Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,986 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. (71342 Views)

JUST IN: Guinness World Record Approves As Nigeria Man Applies To Watch Film / Sudanese Model, Nyakim, Enters Guinness Book Of Records / What's The Benefit(s) If You Set A Guinness World Record? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Nyanabo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Oin grin
Shey una president no de for the record
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by sirjoggy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
kingk:
Op pls add one more person there, cos his records pass that of guinness....

Pa Buhari, caused hardship to Nigerians in 1983, and repeated it in 2020.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by jrusky(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Pls I know of Keshi and Kaffy name but all these ones you mentioned pls which Nigeria are they from, I mean is it Nigeria I'm right now or another one elsewhere?

Though good write up but I'm hearing those names first time ever.

Anyway kudos to them.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by lamentor78(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Why is Buhari not on this list, as the Nigeria president that has presided over the most recession in Nigeria, and death of his citizens

1 Like

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Whitecoal711: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
North east west or south we are one indivisible family
Nigeria we be great
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by HENRY940: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
Buhari should be on that list, for obvious reasons

1 Like

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by KingsleyA2(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Northerners no go dey dis kind list.....Tufiakwa for the north. Adding nothing of value to Nigeria
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by MAYOWAAK: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
..........Stephen Keshi broke the Guinness World Record when he emerged as the youngest person to win the Africa Cup of Nations as a player........
This is false. Keshi won the AFCON trophy as a player in 1994 and he was 31. Henry Nwosu was just 18 in 1980 when Nigeria won her first AFCON trophy on home soil which makes him the youngest Nigerian player to win the AFCON. The likes of Okocha and Oliseh were 19/20 when Nigeria won the 1994 AFCON.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Naijadonors(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kafayat Oluwatoyin is the greatest, i admire her strength �

Make una patronize me jorr, We help you pay your bills in 2 minutes or less.

✅ Recharge Gotv, Dstv & Startimes
✅Pay Electricity bills
✅Buy Airtime
✅Buy Data

Visit: https://payza.ng/

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by skukimania(f): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
You mean someone danced for 52 hours and 3 mins without stopping? Or do you mean 52 mins and 3 seconds?
That's two and a half days! Surely, she must feel the need to pee, eat, sleep etc.
I am not believing that!
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Nmezor(f): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nice to hear
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by stayclearofme: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:
Nonsense,
Bunch of mediocrity. Almost all of them did easy things just to get into the record book like painting large newspaper which can be done by anybody because the record never said that the painting was unrealistically attractive. Just painting.
Another stupidity is dancing for a long time. Like are you kidding me? Just shaking your body. Anyone with enough stamina can do that just that most people see it as a thing of shame to enter the record with such average mediocrity.
The only reasonable records there are that of Stephen Keshi, Tuedon Morgan and David Omueya.
The rest are just records of gabbage set just to enter book. No wonder most of them are broken within seconds of being set.
For your information anything can be on record, whether shameful events or extraordinary
Go and do your own easy thing first and make it into book of records. Talkative, empty barrel.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Didi2d(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
The list is not complete.

Efe Ajagba the fast boxing win in the history of boxing. He won without throwing a Punch
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Didi2d(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
WoundedLamb:
I thought Agbani Darego made a record as the first (and only) black person to win Miss World.

The OP didn't do his/her research well, he also didn't add Efe Ajagba the Nigerian boxer

1 Like

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by lafiagi007: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
Where is Rashidi Yekini?
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by lagzzy011: 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
What of Dj venom.. He broke the world record by mixing non-stop music for 15 days.

Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Am waiting for the day to break mine
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Peppermintflav: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
I heard number 2 was supposed to have gone to a guy, that they did ojoro.
Op you forgot vector the viper I think he broke a record for rapping
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Burgerlomo: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nice one
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Peppermintflav: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
skukimania:
You mean someone danced for 52 hours and 3 mins without stopping? Or do you mean 52 mins and 3 seconds?
That's two and a half days! Surely, she must feel the need to pee, eat, sleep etc.
I am not believing that!
I think they were in groups and they had some time to rest inbetween
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Olodo24: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
I thought Tacha got in for trending simultaneously for one year +
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by skukimania(f): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Peppermintflav:

I think they were in groups and they had some time to rest inbetween

Oh! Thanks.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Emoney08: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Oh
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by marsman: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:
Nonsense,
Bunch of mediocrity. Almost all of them did easy things just to get into the record book like painting large newspaper which can be done by anybody because the record never said that the painting was unrealistically attractive. Just painting.
Another stupidity is dancing for a long time. Like are you kidding me? Just shaking your body. Anyone with enough stamina can do that just that most people see it as a thing of shame to enter the record with such average mediocrity.
The only reasonable records there are that of Stephen Keshi, Tuedon Morgan and David Omueya.
The rest are just records of gabbage set just to enter book. No wonder most of them are broken within seconds of being set.
For your information anything can be on record, whether shameful events or extraordinary
Bigots go and break it, if you can.
Where can we find your own name, failures book of record. shocked
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by marsman: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omoslim26:

Yehn yehn yehn
oga abeg say your congratulovia or waka pass
He can't, na children of hate original, osu pikin.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Omoslim26: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
marsman:

He can't, na children of hate original, osu pikin.

oga ade I don't know wat you are talking about I didn't call anyone Osu pikin don't drag me in dis una childish yoruba vs igbo and other forms of tribal hate and bigotry you guys indulge in on dis forum

e get watin person dey pass I don pass dat rubbish
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by marsman: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omoslim26:

oga ade I don't know wat you are talking about I didn't call anyone Osu pikin don't drag me in dis una childish yoruba vs igbo and other forms of tribal hate and bigotry you guys indulge in on dis forum

e get watin person dey pass I don pass dat rubbish
I don talk wetin i talk. The guy na bigot.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Omoslim26: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
marsman:
I don talk wetin i talk. The guy na bigot.
ok
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by marsman: 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omoslim26:

ok
Peace ✌�
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
I expect my name to be there.

I broke about 500 plates in one day as a kid.

We were playing football close to a plate shop. I was the keeper. The ball went past me and I wanted to go and pick it. It rolled under the table of the plate seller. Mama seller dey inside shop I entered under the table and somehow my head banged against the table. Wrogogogo gbasssss!

All the plates fell on the ground. And I managed to escape.

So terrible!

grin

But I think I should win a different record. The best liar in Africa because that story never happened.

Happy new week.
Re: See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. by Ibiblaze(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Alexgman1:
This article I will be sharing with you 10 Nigerians who are Guinness World Record holders and their amazing records. The Guinness World Records is the world’s most trusted when it comes to the ultimate record-breaking facts and achievements. This book is actually published yearly and lists world records which include human achievements and the extreme of the natural world.
Since the World Guinness Records was introduced globally not much is known about Nigerians that have been able to break records or make it to the Guinness World Records. We only hear of European, American and Asian country coming out top on the Guinness World Records. But after a careful study and research I present to you 10 Nigerians who are Guinness world record holders and their amazing records.
1. Stephen Keshi
Late Stephen Keshi is the former coach of the Nigerian Super Eagles and also a former international Nigerian footballer who captained the Nigerian Super Eagles in the early 90s. Stephen Keshi broke the Guinness World Record when he emerged as the youngest person to win the Africa Cup of Nations as a player and also as a coach. Stephen Keshi was the captain of the Nigerian national team (Super Eagles) when he won the Africa Cup of Nations tournament as a player in 1994. Also Stephen Keshi was the head coach of the Nigerian national team (Super Eagles) that won the Africa Cup of Nations title in Johannesburg, South Africa in February 2013. He broke the Guinness World Records in 2013 before his death.

2. Kaffy
Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau popularly known by her stage name Kaffy is a Nigerian dancer, choreographer, dance instructor and fitness coach. She is also the founder and owner of Imagneto Dance Company. Kaffy whose real name is Kafayat Shafu is another Nigerian who has broken the Guinness World Records. Kaffy is definitely one of the most popular dancers in Nigeria and also known as the queen of chorography. She is one of the popular face on this list as she has gone ahead to make a feat as a dancer. Kaffy alongside with her team set the record for the longest dance at the time which she danced for 52 hours and 3 minutes without stopping in 2006. Kaffy has been regarded as the best dancer in Africa. She is also regarded as the queen of break dance, the queen of chorography and the queen of all kinds of dance moves. He broke the Guinness World Records in 2006

3. Adetunwase Adenle
Adetunwase Adenle is another remarkable Nigerian on this list because unlike everyone else he has four different records. Adetunwase Adenle who is a classroom teacher and artist hold the record in different categories. He holds the record of the biggest painting that has been painted by the largest number of people and this painting is as big as a football field. It measures about 63.5 meters and 49.3 meters and it was painted by 350 volunteers and this painting represents the map of Nigeria. He also holds the record for the biggest football jersey in the world and also has 300,000 students from 600 public schools in Lagos whom he trains to brush their teeth simultaneously at different locations. He broke the Guinness World Records in December 2018.

4. Tuedon Morgan
Tuedon Morgan is a professional athlete. Apparently, a number of Nigerians on this list have excelled and made records in sports. Tuedon Morgan holds the record of the fastest time to run a half marathon on each continent and the North Pole. The record elapsed 62 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 49 seconds and we Nigerians are proud of her amazing records. She broke the Guinness World Records in 2015.

5. Haruna Abdulazeez
Haruna Abdulazeez is a professional athlete. He is another Nigerian who has made it to the Guinness World Records book. He made an incredible record in the sports category. He has the most hits of a tennis ball with a tennis racket handle in one minute. In just one minutes he records about 187 hits of a tennis ball with a tennis racket handle. He broke the Guinness World Records in December 2018.

6. Olawunmi Treasures Bayode
Olawunmi Treasures Bayode is another Guinness World Record holder who has managed to make an exceptional record for himself in surprisingly the reading category. He holds the record for the Longest Marathon Reading Aloud category and made this feat over the course of 120 hours. He broke the Guinness World Records in 2018.

7. Chidera Anemege
Chidera Anemege is Nigerian music star and rapper based in the United States of America. This talented Nigerian hip hop rapper decided to make use of his rap career and set an amazing record in freestyling by getting his name in the Guinness World Records. He set the record in the longest rap freestyle by an individual category which took place at the MTV O Music Awards which was held in Las Vegas in the United States of America. Chidera Anemege set this record over a period of 9 hours. He broke the Guinness World Records in 2011.

8. Harrison Chinedu
Harrison Chinedu is an international footballer and a professional athlete. Most of the people who made it to this record list have excelled in sports and here is another Nigerian talent who goes by the name Harrison Chinedu. This talented Nigerian footballer made the Guinness World Record for the farthest distance walk with a ball on his head. He walked a total distance of 48.04 kilometres in 6 hours and 15 minutes on the 6th of March 2016. He broke the Guinness World Records on 6th March 2016.
9. Obi Ajuonuma
Obi Ajuonuma is a popular Nigerian disk jockey (DJ). He is popularly known as DJ Obi and has made it to the Guinness World Record in his chosen profession as a DJ. He broke the world record for the longest ever DJ set. He achieved this feat over a period of 240 hours at a Café in Lagos, Nigeria. He broke the Guinness World Records in 2016.

10. David Omueya Dafinone
David Omueya Dafinone is a Nigerian chartered accountant. He is the first incredible Guinness World Record holder in this category in Nigeria. David Omueya Dafinone is known for having the highest number of chartered accountants in a family in the world. He broke the Guinness World Records in 1999.
Wizkid has broken records, and among others thete names are not here I know of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos) / Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. / What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.