Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV (13016 Views)

Court Invalidates NBC's powers to Impose Sanctions, Fines On Broadcast Stations / Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Seniorwriter(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Seems the sueing bug is catching so many individuals and organs .....
I always wonder why NBC has not been proactive about making NTA upgrade beyond the EYE-SORE its currently looking like since time immemorial!
In Another news join @WEMOVE on twitter don't be left behind!
This year has been a very LOOOOONG SHOOOORT year!!!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

© Seniorwriter
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by DropsMic(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
That's more like it

1 Like

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Maxymilliano(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
When I see what the NBC and Pa Lai Mohammed are doing with TV and radio stations,I get scared of social media regulation. Pa Lai and his gang want a ZOMBIE country where freedom of expression is a taboo.

1 Like

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Sagefromtheeast: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
Long overdue!
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by SmartyPants(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
ezenwaforj:
Nothing will come out of it .We don't have a credible judicial system in Nigeria

I can hint you that the goal is not for the Nigerian Legal system to provide a remedy. I am certain that the goal is to take this matter tot the African Commission on Human and People's Rights.

That is where SERAP and Media Rights Agenda do most of their work.
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by ProfAmaben(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lai Mohammed and NBC are in trouble. If any of the three stations pay a dime, we would burn down NBC.

1 Like

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by PHIPEX(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Very good move, Lai Mohammed wants to gag the entire media through the backdoor.

1 Like

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Jostoman: 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Aol5:
angry how dis take concern me now?
it concerns you oga

1 Like

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Jostoman: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Overturn of fines on channels and arise tv is okay

But that of Ait ehnnn

That station too useless

Na only when election matter reach ground na im Ait for dey work steadily
After the election and campaign money them go go off air
Ait is one of the best TV station in Nigeria because they always stand for the masses. Ait never go off air so i will advise you to go buy another antenna for your TV.

3 Likes

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Jostoman: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Very good
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Yus2020: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Apc represent evil come 2023 don't Apc if they offer you money collect and chop
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
lol channels grin

upon all the asslicking

2 Likes

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Nyanabo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
How I wish we would here the final outcome of this and it wouldn't be swept under the carpet like many others.
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by udy4real(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Zoo country
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by chatinent: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Kingspin(m): 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Very very good move.

NBC should be the cure of dictatorship
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by authority2006(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omezif:
Let them settle the case in a court. channel AIT, ARIS TIV did their job by giving nigerians informations after lekki shooting. what's their offence on that as they don't even have weapon to say they are the one committed the atrocities which every know to be soldiers. Their only offence is giving nigerians more highlight emanated from the atrocities of the soldiers,The fine is illegal and should be withdraw.

And I'm just wondering why they changed their initial displays of "massacre" to "shootings"!
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
Good move
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by simfrost90210: 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
cry this country is turning into something that's unexplainable
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Ayobami7(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Okay
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Wierdceo: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
As e dy hot .
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by BadBradley: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

But that of Ait ehnnn

That station too useless

After the election and campaign money then them go go off air

That is how they operate here in Edo state
that's the problem with sentiments and Nigeria.

Kill AIT even if they are innocent of the allegation.

This is how impunity survives. In other words, if it were only AIT this Draconian rule affects, you would have lauded it as legal.

The ability to place facts over sentiments is the hallmark of human development.
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by bhella10: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

But that of Ait ehnnn

That station too useless

After the election and campaign money then them go go off air

That is how they operate here in Edo state
AIT will soon become moribund here in Lagos. They are like galaxy TV... useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Alexandroanthon: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria is a country that was dead on arrival.
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by bhella10: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Lai Mohammed and NBC are in trouble. If any of the three stations pay a dime, we would burn down NBC.
When you say "we", who is we?
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by kristisking(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
Why don't they fine NTA which is the mouthpiece of the government? A station which is known for propaganda. You decided to fine these media houses because they informed the people about happenings rather than pretend nothing is wrong during the #EndSARS protest. This is crazy. This is why I don't blame those who call Nigeria zoo
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by MNDY(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kingoslo:
my only problem is LAI MUHAMMAD, this dude want to trample on people's right as if Government na em papa house.. mtcheeeew

Walai that man needs to be taught a very serious lesson. He thinks he can be talking anyhow and doing anyhow. He should be very careful fa before youths around his area will handle him. Everytime he is always showing himself.

2 Likes

Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Mars16(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
If you do what is right and stand for the truth, you'll not need to defend yourself when evil arise because people and God especially would fight for you and not you. That's what is playing out here.
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by Emoney08: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ok
Re: SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV by ProfAmaben(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
bhella10:
When you say "we", who is we?
The people. The people that pay Buhari and NBC their salaries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / JUST IN!!! Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: Niger Delta Youth Boil For War / I Was Begged In My Home To Lead PDP – Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.