Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example (33144 Views)

Governors Should Follow Suit On 60% Travel Delegation Slash — Shehu Sani / Labor Party: I Think The Enugu Campaign Rally Is The Biggest One So Far / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by SmartPolician: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:

Basic elsewhere is a luxury in Nigeria

Stop living in a cloud cuckoo land.

Enugu is beyond Independence Layout

Gwurugwuru has been a terrible governor

He hasn't been able to manage the beautiful state that former governor Sullivan Chime handed over to him.

6 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Essence20(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
Enugu, obodo oma smiley

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by stagger: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:
This place is also Abakpa Nike, with very new buildings springing up........

This cannot be Abakpa.....are you serious? I have been away from Enugu for long oooo

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by heniford2: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:

ESWAMA has been marvellous of recent, I must confess. God bless Amaka Anajemba.
lies the under pay those guys ESWAMA those guys are doing wonderful job yet the take home is nothing to right home about

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Essence20(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:

I can't dispute the fact that Owerri is a planned city. Infact it was planned to perfection to compete with enugu. Other perfectly planned cities in South East include umuahia, Aba, Awka, Fegge in Onitsha and recently Abakiliki
But Enugu city has always been on a different level from other south eastern cities and all Nigerian state capital cities because of its purpose (it was designed to be the capital of a country), it has always dwarfed all state capital cities based on its consistency and natural Aesthetics ( mehn viewing the city from enugu ngwo hilltop can be breath taking).
Indeed, the view from that angle, miliken hill is quite magnificent.

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ChimaAdeoye: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
We have to give A LOT of kudos to Gov. Sullivan Chime for his aggressive effort to plant flowers and trees around Enugu. More streets such as the IBB airport road and many critical first impression roads should be adorned with more trees and flowers. I like the airplane roudabout Uguwanyi recently completed there.

Other major cities especially Onitsha and Aba must put laws in motion to encourage more planting of trees. I thank Peter Obi for doing the upper Iweka and Inosi onira areas of Onitsha. But they are just a token for the amount of trees needed in Onitsha to purify the air, beautify the city and improve the health of the residents. Aba, seems to be a basket case. But, every effort should be made to also plant flowers and trees along the major roads and public spaces in that city.

Finally, it will be great legislation if there is an environmental law in Nigeria that mandates at least ONE TREE in every house compound or in front of the house. Imagine how Nigerian streets and the environment would look if we have a tree in front of every house in Nigeria? Nigeria would transform overnight. High density areas of Onitsha and Aba often resemble Agadez or Mogadishu because of the idea that trees or flowers should not be planted in high density layouts. It makes these places concrete jungles. Not to mention the detrimental impact on the health of the people living there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Shakaranews20: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Calabar used to be this clean before Liyel and Ayade happened.

Meanwhile, See the moment Nnamdi Kalu "proofs" to Dele Momodu that the man in Aso Rock isn't the real Buhari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g4oMo2mGQE

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Essence20(m): 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
OP you did a great job..
So proud of 042, my state

5 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by heniford2: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Enugu governor is a bad governor no road maintenance nothing is moving in enugu you will go and snap opara square nd come and say beautiful place Why are you like this why!!!

6 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by plessis: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
okeyglm:

there are many serene areas in ph than Enugu. There is also traffic along T junction to nowas. even in abakpa. amaechi to mayor. even holy ghost and camp. except for pollution

The pH that I know? The pH where you can be robbed anytime? The pH that is the capital of cultism and violence in Nigeria?

Speak what you know.

7 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Enugu from the air......

13 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by franklingud(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
My friend go into the slum don't show us the rich areas.

Abakpa

Acharalayout

Maryland

Monique

Awkunanaw street

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Jonathan39: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sullivan chime and Peter Obi are the best Governors produced in the South East in the last 20years.
The likes of Rocha's,ugwuanyi, Obiano, okezie ipkeazu, orji uzor kalu should be heading to prison soon if Nigeria was a working country

10 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Touchypro(m): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
How much did ugwuanyi pay you for this nonsense, because that's what the governor is good at doing.

5 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by MaziIgwe007: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:
Even in tight city centres, you will notice the beauty of Enugu

Front of HRC, Uwani Enugu.

Pls tell me, how much does ifeanyi ugwuanyi pay u guys to spill thrash??

Funny how you kept rotating around govt house axis. Show us OBIAGU, ABAKPA, EMENE, NEW HAVEN, GARIKI, OGUI ROAD then I will know ur first female governor is working.

Before you come online to spill lies upon lies, also know indigenes of Enugu are also on nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by mu2sa2: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
As my ngbatee brothers wil say - "thank you o jare".

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Jonathan39: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
Power was handed over to Obiano and ugwuanyi. That is simply the reason they are performing in the media and not real life
Touchypro:
How much did ugwuanyi pay you for this nonsense, because that's what the governor is good at doing.

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
okeyglm:

I am from Enugu, oga
Oga, Enugu City is beautiful compared to other cities in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Aerial shots of Enugu city

It's a very beautiful place filled with greenery

9 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by chatinent: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
Yawns
Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Cognitivedisson(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
I donot understand why the black and White is what we always use for our roads. It is depressing.

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Sniper101(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Enugu looks deserted undecided

Or the photos were taken during that lockdown period

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
Jonathan39:
Sullivan chime and Peter Obi are the best Governors produced in the South East in the last 20years.
The likes of Rocha's,ugwuanyi, Obiano, okezie ipkeazu, orji uzor kalu should be heading to prison soon if Nigeria was a working country
Stop celebrating mediocre and corrupt governors.

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
You will be amazed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Godasco: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
This is just the truth!!...no more explainations needed..
But how can they, when they neither control the police, talkless the army.
Well, they can still try with some vigilantes.
Whatever is the case, it's obvious confederation is the way forward - United states of Nigeria (USN).
But they're educated enough to know this...enough!!

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by oneeast: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
MaziIgwe007:

Pls tell me, how much does ifeanyi ugwuanyi pay u guys to spill thrash??

Funny how you kept rotating around govt house axis. Show us OBIAGU, ABAKPA, EMENE, NEW HAVEN, GARIKI, OGUI ROAD then I will know ur first female governor is working.

Before you come online to spill lies upon lies, also know indigenes of Enugu are also on nairaland.

Hahahaha
Enugu all about propaganda, the town is just a mess.

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by 4four(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Is it how the whole Enugu look like? If not then there is not different btw it and the rest of the state in Nigeria that pariotise the capital at the detriment of the rest of the local govt
Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Focusmind: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Glorifying mediocrity? I wonder what we learn from watching foreign movies. Don't we see how their cities and towns looks? You are glorifying this as if it is the best the government could provide with open gutters.

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by SmartPolician: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
oneeast:

Hahahaha
Enugu all about propaganda, the town is just a mess.

Enugu is not a mess

However, OP laid emphasis on more developed parts of the state

But that doesn't make Enugu a mess.

11 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ChimaAdeoye: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
Jonathan39:

If Obiano completes the Anambra Intl. airport, the Awka stadium, and the International Conference center, then added to his flyover, agricultural revolution, completion of the Agulu hotel and malls, I think Obiano would have done extremely excellently!

Only time will tell if Obiano can be in the class of failure administrators or in the class of legends that transformed their states despite the difficulties.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by AmazingELixir: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
grin grin grin

Chai love 042 sha....very quiet sleepy state, ..my only problems with Enugu is there rising crime wave and ofcourse Enugu state hatea white...bring white or immediately transforms it to brown in hours.

Op flash is Trans_ Ekulu axis na naa.

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Bkayyy: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
franklingud:
My friend go into the slum don't show us the rich areas.

Abakpa

Acharalayout

Maryland

Monique

Awkunanaw street

So inorder to please you, he should leave the normal areas and show you some particular slums which are not up to 5 percent of the city.
My brother, detest poverty so it can flee on its own.
This is the same problem I have with flavour, Phyno and Nollywood. When they want to shoot a video in a city, they will waste all their time looking for slums to shoot in because they know Nigerians like slums and poverty

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senator Adeleke's Autopsy Report Reveals High Levels Of Alcohol And Banned Drugs / Festus Keyamo Attacks Vanguard Newspaper Over Poor Headline "Bad Journalism" / John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.