Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns (492 Views)

Second Wave Of COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Down Schools, Etc / Chinese Condoms Too Small For Zimbabwean Men – Health Minister / How Uganda's Health Minister Busted Corrupt Health Workers Using Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by peacettw: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2020
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, has warned that the second wave of the COVID19 pandemic is imminent if Nigerians continue to disregard all COVID19 protocols.

Ehanire gave the warning while speaking at the virtual Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the Guild of Medical Directors in Lagos State with the theme ‘Post-COVID-19 Era: Economics and Healthcare Delivery in Nigeria.’ on Saturday, October 31.

The minister said the second wave being experienced in Europe and America should serve as a note of warning to Nigerians. He said with the high volume of human traffic from Nigeria to those continents, reopening of schools, the #EndSARS protest, and many other factors, Nigeria is predisposed to a second wave of the pandemic.

“I fear that with the laxity displayed by our own population, our own second wave is imminent.”he said

The Minister called on Nigerians to ensure they obey all non-pharmaceutical COVID19 protocols such as hand-washing, use of face masks, and social distancing, among others.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by peacettw: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2020
Let's not pretend that this belongs in the health section anymore.
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by flyingpig: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Stop blabbing

There is no COVID in Nigeria currently and as well, nobody is following your goddamn protocols abi face mask and sneezing rules.

To hell with it.

We move with our african genes

3 Likes

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by peacettw: 11:52am On Nov 01, 2020
flyingpig:
Stop blabbing

There is no COVID in Nigeria currently and as well, nobody is following your goddamn protocols abi face mask and sneezing rules.

To hell with it.

Its really disheartening, most especially as there is no data to back it up. Literally nothing except of course that the developed nations are currently facing this.

This to me is politically motivated. We need our epidemiologists, data scientists and public health experts plus other interested parties to come up with solid facts of this "wave" as it concerns our unique population and environment.

3 Likes

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by Throwback: 11:52am On Nov 01, 2020
flyingpig:
Stop blabbing

To hell with it.

Ignorant arrogance will only result to regrets.
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by mustmust(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2020
Copy copy people . As Europe say they have second wave we dey copy forgetting that WHO predicted that Africa will be an epicentre and it never happened.

2 Likes

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by gmo10(m): 11:53am On Nov 01, 2020
Second wave of looting underway

2 Likes

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by flyingpig: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2020
Throwback:

Ignorant arrogance will only result to regrets.
Please show me proof you're wearing face mask where you are
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by Throwback: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
flyingpig:
Please show me proof you're wearing face mask where you are

I am in my house now, so no mask.

I went out 2ce yesterday and I was with a mask on my face. I will go out today and will be with my mask on, same for my wife.

I have been going to the office with my mask as mandatory PPE before entry into the premises.

Whatever requires me to step out of my compound, be it work or social related, I use my mask.

I still stay at home to watch the Mass on TV (Lumen Christi on DSTV) rather than go to the church, because I know that many like you exist who pose a threat to my health, regardless of what measures the church implements.

Ultimately, I still limit my outings to reduce my risk of exposure.
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by Fahdiga(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Second wave of looting you mean. Nigerians we all can now see our leaders. another round of looting spree by them is in the offing. this are the same people that wants to arrest all the youths because of ordinary looting of noodles. I weep for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by Righteousness89(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
[s]
peacettw:

The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, has warned that the second wave of the COVID19 pandemic is imminent if Nigerians continue to disregard all COVID19 protocols.
[/s]
Cancelled!!

peacettw:

The minister said the second wave being experienced in Europe and America should serve as a note of warning to Nigerians. He said with the high volume of human traffic from Nigeria to those contin[s]ents, reopening of schools, the #EndSARS protest, and many other factors, Nigeria is predisposed to a second wave of the pandemic.
[/s]
Cancelled again!
Nigeria is not Europe! Neither is Nigeria American!

[s]
peacettw:

“I fear that with the laxity displayed by our own population, our own second wave is imminent.”he said
[/s]
Nullified!!
Affliction shall not arise again!
It Shall not Stand! Neither will it Come to Pass

Nigeria is Has been Divinely Secured from the Plandemic!
Any attempt by any man or official to Connive or Partner with agents of Darkness in Order to Enrich their pocket and enslave the People! Anyone or Group involved will Personally rooted out of the Earth in JESUS Name.. Amen
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by Openbusiness: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by THUNDER4real(m): 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lockdown loading....copy copy Nigeria government...

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by peacettw: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Throwback:

I am in my house now, so no mask.

I went out 2ce yesterday and I was with a mask on my face. I will go out today and will be with my mask on, same for my wife.

I have been going to the office with my mask as mandatory PPE before entry into the premises.

Whatever requires me to step out of my compound, be it work or social related, I use my mask.

I still stay at home to watch the Mass on TV (Lumen Christi on DSTV) rather than go to the church, because I know that many like you exist who pose a threat to my health, regardless of what measures the church implements.

Ultimately, I still limit my outings to reduce my risk of exposure.

I find it interesting that you still put on masks so kudos. I stopped wearing mine a month ago. My hypothesis at the time was that the virus in circulation must be a mild strain to explain the relative lack of deaths, and reports of high asymptomatic cases.

I had figured that since noone knows when the vaccines will be ready, the best course of action will be to expose myself to this mild strain since statistically there is a high tendency that I will be immunized to a reasonable degree (a similar concept behind all known immunizations today). So far, my family and I are all good.

Now if a second wave is truly in the works, chances are that the strain will be different, and perhaps more virulent. Those exposed ab initio with passive immunity/memory cells stand a better chance of recovering faster (case in point Cristiano Ronaldo) vs those who have never been exposed to the virus before.

Again, all circumstantial, but I am sure there is some level of sense in it.
Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by TheSERAPH: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
What second wave? Is corona still in

Nigeria.

This money sucking demons in human form are looking

for another means to eat free money again.

The second wave will hit you( Mr minister) and your

family and not the rest Nigerians

#curse be any mod that delete this post. #amen

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by OhBiafra: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
There was never a first wave in the zoo

1 Like

Re: Second Wave Of COVID-19 Imminent! - Nigeria's Health Minister Warns by gambia(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Second wave kill you there...tueh

(1) (Reply)

Common Cold Treatments / The Best Powerful Spiritual Man Of Spells Casters Herbalist And Native Doctor / Yellow Xnax Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.