Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Did Jesus Forgive Judas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Forgive Judas? (1204 Views)

Can God/christ Jesus Forgive Incest Casualty / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2020
Jesus preached forgiveness but did Jesus forgive Judas Iscariot?
And why?
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by AntiChristian: 8:22am On Nov 01, 2020
No forgiveness needed na! Since the biblical Jesus was sent to die...

Didn't he die for Judas' sin too? Jesus made no mistake in choosing Judas as one of his disciples. Judas was a Christian too infact one of the greatest disciples of Jesus. Cos without him Jesus' blood won't have been shed. And the theory of vicarious atonement would be incomplete!

The father loves blood especially his son's!

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by NATIONALPASTOR: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Good topic
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2020
NATIONALPASTOR:
Good topic
ya but still no answer
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
And why?
There is no record of Jesus Christ and Judas Iscariot meeting up after the betrayal took place. What we do have is a record of Jesus Christ meeting up with Peter after His denial of Him, only this took place after Jesus Christ had been raised from the dead.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no record of Jesus Christ and Judas Iscariot meeting up after the betrayal took place. What we do have is a record of Jesus Christ meeting up with Peter after His denial of Him, only this took place after Jesus Christ had been raised from the dead.
you haven't answered the question. Did Jesus forgive Judas? Yes or No?

And why?

Are you saying Jesus did not forgive Judas because Jesus did not meet Judas
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Kobojunkie: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
you haven't answered the question. Did Jesus forgive Judas? Yes or No?
And why?
Are you saying Jesus did not forgive Judas because Jesus did not meet Judas
I am afraid I can't provide you with an answer on behalf of Jesus Christ. I don't even know if Jesus Christ even believed at any point that Judas trespassed against Him. I do know that Jesus Christ was previously aware that Judas would betray Him, not sure if Jesus Christ taught that was bad of Judas or just what Judas was meant to do. undecided

In other news, did Jesus forgive Peter? Weird thing is that He, Jesus Christ, never told Peter that His sins were forgiven Him either. He, Jesus Christ, Served His disciples' breakfast, and afterwards, He asked Peter if He loved Him.... no mention of the word "forgiveness" on that front either. One might say that Jesus Christ did not hold what Peter did against Him, and so there was no reason to declare that his, Peter's, sins were forgiven him.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
And why?

Did you not hear that it was better for Judas not to be born?

You obviously do not know how great Judas's crime was and that it was unforgivable. And remember, there are unforgivable sins.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
No forgiveness needed na! Since the biblical Jesus was sent to die...

Didn't he die for Judas' sin too? Jesus made no mistake in choosing Judas as one of his disciples. Judas was a Christian too infact one of the greatest disciples of Jesus. Cos without him Jesus' blood won't have been shed. And the theory of vicarious atonement would be incomplete!

The father loves blood especially his son's!

For all of you looking for the antichrist, hope you have seen one is here? Exactly as the Lord said!
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I can't provide you with an answer on behalf of Jesus Christ? I don't even know if Jesus Christ even believed at any point that Judas trespassed against Him. I do know that Jesus Christ was previously aware that Judas would betray Him, not sure if Jesus Christ taught that was bad of Judas or just what Judas was meant to do. undecided

As you have said "you do not know", so, it is best you say only that which you do know.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by haddeylium(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
And why?

Simply!
God forgives those who repent of their sins, take action, follow his standards in their life, and exercise faith in Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:​19, 20)
Judas did not show true repentance for his sin. He confessed, not to God, but to the religious leaders he had conspired with.​—Matthew 27:​3-5; 2 Corinthians 7:​10.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I can't provide you with an answer on behalf of Jesus Christ. I don't even know if Jesus Christ even believed at any point that Judas trespassed against Him. I do know that Jesus Christ was previously aware that Judas would betray Him, not sure if Jesus Christ taught that was bad of Judas or just what Judas was meant to do. undecided

In other news, did Jesus forgive Peter? Weird thing is that He, Jesus Christ, never told Peter that His sins were forgiven Him either. He, Jesus Christ, Served His disciples' breakfast, and afterwards, He asked Peter if He loved Him.... no mention of the word "forgiveness" on that front either. One might say that Jesus Christ did not hold what Peter did against Him, and so there was no reason to declare that his, Peter's, sins were forgiven him.
interesting, so you are saying Jesus probably didn't forgive Peter. But isn't forgiveness letting go of wrong done. Didn't Jesus let go?

So if it wasn't written that Jesus forgave Peter, it not being written for Judas, and they both doing what was predestined could mean they were forgiven?

Or I could get from your view that Jesus held what Judas did against Him while he didn't for what Peter did?

Or maybe even before they did what they did, Jesus had forgiven one and not the other, like God loved Jacob but not Esau.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not hear that it was better for Judas not to be born?

You obviously do not know how great Judas's crime was and that it was unforgivable. And remember, there are unforgivable sins.
Was what Judas did, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Why was it unforgivable?

This questions are for people to learn.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2020
haddeylium:

Simply!
God forgives those who repent of their sins, take action, follow his standards in their life, and exercise faith in Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:​19, 20)
Judas did not show true repentance for his sin. He confessed, not to God, but to the religious leaders he had conspired with.​—Matthew 27:​3-5; 2 Corinthians 7:​10.
Judas was sorry and performed one of the most taught in church religious act of restitution. He returned the money, he confessed to his religious leaders. Judas did both, he was sorry and he returned the money, at the time Jesus was not even killed, he was just been maltreated. So Judas only told them where Jesus was, and he it was not like he wanted him to be mistreated nor die, abi?

Just like someone pointed out about Peter, let me ask this who did Peter confess to, did he offers prayers to God for denying His Son.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Kobojunkie: 10:07am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
interesting, so you are saying Jesus probably didn't forgive Peter. But isn't forgiveness letting go of wrong done. Didn't Jesus let go?
I am not saying Jesus Christ did not forgive Peter either. What I am saying is that the conversation did not go as I had expected.
BlueAngel444:
So if it wasn't written that Jesus forgave Peter, it not being written for Judas, and they both doing what was predestined could mean they were forgiven?
No, my thinking is it has to do with something else that maybe I have probably not gotten a full grasp of at this point in my journey.
BlueAngel444:
Or I could get from your view that Jesus held what Judas did against Him while he didn't for what Peter did?
I doubt Jesus Christ held what happened against Judas and Peter. He had previous knowledge of what was to come, including the Judas' betrayal and Peter's denial, and He knew it all had to be that way for the prophets to be fulfilled. My question would be why would He hold anything against any of the actors who had a part to play in the fulfilment of His story?
BlueAngel444:
Or maybe even before they did what they did, Jesus had forgiven one and not the other, like God loved Jacob but not Esau.
I doubt this is the case.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

He Already has given you an Omnibus Answer,
which is "He Does Not know"
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Why was it unforgivable?

Bullseye! Right in the Realm of it!

And do people learn? Only 0.1% do. The other 99.9% Never, and the curious thing is that they have seen that they made the same errors their elders made and have the same results, there elders did, but do they learn? No!
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Judas was sorry and performed one of the most taught in church religious act of restitution. He returned the money, he confessed to his religious leaders. Judas did both, he was sorry and he returned the money, at the time Jesus was not even killed, he was just been maltreated. So Judas only told them where Jesus was, and he it was not like he wanted him to be mistreated nor die, abi?

Just like someone pointed out about Peter, let me ask this who did Peter confess to, did he offers prayers to God for denying His Son.

Good observation, but there are many things still missing and one of which is his last act.

Consider this, what is the judgment of the Answer Script of a Student who brought his Answers from outside the examination hall at the time of submission?
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by haddeylium(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

it's obvious you don't understand the difference between Judaism and Christainity.
JThose jewish leader reject Jesus "the Messiah" God sent as the mediator between Man and God for the New covenant, reject God anointed one and kill him like criminal

2 cor 7:10
For sadness in a godly way produces repentance leading to salvation, leaving no regret; but he sadness of the world produces death
Do you understand?
Judas didn't confess to God, it's those Jewish leader that no longer has God's approval that he confessed to !
That's sadness of the world produces death...It's leads to Eternal Death!

Who did Peter confessed to?...Reason!
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by achorladey: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2020

21Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

And why?

23Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.

Did Jesus lay bare the sins of Judas? Yes he did

Did Judas hear Jesus, Yes long before he (Judas) carried it out grin grin grin

Why was it unforgivable?

The two questions above brings another dimension into the whole SAGA
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2020
achorladey:

21Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

And why?

23Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.

Did Jesus lay bare the sins of Judas? Yes he did

Did Judas hear Jesus, Yes long before he carried it out grin grin grin

Why was it unforgivable?

The two questions above brings another dimension into the whole SAGA

The first question is very clear but the second one is.. most people, infact I have not yet met anyone who who knows and understands what "blasphemy" means and how wide an area it covers.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Was what Judas did, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Why was it unforgivable?
Judas did not sin against the Holy Spirit, and there was nothing to indicate his sin was unforgivable. His sin was against the person of Jesus Christ. Judas had ample time to seek forgiveness from God in the time after His betrayal. And we all know that God will always forgive our sins and remember them no more.

Also, there is no indication that God was responsible for his death.
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not saying Jesus Christ did not forgive Peter either. What I am saying is that the conversation did not go as I had expected.
No, my thinking is it has to do with something else that maybe I have probably not gotten a full grasp of at this point in my journey.
I doubt Jesus Christ held what happened against Judas and Peter. He had previous knowledge of what was to come, including the Judas' betrayal and Peter's denial, and He knew it all had to be that way for the prophets to be fulfilled. My question would be why would He hold anything against any of the actors who had a part to play in the fulfilment of His story?

Which prophet ?
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by CodeTemplar: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Did Judas repent and ask for forgiveness?
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by AntiChristian: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

For all of you looking for the antichrist, hope you have seen one is here? Exactly as the Lord said!

See another one! If a father sheds the blood of his beloved son, is that one a good father?
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by CrazyMan(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
And why?
For forgiveness to occur, you must ask for it. Peter asked God for forgiveness when he denined Jesus. Judas on the other hand didn't I'm sure that if he did, God would have forgiven him.

He died a sinner

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I appreciate your honesty grin
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Bullseye! Right in the Realm of it!

And do people learn? Only 0.1% do. The other 99.9% Never, and the curious thing is that they have seen that they made the same errors their elders made and have the same results, there elders did, but do they learn? No!
you have to explain why yoy wrote that Judas sin was unforgivable
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Good observation, but there are many things still missing and one of which is his last act.

Consider this, what is the judgment of the Answer Script of a Student who brought his Answers from outside the examination hall at the time of submission?

lol he didn't write the exam in the exam hall
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by livingchrist: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Simple because Judas didnt believe in Jesus.
Religious rite such as restitution or penance cannot save any soul
Re: Did Jesus Forgive Judas? by BlueAngel444: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
haddeylium:

it's obvious you don't understand the difference between Judaism and Christainity.
JThose jewish leader reject Jesus "the Messiah" God sent as the mediator between Man and God for the New covenant, reject God anointed one and kill him like criminal

2 cor 7:10
For sadness in a godly way produces repentance leading to salvation, leaving no regret; but he sadness of the world produces death
Do you understand?
Judas didn't confess to God, it's those Jewish leader that no longer has God's approval that he confessed to !
That's sadness of the world produces death...It's leads to Eternal Death!

Who did Peter confessed to?...Reason!

Good point
Your answer is Jesus didn't forgive Judas because Judas had worldly sorrow and regret

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Man Of God Who Wanted To Be Like Jesus; Fasted 40 Days/40 Nights / Which World Cup Team Does God Support? / Did Jesus Or His Companions Celebrate Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.