Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him (47235 Views)

Osinbajo Calls Hilda Baci On Phone (Photos) / Seyi Makinde Buys Taye Currency A Brand New Car Pictures / Taye Currency’s Mother Shot Dead, Musician Also Shot In Ibadan -Afrobeatsglobal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by TheRareGem1(f): 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo placed a phone call to a Twitter user, Taye Paul Olubayo, who addressed a four-page open letter to the number two citizen on October 6.

Unlike many Twitter users who do not meaningfully engage the government, Mr Olubayo tweeted a handwritten letter to the Vice President proffering solutions to how to solve the demands of EndSARS protesters.

In the letter, Mr Olubayo detailed how many youths worked actively to elect the Muhammadu Buhari administration in 2015 and again in 2019.

The letter he addressed to the VP reads in part, “Over the past few days, and tracing back to few years ago, the period during which you stood in for your principal as acting President, I'm very sure you remember our cries with respect to the dreaded SARS.

“Don't get me wrong Sir, I understand quite clearly that the President is the C-in-C and as such, in charge of all the security agencies. That being said, I will do well to remind you that you both were elected on a joint ticket by the virtue of which you share both the glory and 'dragging' of this administration.

He then added that, “Sir, we are tired, very tired. A nation pushed to the wall by its leaders would be one hell of a place to govern. I trust you already understand the implications.”

But to his surprise, Prof. Osinbajo got a wind of his letter and he called him to discuss the content of the letter and the way forward.

On the 31st of October, he quoted his tweet to provide an update. “So based off this letter I addressed to VP Osinbajo a few weeks ago, I got a call from him today and we spoke at length. The VP and I discussed steps that MUST be taken to ending police brutality. I shared my thoughts and he promised me personally to act on them,” Olubayo said.

Reacting to the update by Olubayo, Bola Danusi said constructive engagements should be embraced by the youths. “Here's what you get when you ditch the nay saying and mischief making like "Werey Dey Disguise" madness for constructive engagements. You can always be sure of a useful response,” she wrote.

Adewunmi Collins also shared a similar sentiment. “To listen closely and reply well is the highest perfection we can attain in the art of conversation. This is why the VP Osinbajo's style of leadership is endearing. Intelligent engagements can only produce this but unfortunately, most of our youths are petty and unserious,” she wrote.

Chicka commended Olubayo for his approach. “He genuinely and civilly sought change on our behalf and he got a response. I have never been a fan of cursing these guys as a way to demand accountability because it will end in voicemail, just like they saw this, they see those too.”

Adebola Babatunde said “He was constructive and sensible with his engagements. And guess what, he got a response from the VP but when all you write is rubbish, you won't get a response,” he said.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2020/10/endsars-osinbajo-calls-twitter-user/

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Kingsasian(m): 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Osinbajo is the kind of president we need

270 Likes 18 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Queenttoast01: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2020

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by okefrancis: 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
Vice President is man that listen and now he and his boss has profered solution to the incessant killing and bully of our youths

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by bigwig10(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
The VP can't be compared with other politicians who have nothing to offer, his level of intelligent is second to known,the kinda president we can have....

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Peappy49(f): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
Wish we can have more people like the VP, he listens and he is ready to attend to situations

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by demitola(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
That's very good! This funny youthful generation would rather be calling their father's mate a mad man (Soro soke weyrey). How do you get some meaningful response by that?

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Trendy247: 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
bigwig10:
The VP can't be compared with other politicians who have nothing to offer, his level of intelligent is second to known,the kinda president we can have....
Thank you, but we don't need anyone with gray hair again in Aso Rock

154 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Wilson2013(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
I can't believe the VP called a Twitter user . This is true leadership! OSINBAJO keeps surprising us everyday. I know who to vote for come 2023

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Shooyie: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
I admire Prof Osinbajo for always listening and paying attention to the people. He is a true leader.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Dejyom(m): 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
VP Yemi Osinbajo isn't one of those Leaders that turns out to be unreachable and unresponsive once they get into office. Not only does he listen and respond, he also engages. He always wishes he could do even more and solve all problems.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by inioluwa03: 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
He is a passionate leader who has listening ears as well. He also very humble.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Thormiwah(m): 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
Yea, I saw the guy's tweet and i was like for real? �� Osinbajo called him and personally promised to do about about ending police brutality, Osinbajo I stan

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by OC831: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
Omolomo passed his message with sense and got a response, the way they see our sensible messages is the way they see our curses, but one gets a sensible reply and action and the other gets nothing. I love this story

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Temstee: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
Impressive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Zeesugar(f): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
You will never get result if you don't channel your request right.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by TeeMoney99: 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sorosoke generation. I hope you know how to speak to your elders to get a positive response back. This was good of Osinbajo.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Lifted2000: 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
An intelligent man needs an intelligent approach. Work on your approach, you will get a response. He is a man of principles, so do the needful first.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by SEGLIZ: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
this what leadership is all about. a leader is meant to listen to his followers.
successful leaders in the now and before use people to attain glory.
they got themselves surrounded by intellect and men filled with wisdom and truth, then did one simple task of listening and applying those words of wisdom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by delpee(f): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Omo to ba mo owo we, a ba agba jeun

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Afamed: 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Trendy247:

Thank you, but we don't need anyone with gray hair again in Aso Rock
But the one with black hair dissapointed his generation few days ago in the hospital

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Hedonisco: 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
As a political leader holding high PUBLIC office, you don't need anybody to address you 'politely' in order for you to get the message and do the right thing.

If you too like respect and dignity, why bring your miserable self out for public service? It is ridiculous. Stay in your house quietly and eat the respect that your children and other family members would serve you. We are talking about a country with serious problems. You brought yourself out to enjoy the perks of public office.... Long convoys of high end Mercedes cars, the presidential villa, and billions of naira worth of privileges and yet you dare talk about respect. God punish you there. Idiots.

If you can't solve the obvious problems on ground. If you can't think up workable solutions and meet the yearnings of millions of rightfully angry and frustrated citizens then GET THE HELL OUT OF PUBLIC OFFICE AND RETIRE TO YOUR VILLAGE. I hate this annoying sense of entitlement... You're not doing anybody a favour by being a public office holder. Don't tell me about polite engagement. Get the fucking message and do the right thing, or get lost. Period.

180 Likes 31 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by FearGodinall: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Especially, the VP is kind of person you don't need to haul insult on to make a point.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by teabully(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2020
Kingsasian:
he is not, he will be controlled by what sanwo olu described as forces beyond his control. This is mere disguise,

We shall never have a stooge or puppet again in Political offices.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by olisaEze(m): 1:36am On Nov 01, 2020
There’s a reason why I love this man called Osinbajo, and it’s not far fetched. A leader does not hide behind mindless minions while his people beg to hear from him.

God bless Osinbajo!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:41am On Nov 01, 2020
TheRareGem1:
But to his surprise, Prof. Osinbajo got a wind of his letter and he called him to discuss the content of the letter and the way forward.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2020/10/endsars-osinbajo-calls-twitter-user/
Na today Talk is cheap!

It's the outcome that will determine the importance of the response

Or does it belong to the bin as usual

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by alienvirus: 2:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Unlike some that can curse your entire generation in a simple sentence on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by naptu2: 3:56am On Nov 01, 2020
That's Unilag Efiwe.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Soljaboi44(m): 4:07am On Nov 01, 2020
wink
Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by boolet: 4:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Kingsasian:
No sir, I disagree. Goat wey follow dog waka go chop shit. It's evidently clear. I don't know what camp you belong to, but I boldly say like Obasanjo, like Jonathan, like Buhari, like Osinbajo.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by Biodun556(m): 4:10am On Nov 01, 2020
Afamed:

But the one with black hair dissapointed his generation few days ago in the hospital

Those we call old today started as young politicians. If one enters politics at 30+, before getting to the apex, one would have clock 60+. Ofcours we need to gather enough experience before one get to federal level.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Osinbajo Calls Taye Olubayo Who Addressed A Letter To Him by boolet: 4:11am On Nov 01, 2020
teabully:
he is not, he will be controlled by what sanwo olu described as forces beyond his control. This is mere disguise,

We shall never have a stooge or puppet again in Political offices.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Governor Sanwo-Olu Wins Polling Unit At Lagos Island / Christian Girl Escaped Death By Whiskers In Bauchi State Over Alleged Blasphemy / Uzodimma: Why I Invited Soldiers To Orlu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.