Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse (45683 Views)

El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani / Shehu Sani Will Be Defeated - El-rufai Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by boman2014: 6:53am On Nov 01, 2020
Speaking at a public lecture to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Arewa House, held in Kaduna on Saturday, the governor maintained that restructuring the country is in the best interest of ensuring sustainable development.

El-Rufai, who cited the 2018 recommendations of the APC committee on restructuring, noted that there was a need to reorganise the country’s constitutional framework in order to give states more control over certain resources.

The focus of the APC committee, which was set up in 2017 and chaired by el-Rufai, was to establish the party’s position on restructuring in line with ensuring that all Nigerians benefit from true federalism.

Under the proposed restructured framework, el-Rufai explained that states would have more control over the police, oil and gas resources, minerals, correctional facilities, stamp duties, registration of business names, among others.

“I am not aware of any significant constituency that is against the idea that states should exercise consequential powers, assume more responsibilities and control resources to enable them deliver better outcomes for those they govern. This will empower state governments to cease passing the buck to the president and the federal government when most of the problems our citizens face daily as a nation are, and can be solved by improved and focused governance at the states’ levels,” he said.

“It is time to make this sort of well-defined restructuring work, for the benefit of the peoples of this country.

“The report of our APC true federalism committee puts in one place the recommendations, and the legislative amendments to give life to a restructured polity. I therefore call on our federal legislators and the national assembly ad hoc committee on constitutional review to take advantage of our report and initiate the constitutional and legislative amendments in either a piece-meal or comprehensive manner without further delay.

“We, therefore, have no excuse not to seize this moment and do the heavy lifting for our country and our people. It is in our hands to make the structures, laws and constitutional arrangements in our country conducive to modern governance that will ensure our nation thrives in the 21st century.”

https://thecable.ng/we-have-no-excuse-el-rufai-insists-its-time-to-restructure-nigeria

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Karlovich: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2020
If only the lifeless vegetable would listen, he is busy building a railway for his people in Niger republic and providing Electricity to his kinsmen in Chad.

302 Likes 25 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 6:55am On Nov 01, 2020
cool

El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

No President can do it, no Governor has powers to do it

183 Likes 22 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nwodosis(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2020
His heart and his ideas may not be the same. Photoshoped restructural plans!

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Sundrus: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

No be lie.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by nthony10: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2020
All I hear is noise and no action, I will only believe when I see concrete action. Anyways nice way to go, I only hope they will carry all stakeholders along.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by nNEOo(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2020
Come back next 10 years and he'll still be saying it time to restructure.

It seems many people don't know how lazy this Nigeria kinda central government has made many governors.

I repeat,Nigeria governors by default would rather have nothing to do with restructuring,
to them it is easier to have far less responsibility with greater reward,while you can always justifiably blame Abuja and shout my hands are tied.

Anytime you see them talking about stuffs like restructuring etc,kindly do not take them serious,it just their weak attempt to align with public opinion to be seen as if they are with us.

We should know that the status quo favours them richly,even if they're pressurised to submission,they'll make sure that whatever change people expect are so sluggish that people would even start regretting why they even supported restructuring in the first place cheesy

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by DrGoodman: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

When Bukola Saraki and Dogara were heading the national assembly, we blamed PDP, now we have hand picked APC rubber stamp assembly, can we now see its Buharri inefficiency and body language that has been spoiling things?

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by lindareep: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2020
El Rufai pls SORO SOKE, so that BABA go hear for ASO ROCK wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by OfficialAwol(m): 7:06am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

And unfortunately your lords and saviours have rendered the National Assembly into an appendage of the executive.

That they are not talking restructuring is because your lord in Aso Rock has no agenda to restructure.

Besides have your northern saviours understood what the meaning of restructuring is now?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 7:06am On Nov 01, 2020
DrGoodman:

When Bukola Saraki and Dogara were heading the national assembly, we blamed PDP, now we have hand picked APC rubber stamp assembly, can we now see its Buharri inefficiency and body language that has been spoiling things?

2014 national confab failed because from the onset National Assembly who makes and amend National Laws rejected it, and Jonathan can't make laws as we are not in military regime

Components of restructuring is very simple

*Devolution of power: exclusive and concurrent list must be reviewed in the Constitution giving state more responsibility like police, solid minerals, and many more, only the National Assembly can legislate on that

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

Na his recommendations won't work ...we need 6 zones ...let everybody decide which zones they want to be part of ....the states as we have them today can't still function well ..most are mini Nigeria ....kogi ,kwara , kaduna , bauchi, gombe , taraba , rivers , Delta ,Niger , jos

Southern kaduna has no business being in north west , Yorubas have no business being in north central , some part of Niger have no business being in north central,
Oyigbo ,etche , asaba , egebema , omuma have no business being in south south
Same with Igbos in benue and kogi

Let's have 6 zones ..let each zone create as many Provence as they wish in the structure that would fit them

Election should be done by number of zones u win ...u only need to win 4 zones to be president
Number of voters in each zone done really matter ...

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Mokason288(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Don’t allow this controversial midget from HELL deceive you... he is only interested in 2023

No Northerner supports restructuring Ideas because they know HUNGER will finish their people

I hope I made sense

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 7:09am On Nov 01, 2020
OfficialAwol:

And unfortunately your lords and saviours have rendered the National Assembly into an appendage of the executive.

That they are not talking restructuring is because your lord in Aso Rock has no agenda to restructure.

Besides have your northern saviours understood what the meaning of restructuring is now?

And go reply me in the Jos thread except you've ran away like it's characteristic of you guys

Speaking of Lord and saviour

Nigerians have just one slaves and the tribe missing in the picture below at the council of state even as a majority ethnic group are our slaves

Restructuring has been on everyone ones lips since 1999, Obasanjo could not restructure, same as Jonathan simply because it's a legislative function, so stop blaming Buhari while your lawmakers do nothing

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Na his recommendations won't work ...we need 6 zones ...let everybody decide which zones they want to be part of ....the states as we have them today can't still function well ..most are mini Nigeria ....kogi ,kwara , kaduna , bauchi, gombe , taraba , rivers , Delta ,Niger , jos

Southern kaduna has no business being in north west , Yorubas have no business being in north central , some part of Niger have no business being in north central,
Oyigbo ,etche , asaba , egebema , omuma have no business being in south south
Same with Igbos in benue and kogi

Let's have 6 zones ..let each zone create as many Provence as they wish in the structure that would fit them

Election should be done by number of zones u win ...u only need to win 4 zones to be president
Number of voters in each zone done really matter ...

Basically moving back to our initial regionalism Constitution and parliamentary system

Not a bad idea but I think Many states that now enjoy autonomy won't like to go back to regions that boss them over, I don't see Anambra going back under Enugu

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by OfficialAwol(m): 7:17am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

Speaking of Lord and saviour

Nigerians have just one slaves and the tribe missing in the picture below at the council of state even as a majority ethnic group are our slaves

You have OBJ and Shonekan sitting at Council of state yet you had to form Amotekun to arrest the raping of your daughters, wives and mothers?

Olu Falae was already made a perpetual wailer with constant burning of his farms.

The daughter to the president of a whole Afenifere was kidnapped and killed and y'all had your tails in between your legs.

Are you now clear who the slave is?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2020
OfficialAwol:

You have OBJ and Shonekan sitting at Council of state yet you had to form Amotekun to arrest the raping of your daughters, wives and mothers?

Olu Falae was already made a perpetual wailer with constant burning of his farms.

The daughter to the president of a whole Afenifere was kidnapped and killed and y'all had your tails in between your legs.

What exactly do Ibos have to defend themselves after 60 years of independence except imaginary Biafra Secret Service

Lol

grin

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

Basically moving back to our initial regionalism Constitution and parliamentary system

Not a bad idea but I think Many states that now enjoy autonomy won't like to go back to regions that boss them over, I don't see Anambra going back under Enugu
No body is going back to regional system I mean zones ....the same zones we have now ..but people should be given chance to chose which zones they should have not just someone drawing a line and saying u are here

Anambra going back under enugu ? What's anambra ? We have onitsha ,nnewi ,nri, awka ,and the rest ...enugu is the capital of the igbo Nation
Tho I would like we pick a new capital somewhere in the middle of igbo land n build it from ground up

Each Provence should have their own police system more like sharif's , the zone have a general zonal police too

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by DrGoodman: 7:23am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

2014 national confab failed because from the onset National Assembly who makes and amend National Laws rejected it, and Jonathan can't make laws as we are not in military regime

Components of restructuring is very simple

*Devolution of power: exclusive and concurrent list must be reviewed in the Constitution giving state more responsibility like police, solid minerals, and many more, only the National Assembly can legislate on that

We are not talking national confab here. We Are Talking About The 9th Assembly lack of Interest in initiating The Legislation For The Restructuring. I am not here to take lectures from you.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by CodeTemplar: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2020
. . . I doubt he is speaking from his heart. Just playing to the gallery to sway any gullible southerner.

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 7:28am On Nov 01, 2020
DrGoodman:

We are not talking national confab here. We Are Talking About The 9th Assembly lack of Interest in initiating The Legislation For The Restructuring. I am not here to take lectures from you.

Sovereign National Conference always precede a Constitutional change, this is the only way Legislators can know what to argue on, so if National Assembly doesn't accept confab report how exactly would they know new laws to include to restructure Nigeria exactly the way Nigeria wants

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by content208: 7:30am On Nov 01, 2020
I congratulate the APC for developing a new deceptive slang to deceive people for 2023. All they need to do is to promise Restructure.

Their campaign slogan will be Restructure 2023. And Nigerians will forget that APC is a party of recurrent failure and will still vote for them come 2023.

And after 4 years, the APC will then look for another lie to cover up its failure to restructure and Lie Mohammed will declare that "we have technically restructured Nigeria". Then you will still be deceived to vote for him again for 2027.

Weh done o, dear Easily Deceived Nigerians.

32 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by OfficialAwol(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

What exactly do Ibos have to defend them after 60 years of independence except imaginary Biafra Secret Service

Lol

grin

Imaginary?

Well, I don't know what you mean by Biafra Secret Service because I'm not an IPOB and as such I know nothing about their organogram.

But after the attack at Uzo Uwani in Enugu state, have you heard of any attack by the footsoldiers of your Fulani lords in any Southeast state?

Have you heard of herdsmen kidnappings in Southeast?

Did you hear that even the niece of the president of Ohaneze had even a scratch from herdsmen?

You don't compare these things.

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by KosiGee(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2020
OfficialAwol:

This is uncalled for. I don’t know your intentions but whether it’s banter, trolling or outright provocation. This is not necessary.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Bakrabas: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2020
Restructure now, let each state be the architect of it own fortune /misfortune.

Let each state earn according to her own resources, enough of this feeding bottle administration called Federal system

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Raalsalghul: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2020
content208:
I congratulate the APC for developing a new deceptive slang to deceive people for 2023. All they need to do is to promise Restructure.

Their campaign slogan will be Restructure 2023. And Nigerians will forget that APC is a party of recurrent failure and will still vote for them come 2023.

And after 4 years, the APC will then look for another lie to cover up its failure to restructure and Lie Mohammed will declare that "we have technically restructured Nigeria". Then you will still be deceived to vote for him again for 2027.

Weh done o, dear Easily Deceived Nigerians.

Mehn, you really can see through the bullshit.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Chiedu4Trump: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria is dead

The Gold belongs to Zamfara

The Oil belongs to Nigeria

Nigeria is dead,killed by Buhari

Let us leave them to make cows full citizens please
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12605795_cowproudlynigeria_jpege52459d672f805a3325dedca513af693

9 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by MajesticKris: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2020
He knows who he's talking too...
Whenever it's right for them, they do what the feel like..

But we go SHoCk una!!
Restructure my ASS angry

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Niceman12(m): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2020
Mokason288:
Don’t allow this controversial midget from HELL deceive you... he is only interested in 2023

No Northerner supports restructuring Ideas because they know HUNGER will finish their people

I hope I made sense

You're pained to see El-rufai supporting restructuring. I have come to realize that You people are never looking for solutions to Nigeria's problems. What you always want is something to Use to disunite peoples. Even this killings in southern kaduna you're only using it to insult APC, Buhari and El-rufai not that you care. You never want solution for it.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by OfficialAwol(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2020
KosiGee:

This is uncalled for. I don’t know your intentions but whether it’s banter, trolling or outright provocation. This is not necessary.

I don't intend to provoke the Yoruba, but some stupidity must be addressed.

I am a believer in the argument that the entire South should unite to challenge for our destiny from Fulani marauders but some of these paid urchins keep insulting people's sensibilities.

12 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Cyberterror: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2020
El Rufai will be a very good vice president. He is the most influential politician in the north right now after Buhari.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Pigeons Buhari Released Refused To Fly - Femi Adesina / IPOB Cartoon Shared By Lauretta Onochie (Photos) / Meet Evangeline Babuba Abeke, The Best Female Cadet At Police Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.