (30 minutes) That one didn't even pain me. What pained me was that THE QUESTION LEAKED OUT. I had initially seen the question on a group but stubbornly refused to open it because i thought it wasn't right. Worse still we were asked not to use a calculator. My friends called me a fool for not using one. They were like how are they going to see you. Its a webcam watching you not spiritual eyes. Now i feel like a big fool imagine having to count with my hands while someone else already had all the answers at their finger tips. Can there be anything in Nigeria that is free and fair? Im still wondering.?

(1) (Reply)

WAEC: How To Check 2020 SSCE Results - 08158942445! / 2020/2021 Ijmb-registration Closing Date / NIPOST, WAEC Collaborate To Deliver Candidates’ Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.