Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Question Of The 3rd Person Narration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question Of The 3rd Person Narration (252 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Tower Of Babel (biblical Narration) / Allah Refers To Himself Sometimes As A 3rd Person And In Plural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The 3rd Person Narration by OyinO: 9:40am On Nov 01, 2020
QUESTION OF THE 3RD PERSON NARRATION

If the five Deuterocanonicals were believed and said to be written by Moses, why was there a Third (3rd) Person Narration of the various biblical events recorded?
By 3rd Person Narration, we mean that instead of Moses who was said to write the Books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy to refer to himself as "I" or using the pronoun "I" to represent himself over things he encountered by direct experience, a third Person is doing the storytelling or narration.
For instance, instead of Moses saying or writing, I was here and there doing this and that, and God told me this and that, or God said to me that I should strike the rock, etc., someone else, a 3rd Person is rather saying or writing on behalf of Moses, for instance, "And Moses went up the Mount Sinai, And Moses lifted up his staff, And Moses died, etc. Who is this person that is writing, telling or narrating the story as a Third Person when Moses was said to be the Author of the Five Deuterocanonicals?
Re: Question Of The 3rd Person Narration by bobbybrown007: 9:43am On Nov 01, 2020
what u dont no is bigger than you, i dnt have any idea duo.

(1) (Reply)

New York Drug Lord, Herman Mendoza, Finds Jesus, Turns Pastor- Christiangospel / As A Man Thinks In His Heart, So Is He. / Does Restitution Play A Part In Our Salvation As Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.